Wednesday Chat: October 8

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 08 Oct, 2014

Comments
Played the first couple of hours of Alien isolation last night, not come to the alien yet, but they've really nailed the atmosphere of the film and it looks and plays very nicely. Whilst they are still putting games out of this quality on last gen I really don't see the need to upgrade.
The Gamecube controller adaptor for Wii u is going to be usable for more than just Smash Bros. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-08-wii-u-gamecube-controller-adaptor-compatible-with-more-than-just-smash-bros
Ordered Smash + Gamecube Adapter. Also ordered it on the Ninty Store just in case they offer their own little bonus
Been waiting for Amazon to update with the adaptor bundle since it was announced for the US a couple of weeks back.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Same here with aliens, was pleased there was no sign of the alien for ages, it helps build the tension.
Yep, going to get a few more hours in tonight and get to meet the alien, love the steelbook too, done up like the Nostromo lifeboat, very snazzy and well worth paying a few quid extra for.
Anyhoo, what I really want to know is if the Gamecube Adapter would work on PC (Dolphin, PCX2, Multiplayer, etc) I doubt it but it would be quite cool it it did
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i have a GC to pc adapter :) cost about 5 quid off ebay a few years ago. I hope when GC controller support is added to MK8 that they allow you to drive with the shoulder button and not A though.
Yeah, i saw one the other day when I was looking for the Smash Bros bundle, looked identical to what Nintendo are doing.
I know there is already one for the PC but this will save me having multiple ones in when I play Timesplitters or just any mutiplayer game
Might work, you'll just have to wait and see really. Even if it doesn't at launch someone might create the necessary drivers for it to work.
Yea. Well I'm getting it anyway so I'll find out in December
I'm not that bothered personally, might upgrade my order if/when Amazon put the bundle up, could be a while though, they haven't even got the release date up yet.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Has anyone played Project Spark. Looked interesting from the reveal and know there has been a beta but not really heard much about it or anybody even playing it
Mr Xbox has I'll bet.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Very true it will be why LBP 3 will get such a bad review after everyone has played Project Spark. Its just saw Shopto advertise the retail copy and was thinking havent heard hardly anything about it for months and months. Only thing I have really heard is it micro transaction heavy. Its a new IP for microsoft and they dont really seem to be pushing it.
Ninty have now said that the GC adapter will only work with Smash Bros. Me thinks they are trying/tried to get it working for other titles but it's a no go (GC pad only has 3 shoulder buttons)
Project Spark will have a similar model to the RPG Makers. Which in itself isn't a bad model, expensive yes but not bad
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I am sure a while back I saw Joe post that shopto were getting a collectors/limited edition of Freedom Wars for the Vita but cant seem to see it unless he just meant shopto got exclusive DLC.
Must of just been the DLC
Definitely won't be bothering with the GC adaptor if it's just for Smash Bros then, between both copies of the game, 5 Amiibo's and a new 3DS XL I've already put out almost £300 on it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Been waiting for Shadow of Mordor to appear in local CEx - picking up tonight after work as they now seem to have a copy. Getting from CEX as i'm trading a few completed games for it - can't afford to spend real money on anythign else this month (Sleeping dogs on the way, bayonetta 2 and sam warriors 4 on order)
Welp. At least now I will be able to get it for a decent price (if true) http://www.amazon.it/Square-Enix-Final-Fantasy-Type-0/dp/B00KX5RQKO/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1411760245&sr=1-4
Metroid skins in Monster Hunter 4 look pretty sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVvN5Yo7YRQ&feature=youtu.be