Thursday Chat: October 9

It's Thursday and I spent most of yesterday working and playing DriveClub. We'll have a review soon, but let's just say it's not all that bad, well apart from the fact that the servers are down at the moment.

So what games is everyone else playing? Are you planning on picking up DriveClub or any of this week's other new releases such as Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 09 Oct, 2014

Comments
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Absolutely addicted to Horizon 2, Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation at the moment. As for Drive Club, decent racer despite server issues but the whole not releasing it because of server overload is rubbish in my opinion, they are holding back the PS+ version because of some not so good reviews and are worried about it affecting sales of the full game. Sleeping Dogs, really enjoyed it last gen but not enough to play it through again.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
There is a new psn sale. October deals. Picked up a few vita games in it last night
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
@oldtimer I genuinely think it's been delayed because of server issues. They were down all day yesterday. Imagine adding PS Plus users to that. It wouldn't be the best advert for the game. I think it's a wise decision.
It's really slack of Sony on the Driveclub servers, they really hyped it up that it would be big, and then they aren't even prepared for it. No more games for me this week, loving Alien Isolation though, had my first death by alien last night, after getting through a section of androids I'd totally forgotten about it and it caught me doing some noisy exploring. Going to put a few more hours in to it today aand hopefully get it finished in time for the Evil Within next week.
Might pick up Final Fantasy 13 but only after I see how the port (or non port) is, 60gb download
Screw it! It's only It's only £7.92 from Greenmangaming
Kwan 2 years ago
Been playing Destiny and Fifa 15, Destiny in particular is losing its appeal to me now. When I'm not playing with my friends, it's too much of a chore. Even with my friends, I cannot continue to overlook the repetitive nature. The game may change in the future with added content but I'm not willing to pay for DLC for a hollow game. Seems like the reception for Shadow of Mordor has been very positive ! Considering trading in Destiny and perhaps Fifa 15 to get that. Anyone else recommend the game? How long would you say it takes to 100% the game?
I haven't played Shadows personally but a few people I know swear by it. It's even the GotY for a couple
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
FF 13 is 60 gig! i bought on pre-order a few weeks back - just r emoting into pc at home to start the d/l - didn't know it was 60gig tho
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Is that just the first game or all 3? The first one on 360 was 3 discs.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
just the first one - added key - game not unlocked yet but it really is 59 gig - having to free up more space. think its time to get another 2tb hd
The actual download itself is 49.4gb. I set it to Pre-load an hour ago and I'm on 2.4gb downloaded
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I have plenty to keep me occupied with Sleeping Dogs, Aliens, Forza Horizon 2, Shadows of Mordor, Smash Bros. Driving Club and project Spark can wait on being purchased, although may be able to still play Project Spark from the Beta download (which I never got around to playing) as went to see what the digital price of it was last night, and there was none, just had option to play.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Question: For the Evil Within it says that processing is on the 9th and shipping is on the 11th, which one of these dates do i get charge via my bank card? only asking as i always pre paid for my pre orders but not anymore.
Isn't Project Spark a F2P title?
9th
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
mine just finally started - after deleting stuff - 3 hours its gonna take to d/l :( should be done by time i get home tho :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah its F2P the retail disc just gives you stuff that you would normally pay for in the game so gives you more options to start with.
3 hours!? I hate you
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
haha, yeah - sky have recently been doing Fiber in my area so i get about 6MB/s download now - was on 6Mb/s for too long! Just realised it is only thursday though - thought it was Friday - no playing until tomorrow :(
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
scrap that - ffxiii goes live in 4 hours
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Thats the thing PC is alot quicker then consoles for downloading imagine if consoles went all digital and having to download 60gb games all the time. Titanfall took a while for me on my Xbox One. Consoles really need to get up to PC download speeds.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah, psn goes really slow for me sometimes (I have it wired up rather than wireless) takes about twice as long as a pc download. I do like the fact that if i buy anything while in work i can just remotly download it on my ps4 though. means its ready when i get home
I'm running 4Mbps-5Mbps now that I'm back with Sky, also using Ethernet (Though over a Powerline)
You can do that with Steam as well. Though I never use stuff like that cos I turn all the switches off when not using stuff
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Just got BT infinity so I am up yo 44 download and 9 upload :)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I have no problem downloading games on my Xbox one using a 15m Ethernet cable, battlefield 4 took an hour, cod ghosts was an hour and 20 mins and titan fall was about 35 mins, i am with sky fiber pro and my current speeds are 78mbs down and 18mbs up, i will upgrade again when ever faster speeds become available with sky.
Is that the speeds your getting on your Xbone Danny? There is always loss of speed when using consoles. Mine is 4Mbps-5Mbps but on my PS3 it stays at around 3.35Mbps ”
Bayonetta 2 demo on the eshop now. ;)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Yea Nox, my Xbox downloads everything at around 9mbs - 10mbs, if you go to settings, network, detailed usage, it tells you your current usages in mbs, usually when i download a game ill quickly have a look see if my connection is still up to par and i just released that there isn't much point in upgrading my internet when ever sky bring out faster fiber as i'm certain that the Xbox one can only handle 100mbs.
You using a CAT5 or CAT6 Ethernet cable? You should get better speeds than that even with the downgrade
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
15m Belkin CAT 6, i know i should get better speeds when downloading games through the Xbox one but i don't know how to make to go faster and if you do maybe you could tell me? but to be honest i think its fast enough considering i can download 35GB (BF4 which i rented via EA access) games in an hour, i buy all single player/co op games from shopto (buy, play, sell) but i do buy multiplayer games on demand and the next one on demand is Halo MCC which i know is 49GB so that should take an 84 mins if my maths is right.
Not got an Xbone so I'm not really sure on that front
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
What is the discount price for Evil Within? I placed preorder on 3rd Oct and being charged £44.51 for it. I was expecting £39.51, but maybe non discount price is about £50?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
@superniceguy yeah that seem right i just checked i was charged £44.51 and that's with the so called gold member discount.