Gran Turismo 7 coming to PS4 in 2015/2016, says Yamauchi

Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital are aiming for a 2015/2016 release date for Gran Turismo 7 on PS4.

Studio head Kazunori Yamauchi said as much in an interview with GamesTM magazine, adding that PS4 makes everything much more natural.

“Everything will be running naturally,” Yamauchi said about the PS4. “PS3 was much, much more difficult. The high quality of data that we have being rendered on the PS4 I think is going to make an incredible difference.

“For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6,” he added. “We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.”

We reckon 2016 is more likely. What do you think?

Edited On 13 Oct, 2014

Comments
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 2 years ago
Given Gran Turismo's track record (and that of PS4 releases so far for that matter), I would bet on a 2017 release. Probably running at 900p 60fps or 1080p 30fps. Seriously though, I hope they truly innovate the franchise this time. And please, no prologue releases.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Your post makes no sense, Gran Turismo 6 was announced and released within a period of 7 months or so and only one first party PS4 title has actually suffered delays, and there's no reason at all to assume any compromises on the technical front given that the GT series has always been the most technically impressive racer on the market. What would you consider "innovating" as well, by the way?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Little big planet has been delayed by a full week over here :) Was the order not delayed as well?
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 2 years ago
I think the post does make sense. Maybe in your opinion the argument doesn't? I apologise if my view offends but I am sat here with a PS4, a PS+ subscription and a copy of Destiny, which I can't play because the PSN is yet again down for maintenance. Driveclub delayed by a year, Infamous delayed by several months, The Order now 2015 instead of 2014... Not actually many more exclusives on the PS4, but plenty of the third party games advertised when PS4 was announced were also delayed (Watchdogs, etc). I loved Gran Turismo, but nothing much has changed about it since the early days. Driveclub at least seems to be trying some social aspects, but let's face it, if I knew how to make video games innovative I would be getting paid much more than I do now.
Don't mind kevin, he's just a raging PS fanboy.
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 2 years ago
Lol! I am normally, but with the PSN down I'm bored!
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Oh the hypocrisy! hah :D
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" Don't mind kevin, he's just a raging PS fanboy. " - While it's true I've never made any secret of my preferences and have on occasion crossed the line into being passive aggressive, describing me as "raging" implies a level of extreme emotional investment in the subject of videogames that I simply am not capable of. If I ever get to a point where I am throwing OTT abuse and false accusations at people on a comments board for merely making benign observations that aren't in line with my own world view, then yes, then it would be safe to label me as having gone completely beyond the pale.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"Driveclub delayed by a year, Infamous delayed by several months, The Order now 2015 instead of 2014... Not actually many more exclusives on the PS4, but plenty of the third party games advertised when PS4 was announced were also delayed (Watchdogs, etc). " - Infamous and The Order were never actually given release dates prior to the final ones they ended up with actually. Driveclub is the only game this gen that Sony put a release date on that it failed to hit to my knowledge. Sony doesn't have any control over third party delays either. My point was about first party releases only.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" I think the post does make sense. Maybe in your opinion the argument doesn't?" - The part I was referring to as 'not making sense' was the implication that massive delays and a 'prologue' release for a new GT were a given when the last game in the series had neither is all.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
As I've been saying to others tonight on the PS forums, as much as I've loved the GT series in the past, the last 2 whilst good have gone down hill in my opinion so I hope Sony etc bring back past glories with this one but with a 2015/16 release mentioned I wouldn't hold my breath seeing this before late 2016 at the earliest, maybe even early 2017 knowing Sony. Also there's been whispers that Turn 10 will announce Forza 6 before Christmas for a mid-late 2015 release, another favourite of mine but I honestly think that both Forza 6 and GT 7 are going to have their work cut out with Project Cars if it lives up to what's being talked about.
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 2 years ago
Fully agree Old Timer. Sorry Prometheus Fan but I didn't mention first party titles in my original post - that was you. GT6 may not have been delayed but GT5? The bottom line is I think GT7 will be delayed, as do many others. The reference to other PS4 releases was tongue in cheek so I apologise if I have offended you, maybe I should have just said 'other next-gen releases'? Feel free to reply in multiple posts again getting worked up about one man's opinion, but my advice is chill out and put forward your own arguments without criticising those of others and wondering why you get a negative reaction.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
I admit I could have misunderstood parts of your posts or something, but I don't see how you are getting that I'm "upset" from that. Multiple posts are an unfortunate side effect of this site's extremely poor format. I'm just curious as to your basis for the assertion that GT7, a game currently not even officially announced lets not forget, will suffer delays when the most recent entry in the series did not and in fact had one of the shortest turnarounds from announce to release for a major title last generation. I was also confused by your demands for 'innovation' with no elaboration on what that actually entails... but you already said you don't know what you want there so it probably isn't worth getting into again.
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 3 months ago
Two years later, and looks like I was right, promethiusfan... X