DriveClub servers continue to be upgraded

Evolution has said that Continual upgrades to the DRIVECLUB servers are building a steady increase in performance, meaning that more and more players are being connected.

"The next server update is coming within 24 hours and will mean we can start to switch on more of the online features, so that you will be able to play more of DRIVECLUB online," said a statement on the companies facebook page.

"We are sorry that we don't have more concrete news to share right now, but please be patient. We will have more information for you soon."

DriveClub servers have been suffering from poor performance since launch, meaning that players have been unable to connect and features had to be switched off. We played yesterday and it seems like things are getting slightly better now, so hopefully in the next few days thing will be working perfectly.

Edited On 14 Oct, 2014

Comments
Chris 2 years ago
servers are still hit and miss at the minute seems to be better last couple of days though.on the plus side it gave me time to complete most of the trials offline i have managed to unlock all the cars and have reached LVL40 car club is LVL17 and ranked 200 were looking for a couple more members if anyone is looking for a club message me gt zhoubaba
lukas83's avatar
lukas83 2 years ago
Never has a game been such an epic disaster from conception to finish! Not only must it be incredibly embarrassing internally for Evolution & Sony but also the way they've handled it PR & recovery-wise has almost been none existent. It'll surly be the joke of the industry for a long long time. It's certainly taken the throne from Duke Nukem Forever!
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
^ I don't know lukas, for me Battlefield 4 still has to be the biggest disaster at launch, going to take one MAJOR disaster to topple that lol. I still don't think Drive Club plays badly but for what Sony were saying before launch ... "The ultimate next gen racer" ( or words to that effect ) this hasn't been a good advertisement for them. I wonder what they spent the extra year on? Again the ultimate next gen racer? I've personally played better racers on the 360/PS3 and I'm still baffled how once again a game after so long in development and the developers can't get the servers up and running properly? I see loads on the PSN forums crying out for a decent racer, in my opinion they won't have to wait long with Project Cars due out next month, this game looks stunning in my opinion!
kidtwist77's avatar
kidtwist77 2 years ago
Not as bad as SimCity so far... at least we have single player to keep us occupied :) for now.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
I'd assumed this was fixed by now tbh. I've been seeing a lot of races being streamed on the Live from PS app that have been fine at least. I'll still wait a bit though personally to be sure.
ANTHONY 2 years ago
I think that these problems that Sony are dealing with so badly shows that they have no concept of customer service to not even acknowledge emails or answer via twitter/facebook shows the true side of them when your customer(me) has spent£449 on a mega bundle in november 2013 invested in games and Ps plus membership when my ps upgrade of drive club does not work correctly i deserve an explanation if this the future of next gen then they can keep it!