Destiny updated by Bungie

A new update has been released for Destiny which includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes, specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

Here's what's new:

General

Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes

Titan

- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

Warlock

- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

General

- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles

- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons

- In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles

- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns

- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons

- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity

- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Perks

- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

Strikes

- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
- Raid - Vault of Glass
- Templar Encounter
- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations

- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

Edited On 14 Oct, 2014

Comments
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
Sounds like a great update, I know many people have stopped playing destiny. Even I admit it can get very repetative, but like titanfall even animal crossing it still leaves you wanting more. For me it's still the best game for playing co-op with pals. I sold my fifa 15 yesterday as kick off glitch ruined the game.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I have another incentive, I finally got an Exotic bounty. Still love the game. think I've put more hours into this than any other
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I got an exotic bounty at the weekend but they involve crucible stuff which I suck at and the bounty I choose kind means I need to be fairly good at it as well. Shame you cant get PVE specific ones and PVP ones.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
yeah Dave me too, put more hours into this than any other, I removed my exotic bounty as it was not good fun getting it at all, Bad JuJu incidentally Dave, then I sold my exotic primary weapon Red Death, even though it was my only exotic weapon
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I got lucky and have had all the exotic bounties, you do get one that is PVE only which is for the machine gun. The multiplayer ones aren't too bad but it is a bit of a grind. I had a good run the other day and got 4 legendary engrams over the weekend with one being an exotic shotgun which is used as a primary weapon called Universal remote which is pretty cool. I have started levelling up a Titan but I still prefer the Warlock.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
What did you have to do for yours Jay mine started of doing the summoning pits strike then killing hive on moon now. I have to get 500 points in crucible using void damage so have to use special weapons to get kills so makes crucible no fun. Read the last bit was going to be kill Xyor the Unwed which would of been interesting as not done that yet.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Xyor the unwed is quite difficult it is a lvl 26 summoning pit strike you have to do but wait at the end for him to come. Everything is given the epic buff as well so they all have strong shields. For the void damage it helped being a warlock but I did use a void damage fusion rifle as well which made it easier. You know which weapon you are getting right?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah getting the Thorn hand Cannon if I bother to complete it. I am a warlock if I change back to Voidwalker will any kills made by grenades specials and melees count towards score? So Xyor can only be done on level 26 strike?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Yeah it is a special strike that only opens up when you have the mission. Yeah any of they kills will count which is useful, especially with the super. It is a pretty good hand cannon and they have said they are going to make it stronger which is good.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Cool will will give crucible another go with my fully upgraded Voidwalker see if I do any better.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I haven't played on this game at all since Shadow of Mordor came out. Can't say I've missed it really. I will go back to it eventually though. Last time I was on, I was working towards 2 exotic bounties.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
mine was sepiks prime , then 25 strikes, then 10,000 points in the crucible
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
what, a strike that only opens up once youve had the mission, NOT HAPPY lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It is just the same strike again, also if no one else has the bounty they get bugger all. I will say to you though if you find any blue rarity fusion rifles keep them for the pocket infinity bounty as that is a great weapon.