Photo Mode added to Shadow of Mordor

Shadow of Mordor now has a Photo Mode on PS4 and Xbox One, thanks to a new patch.

Clicking the left thumbstick allows you to take a picture and customise your shot, although it doesn't appear to let you take screenshots on Xbox One because the console has no screenshot feature.

In the video below the player is using Xbox One, although has a capture card for screenshots.

You can get around this by recording a clip and grabbing a screenshot, although hopefully Microsoft will add a screenshot feature in soon as it is quite a highly requested feature.

Edited On 16 Oct, 2014

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I thought I saw some news recently within the last month or so with Microsoft mentioning a screenshot feature for the Xbox ONE, but it is definitely on their list of updates to do. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-plans-to-add-xbox-one-screenshot-feature-in-system-update/1100-6419969/
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Wow, guess some other devs really owe Sucker Punch for coming up with this one if they're just straight implementing it as they came up with it wholesale in their games. Also, can you seriously not take screenshots with Xbox One? Wow...
Tales of Xillia 2 allowed you to take screenshots
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I seem to remember PGR3 having a photo mode when the 360 first came out. The xbox ones screenshots are coming in one of the monthly updates like the one that added media support to the xbox one just like the PS4 ... oh wait ;)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Except this particular photomode is identical to the one in Infamous Second Son... like, completely identical in how it works. Sorry I apparently hurt your feelings though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Couldnt have told you that though never bothered with the photo mode in either. Is it the same as the last of us? It would take more than that to hurt my feelings. My point is though that both consoles are missing features that they should both have if that makes sense.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"My point is though that both consoles are missing features that they should both have if that makes sense." - Fair enough, I just don't get why you felt the need to make that point here and at me is all. A "no" in response to my post would have sufficed.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" Seriously? Is kevin trying to credit something that's been around for years to a recent PS4 game?" - Only if you have comprehension problems, yes. I was saying how this is identical to the photomode in Infamous specifically. Nothing more.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
it is strange how Second son got it then it was patched into Last of us and now Mordor. Its a good feature and I love messing around with it in these games, but they are all identical. If they are patching it into games why not (for the ps4 sake) add this function as an OS feature rather than game based. It is a nice feature though and lets you get pretty nice images
kevin really does love to try and credit anything and everything to Sony. This is just like his recent insistence that 3DS dashboard themes were copied from the Vita, and his further insistence that Sony hadn't copied them from anyone else because they invented them on PS3. And even when he was proven wrong by 360 having themes at launch he tried to make out he meant custom themes, but when it was pointed out 360 had them from launch too he just walked away without even acknowledging that he was wrong. He probably totally missed the further discussion establishing it as an unoriginal concept as it being the same as PC desktop themes, and that the idea of personalizing your space, virtually or otherwise goes back to cave paintings, although at this point it may have been a joke. Photo modes in games have been around now a long time now, long before it was actually possible to export photo's from games and their consoles, and even if someone has implemented it in exactly the same way as a Sony game it's still an unoriginal concept that can be traced back way beyond the point you want to be giving credit to. We could even joke about how an unoriginal concept it is by saying it was just based on actual cameras before they put it in games, and that cameras were just a replacement for drawing and end up starting with cave paintings again. True innovation worth giving credit to is a rare thing, and a recent refinement in the ongoing evolution of a longstanding concept is not the same thing.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I think your reading way too much into comments made by the above poster. I'm surprised an admin hasn't pulled you on this again as you seem to bash him everytime he posts :/ He doesn't even say that Sony invented the photo mode - he simply said it is identical to Second Son (and Last of us) which is true - the photo mode process seems identical to Second son - the filters, the way it rotates and you move it (as in how it controls on the pad) it is identical. If it was a camera mode without the filters then fine - that's different, but it is pretty much identical - something I agree on and made the same comments when Last of us added the exact same camera mode as well.
It's just tit for tat TBH, you may not have seen it, and kevin will undoubtedly deny it, but there's been plenty of occasions where he's just come along and taken a snidey swipe at me for no apparent reason other than his own personal amusement. I've tried being the bigger person and ignoring him in the hope he'd disappear back under the rock he came from, but he just carries on with his little snidey digs.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
I don't deny it, even if often it'll be in response to you making a post I take issue with, but until I'm dropping into threads for the sole purpose of throwing abuse at you or calling you schoolyard names, I don't think there's really a "tit for tat" argument to be made here... which in itself is actually kind of a pathetic attitude to take here tbh. We are far beyond the point where you can play the victim here Gloria.
That's your game, isn't it? Act like a giant dick 24/7 and then act all offended when somebody calls you a dick.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
I assume "act like a giant dick" is code for "being critical of Nintendo". Yes, that certainly sounds like something I deserve every inch of abuse coming my way for.