ShopTo Gaming Podcast - Episode 30

It's time for the ShopTo Podcast Episode 30.

This week Joe and Ash talk all about this week's news and this week's upcoming games.

In addition we talk all about HD upgrades, console colours, patches, delays to games and more.

As previously mentioned, unfortunately we've had to start removing older episodes, so if you still want to listen to these then you can visit http://www.youtube.com/user/wonderwallweb where you can listen to our archived episodes.

As always we'd love to know what you think, after all this is your podcast, so the more feedback and requests you provide the better.

If you subscribe to us via iTunes then we'd love it if you could leave us a review (especially if you love us :D ).

Listen to the podcast here:

You can also download the file by clicking the download button or by clicking here.

We are also on iTunes and you can subscribe here. (The latest episode sometimes takes a while to appear).

You can also check out our Podomatic site here which has even more options for getting hold of the podcast.

Finally you can also listen via Stitcher.

Our Podcast features @_wotta, @ColinCGallacher, @Magnapop78 and @JamesGrantham26.

Follow us on twitter and send us your questions for the next episode.

Unfortunately due to space requirements we have had to start deleting old episodes, therefore Episode 1-8 are no longer available and by the looks of things we will have to delete one older episode a week.

Therefore, we have started to place our archived episodes on YouTube, allowing you to check back on older episodes. You can listen to older episodes on our YouTube Channel here.

Edited On 18 Oct, 2014

Comments
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
Come on ,with Driveclub they must have forseen it being popular with it being free on PS plus .Theres no way its a bug in the code.Sometimes you need to take of your i love PS glasses Joe .
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
I'm just going by what the developer said. Maybe it is there servers, but if so, why the patches?
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
Developers lie alot ,especially ones embarrassed delivering a game a year late .And like all game these days they need patched ,the fact is the game wasnt ready and should have been delayed again but they couldnt as it would have been the end of anyone wanting it and made them a bigger laughing stock than they already are .Any company taking peoples money then switching things off until they fix it is ridiculous.Your comments about how great the developers have been releasing patches is a bit silly too .Im no expert but a game of this magnitude and hype ,that they created around it should have had an open beta to see how it coped then they would be able to say its a beta and worked on it that way .Look at Destiny a multi plat compared to this.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Your comments re open beta are fair. I did take part in the closed beta without issue, I guess they thought that would be sufficient.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"Theres no way its a bug in the code." - Feel free to provide evidence to back this claim up.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" Developers lie alot " - Feel free to provide some evidence of Evolution lying as well.
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
After a years delay and untold embarrassment you think they are being honest about it all thats your prerogative ,personally i think your being a little naive.And after what is it now 10 days or so its still not working its a bug in the code ,its called piss poor preparation .
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
You made very specific accusation s of dishonest y. I'm simply asking for a link to your source that backs those claims up.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
"magnitude and hype" it's Driveclub, not COD. Also you can't compare Destiny and Driveclub. Destiny had a ton more money invested in it than DriveClub. People were still getting in to the game, and having the servers fail on them. If they had 'turned it off' and it was the 'game not the bug in the servers' then no one will have got in to the online portion at all. This is a gaming company, not some high school kid so being 'embaressed' isn't something they'll be even close to worrying about. After 10 days it's been allowing me in to my club everytime, so you speak like someone who doesn't even have/play the game.
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
I know Destiny has way more people playing and still works so you really cant compare ,because they prepared and tested their game properly.And because you can join your club all the time thats it all fixed now ,really ???.As for some people playing ,it looks to me like the servers couldnt handle the amount of players along with various other bugs .If you also think there not embarrassed about it ,and if they arnt then the should be ,very embarrassed .I will play it for free when the PS version is available ,i certainly wouldnt reward evolution by buying a still broken game .
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
The fact that they've had a bug in their servers, and the reason Destiny could handle everyone was because they have millions to spend on the game, and knew they'd be getting millions and millions of players. I guess GTA Online was embarassing too? They had an even bigger budget than DriveClub and still screwed up on launch. And yes, they are fixed. Leaderboards, club loading instantly. Able to get statistics etc. Only thing not working is challenges. So you aren't playing it yet have this massive problem with it? Only people who should be complaining are the people who put down the cash for it, and they should be fine with it now if they enjoyed the game. Game only has one mode locked out, the game works flawlessly outside that now.
Chris 2 years ago
No it's not working flawlessly it's not showing your carclub ranking just 3 dots.it's still throwing you out of games with failure to connect on a regular basis,more so at what you would call peak times this also increases when you try and go into games as a carclub party which often ends in 1 or more member being chucked from lobby which is annoying as you all then have to leave and search another race.it has improved over the last 48hrs but there is a lot more work to be done before it can be called flawless
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
Thats the thing ,its not just me complaining you talk like im the only person who has a problem with it .I played it at a friends and it was ok offline but anything online was horrible and Chris up above seems to confirm what i have been saying .Im not sure who /what you think you are declaring who can and cant have an opinion on a game .You may be happy but many many people arnt
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
If its that bad then sell it and move on to another game.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
@ Chris - It is working flawlessly. I've not been kicked out of anything, it shows my car club ranking for me and all my members, as well as giving us a progress update for each other. I've played it at numerous times over the past 4 days due to it actually being up and running and have never had one problem. As far as I've played, it's flawless outside of challenges.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
@ Jaijai - If you're going to roll on about a game constantly, at least make sure you have it. It'd be like me complaining about anything Titanfall even though I don't have it. You obviously don't have first hand experience with it, and the 'played it at a friends' thing only comes out when you were challenged about your experience with it. I didn't declare you couldn't have an opinion on it, but at least make sure the opinion is yours, and not something you've read from someone else.
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
WOW again with you thinking you know who and what im about ,It just goes to show however big a mess they make some people just wont hear a bad word ,your even trying to convince Chris that because yours is good his should be tooas far as he played its still broken .Ive said all i need to on it and will try it free when its released before i drop any money on it .
Chris 2 years ago
I'm sorry but i can confirm its not flawless I have put a lot of time into this over the last week and I'm already LVL 49 my other 3 club members are also over LVL 40 it has improved but all 4 of us have the same problems and you also only need to read the many comments on their Facebook page even over the last 24hr period.when I'm on my own I can get a good run of games but Sunday afternoon it was kicking me out 50% of the time even with the dreaded *not connected to driveclub servers*appearing in red on your screen which meant I spent some time having to race single events until it returned me online. On the whole this is annoying as without these problems this would have been and still could turn into a really good multiplayer(other than the idiots who just want to ram you off the road)I for one hope they get it sorted and I'm hoping of good things from the dlc which I have already purchased.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
You can look back but I was probably the biggest detractor when it was awful online. But as I've said, flawless for me and my mates at all times over the past 4 days. And I said "As far as I have played". Chris may have his own experience thats fine, considering he is level 47 Im guessing he still enjoys the game. You not having played, or experienced, the servers makes no sense on why you are so wound up on it though. Very weird.