Tuesday Chat: October 28

It's Tuesday and the launch week for both Lords of the Fallen and Sunset Overdrive. We'll have a review for both this week, along with a review for Freedom Wars. But in the meantime, we want to know which of these games you have purchased.

Also, have you finally took the plunge on a brand new PS4 or Xbox One recently or do you plan to in the future? If so which are you opting for? Do you already own a PS4 or Xbox One and are considering another?

Finally, are you looking forward to today's PS4 firmware update? What excites you the most about it?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 28 Oct, 2014

Comments
Freedom Wars for me. Also a certain well beloved game is getting a PC port, I ask everyone with even a passing interest to buy it/look into it since then we might get Valkyria Chronicles 3 over here or even another sequel
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Well, I took the plunge alright and now own both the PS4 and Xbox One and tbh, right now, Xbox One seems the better games console, no kidding! The Blue Ray player is BETTER, it has some good games right now like FH2, Ryse, KILLER INSTINCT Seasons 1&2 and Sunset + the interface seems better these days than PS4 too! It also has had the YouTube utility since the get-go! On the other hand, on PS4, I've massively invested in pinball tables and I'm getting ready to play 'Shadow Warrior', soon as me thehut order pops through the door!
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Got Freedom Wars coming which I'm looking forward to and flirting with the idea of getting Lords of the Fallen as enjoy those kinds of games, only problem is, with the games I'm still playing and others I have coming I don't think I'd have time for it. Got to say if I had an XB1 I'd be picking up Sunset Overdrive, looks great
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Might take the plunge on Sunset Overdrive been undecided for a while. I have Freedom Wars on order. Dont think there is much else left I want to get this year now. PES is the only game I am likely to get at the moment.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I've been thinking about getting an Xbox One for a while. Seen quite a few good deals but with games that I'm not that interested in. Also it seems like too much money for a console which will most likely just get used for console exclusive games. And I've got a few games coming between now and the end of the year to keep me occupied.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Already got a xbox and ps4 but the ps4 is my main console, my xbox is just for the exclusives although i have been on it more this week and even more now sun set is this week , just had my processing email :)
Sunset Overdrive has definitely got me leaning more towards Xbone than PS4 at the moment, going to need a bit more convincing before I take the plunge though, a decent price cut and at least one more exclusive that appeals to me and I'll no doubt get one. Got a few more games coming before the end of the year, Sonic Boom and Lego Batman 3 next month, and Smash Bros U in December.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I own both consoles but Xbox One is where I mainly stick to for multiplatform titles aswell. PS4 I use for the exclusives I want.For me it's not about saying one is better than the other, it's just for me I prefer the Xbox LIVE, it's where most of my friends game and I prefer the controller. I've got Sunset Overdrive pre-loaded and ready to go, I do like the look of Lords of the Fallen but it will probably be one I'll wait a while for, just so many games at the moment, more arriving soon, it's hard to find the time to play them all.
I'm really interested in Sunset Overdrive since it seems like Insomniac are finally doing what made them great again but I'll just wait for the inevitable PC release, not like I have a shortage of games to play
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Sunset Overdrive review in a bit :)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Pretty much the same here Old Timer, though I have played the PS4 a bit more now I got Samurai Warriors 4. I keep downloading the PS+ games but have not really played them much. Looking forward to Sunset Overdrive, if it was not coming out this week I would have got Lords of the Fallen but with Dragon Age soon I will hold off on another RPG. Nox I will be getting Valkyria Chronicles on the PC, it was the first game I got with my PS3.
I have been thinking about importing Valkyria Chronicles 3 but after this news I'll hold off to see what Sega plan to do with the series first
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I never played the second one as I didn't have a PSP, I was hoping it would be one of the games compatible on the Vita but unfortunately not. Fingers crossed they will bring 2 and 3 out on the PC as well.
The sales of the first one would need to be really good for them to release them on PC since the games would need to get the same kind of treatment Trails in the Sky did
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I will buy two copies then :)
If it is priced similarly to Trails or FFXIII then I will also be buying 2 and giving the extra copy away
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
You're wrong Zombie, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is available on the Vita. I bought it from the store for £9.99 about a year ago via the Vita's PSN store app. It's the psp version of course but runs on the vita
Why do Sony never release branded consoles in the west anymore? I want this http://www.destructoid.com/that-sexy-chrome-dragon-quest-ps4-is-coming-to-japan-in-december-283113.phtml?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Cheers RTLF will download that later. Though I am sure it wasn't there when the Vita was first released as I remember looking for that as well as Phantasy Star portable 2 which unfortunately still is not there.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I do like the look of that console Nox. Did the PS3 have any special edition consoles over here. I know Xbox had a few like the Gears one, Halo one and the R2D2 one but cant remember any for Sony.
I don't think the PS3 did have any. One of the things I hate about Sony in the last few years is them refusing to release anything over here that isn't Black
Excitebike track in MK8 DLC https://www.facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk/photos/pcb.720905294650874/720905117984225/?type=1&theater