PlayStation Plus content for November revealed

Sony has revealed the line up of games PlayStation Plus subscribers can expect for November, including Binding of Isaac (PS4), Steamworld Dig (PS4), Luftrausers (PS3/PS Vita), Frozen Synapse (PS3/PS Vita), Hungry Horde (PS Vita) and Escape Plan (PS Vita).

None of these may be retail titles as such, but with Binding of Isaac riding high on Metacritic with an average of 84, Steamworld Dig sitting on an average of 82 and Luftrausers also sitting around 82, these are critically acclaimed titles.

Hungry Horde meanwhile is a new PS Vita title which seems to involve growing a zombie horde. Here's a video.

Edited On 29 Oct, 2014

Comments
Still no reason to go back to PS+ yet. Binding of Isaac is a good one for people who have never played it (I'm guessing this is the remake)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Wow seems they have given up on the PS3 altogether now which is a shame. I thought they might of given away a retail game for Ps4 this month.
Heartily recommend Steamworld Dig for anyone who hasn't played it, it's a neat mix of Metroid and Boulderdash.
JOHN 2 years ago
yeah i'm with you guys, the PS4 ps+ games have been really bad, not really making me want to renew when it runs out to be honest....
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Steamworld Dig I will give a try and I would recommend that people try the Binding of Isaac, even though you could pick up the original for about 99p on steam during the sales it is still a really fun game.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Frozen Synapse looks okay - its about 18 quid at the moment on Vita (when I last looked) so thats nice. and the Hungry Horde looks fun. I thought Issac was coming out on vita and ps3 too? unless its already out for those but i've just not seen it :)
Benjamin 2 years ago
I've been busy moving house so I haven't even looked at October's offerings, so this was a good reminder. Now I just need to find my Vita and it's charger!
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 2 years ago
I almost bought Frozen Synapse the other week - so glad I waited! And SteamWorld is supposed to be good as well. PS Plus costs less than £3.50 a month so just one good game makes it worthwhile.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
If PS4 was where the Xbox ONE is, then the games would be much better, but now the PS4 is the console winner, there is not much reason for Sony to give out loads of good stuff.
Neil 2 years ago
The reason to give good stuff is to keep PS Plus subscribers. I understand that we will, eventually... hopefully! get some retail titles, but I'm tempted not to renue my subscription if it carries on this way
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
Like everything else PS4 wise at the moment ...........Perlopppp!!!!!
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
My ps plus runs out at end of the year and won't be renewing unless Sony sort it, what a joke they have become. So tempted to sell my ps4 and buy a Wii-u. I agree with inspector it's all perloppp followed by another at the mo
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Not sure why people don't think these are good games? Look at the ratings on Metacritic. They are critically acclaimed. Just because it wasn't released at retail doesn't make it a lesser title. Maybe you should try some of these games, you never know, you might actually like them. PS Plus is only £40 a year and for that you play online and get discounts and free games. I'm not sure what you want for £40? The value is amazing.
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
would people prefer it if live and psn went back to giving no freebies? just force you to pay for online with no return?
People are stupid Joe.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I am not complaining about the PS4 games I think the selection has been good the last year my problem is with the PS3 offering seems they have given up on it. If you just have a PS3 I think its pretty poor. Especially when you think a year ago you were getting 3 full retail games a month.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 2 years ago
My ps+ run out a couple of weeks ago i will renew it when i want to play a game online but i mainly play single player games and alot of these indie games you can pick up cheap in the salessony always have,i brought steamworld for about £3 the other week.
JOHN 2 years ago
I think Sony should add some better games to show off what the PS4 can actually achieve graphically instead of giving us PS3 ish looking games. the only ps+ game on PS4 that i can remember which was half decent was outlast, fair enough some of the games might get a decent rating on metacritic but it doesnt make me wanna play it just because metacritic says its good.... i'll give any game a go to be honest but when i see games that can be played on pc, ps3 i just think why bother? may as well have stuck with my ps3
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
^^^Like what?
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
Thats the problem here isnt it??? Sony have hyped this machine and the Playstation network up to much now and theyre just not delivering the goods are they??? Im not interested in Metacritic scores or reviews in general to be honest I will givemost things a go, I just picked up the unfinished swan which is really good but you look at how good Sony makes this machine on the surface and it just isnt were all paying extra for an improved PSN?? Not happened. Drive Club??? Just p1551n my self about that as that has to be the biggest joke so far and PS+ the games are dreadful and for the last couple of weeks I havent seen any PS+ discounts on new releases either last week race the sun no PS+ discount and this week Tiny Troops and Unfinished swan no PS+ discount. Keep up the good work Sony
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i'd rather the PS plus games be small time fillers - like they are. I'd rather have a games that will last about 8-10 hours and take up less than a Gig. I have about 25 PS4 retail games now and i'm constantly deleting them to make room as you can't play without the Mandatory install yet I have a few retail digital games like Thief which are over 20GB that I don't want to delete as it means re-downloading the full amount when I want to play. Plus, how many years were the Xbox 360 and PS3 out for before they started offering free retail games? 4/5 years? With the PS4 people shouldn't expect full on retail games yet, the PSN subscription is for playing online with bonus games as a GOGW.
JOHN 2 years ago
yeah fair comments from you guys above Turniplord and inspector 74. I just like to see peoples opinions as well to see what other people views are on things like PS+, Xbox Gold etc... value for money? or short changed?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i'm from the generation of paying 35-40 quid a year for Xbox live from day one and getting nothing but the privilege of playing online - no deals, no discounts, no extra freebies, just online. Then I moved to PC gaming then came back to the PS4 earlier this year. So i'm used to paying yearly for an online service and the extras are a bonus. I've probably saved more than the PSN subscription in the 10-15% discounts they have gave on various games - plus a crimbo sale will be up soon i'm guessing. The gaming generation of today have been too spoiled on getting a lot for very little so they don't like it when things start to revert back a little bit to how it used to be. I just see it as paying for online with a 'games rental' service thrown in for about 35 quid a year. (I've recently got a Vita too though so the amount of games I've got for free from Feb is crazy!)
JOHN 2 years ago
I enjoyed the games they offered on the ps3 and vita to be honest, played some games i never got the chance to play and wouldnt normally go out and buy. just dont think the ps4 ps+ games have been a high enough standard/quality as of yet (in my view). they do have the odd bargain on ps+ and like yourself am waiting for the xmas sale to start on psn, just hope they are not over priced.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Xbox Live Gold has always offered some benefits from the start than just subscribing to online play, with certain demos being only available to Gold members to begin with. PS3 never needed a subscription to play online, that is why Sony offered up plenty of free gaming goodness to get people to subscribe, and I only ended up subscribing to it a few months ago with Dead Space 3, Lego Batman 2 for PS3 and Strider on PS4. They should still offer better PS3 games for free, even if it is the same ones they already offered, so people who joined late could pick them up. This month in Oct has been the best yet for Xbox Live Gold on Xbox 360 with 2 full retail games, Battlefield Bad company 2 and darksiders 2. All previous months has been 1 retail game and 1 arcade game, or 2 arcade games. If Xbox Live Gold stopped doing free games then it would not matter, as sub to the service to play online games with my friends of Xbox 360 and Xbox ONE, but subbing to PS+ without decent games is a waste as I have no friends on PS3/PS4 to play online with (although that could change), and mainly subscribing for the free games, and when there are no decent ones especially on PS3 then it makes it not worthwhile. I am not worried about PS4 games, but it is a let down when there were like 3-5 full retail PS3 games per month, about a year or so ago, when I was not subscribing, now there are none, when I am now subscribing to it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
but if they start giving you games which have been on ps Plus before then you konw what will happen - people who have been subscribed to it for a long time will start complaining because they are offering games which they have already got so they are not benefiting from it. It would be better if each month you could pick a new or old pack and you either got games that have already been given to people or new ones (not both) that way you can pick what you get in a way :) also I don't remember and XBLive bonuses when I was with them. I think one year I got 'the Maw' for free for buying a year subscription, but throughout the year I got nothing (i was with them from 2006/7 - 2012)
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
so your solution to not getting any good games on psplus is to give out ones we've already given. what about the gamers that have had a psplus subscription since it started? subscribing only for the free games is daft unless you play absolutely everything. interesting that you consider access to demos a perk of paying 40 a year for live. stop being silly now.
Xbox Live Gold didn't have any freebies for years, the best they gave was demo's a week earlier than those on Silver got. Anthony is talking out of his arse as usual.
Andrew 2 years ago
another poor showing
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
What is better, what they gave now, or what they gave now PLUS a game they already gave out. I am not suggesting ONLY giving out games previously given or in replace of new games, but giving them out as extra on top of what is already given.The chances of people buying a game they already gave are slimmer than those not yet given free, so they have not much to lose, by doing an encore sale. Steam do it on the last day of the BIG sales, and many games keep getting repeated in the sales over and over.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
When Vikings attack, or should i say when zombies attack, pretty much the samegame but with zombies, kids will love it