Thursday Chat: October 30

It's Thursday. So what are you up to? Are you playing any of this week's new releases or are you still waiting on your new game to show up?

We've been checking out Sunset Overdrive, Lords of the Fallen (review today), Freedom Wars (review soon) and also Halo: The Masterchief Edition (more on this soon) ahead of their release. Hopefully this weekend we'll also be checking out Advanced Warfare in order to get our review to you in time for launch.

So what about you? Have you ordered any of these games?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 30 Oct, 2014

Comments
No new games for me this week, still replaying through Bayonetta 2 for collectibles/unlockables and still have Bayonetta to play through yet.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 2 years ago
I am thinking about getting freedom wars but not sure if it is my type of game or not.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Just received a Evolve Beta key - wasn't expecting one, so thats nice - redeemed and starts this Friday supposedly. I bought Walking dead 2 on Vita the other day as i've not played number 2 yet and the PS4 version is way too overpriced. my next major purchase is Assassin creed from Ubishop. was thinking aobut freedom wars though - from PSN as its cheaper than physical - which is rare these days!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Postie has just dropped off sunset over drive so just going to jump on that , not had any codes for the shop to dlc yet though will they get sent on fri
Games for November are Tears to Tiara II, Tales of Hearts, All-Star Rumble, & Project Diva. That reminds me I was going to replay the first Tears to Tiara, I'm gonaa need to get on that
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Really impressed with sun set so far so colourful and a great fun game once you learn how to move about its so much fun grinding and swinging off things , reminds me of a mix between dead rising 3 and jet set radio with how many ememys on screen at once lol
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Vita has a few new apps for free in the appstore - can now watch PS4 streams (like the app on the PS4) and has a media server app so you can watch/listen to anyhtign on a valid media server in your house - nice little additions. I may re-order FC4 this weekend. Its looking pretty good
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Just got Senran Kagura Let's Get Physical edition delivered. Been playing through it and LOVE it!!!!!!! The Gessen school characters are exactly my type :)!!! The crude humour is a tad OTT though! Just bought Battlefield 4 too on PSN as it was being discounted. It's fab too; verily, it plays like a PC edition (textures, lighting, gunfire, driving sequences etc.), I'm sure! Liked it so much, I pre-ordered Battlefield Hardline. Although, I sure hope EA releases a REAL deluxe edition of the game; it deserves one!!
Some Amiibo's are going to be limited runs. http://www.gonintendo.com/s/240618-some-amiibo-to-be-sold-as-limited-time-offers-says-iwata And preloading coming to Wii U for the launch of Smash Bros. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-gets-pre-loading-with-smash-bros/1100-6423268/
Adam 2 years ago
Looking forward to sunset overdrive had it on preorder since last week then halo and assassins creed
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 2 years ago
Finished Ryse last weekend, traded that and shadow fall in for sleeping dogs definitive. Also bought Castlestorm definitive from PSN, worth a look at because its well made and quite fun. Got cod day 0 edition on preorder, will run through the campaign, and have a few goes on multiplayer, then borrow it my friend when Halo MCC arrives.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I'm currently just plodding through the Walking Dead season 1 & 2, I manage to get a Evole alpha code from some nice random person over on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2kpdfa/evolve_code_megathread/ played a few games already and i'm not too sure about it to be honest, just seems like a 3rd co op game type thats usually included with a main game such as Extinction in COD Ghosts, Zombies within COD Black Ops 1 & 2 or Horde mode in Gears of War 2 & 3, I'm just not conviced that they can make a full game out of something that just feels like a 3rd game type so i most probably wont buy it and I'm not getting COD AW as i will be far to busy playing Halo MCC instead but if Halo wasn't coming out then i would buy COD AW as pubstomping is a ton of fun
I haven't got a Vita yet so I can't judge myself but apparently the Freedom Wars localization is kinda bad https://twitter.com/dizzy_ziddy/status/527873672015380480
Amiibo sildeshow. Looks like I am going nowhere near Marth or Link as they look terrible. Pikachu & Fox look great
Happy with the look of all the ones I've ordered, DK especially. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtopXcuuXU
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
It's just let me kick out a person on my Assassins creed pre-order Unite program (been asking to do this for months as someone joined and never redeemed their code) so I have 1 place left - anyone here pre-ordered and got a code they want to register? I have 3 people in the team so far so the 4th means we all get all the pre-order dlc, the extra weapons, levels, missions and soundtrack and comic. think you jus tgo to this link and you can searhc for Turniplord (my team name) http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-gb/assassinscreed-unity/unite-program/index.aspx
Valkyria Chronicles is now up for Pre-order on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/ GMG also have it for 10% off and then an additional 20% off if you their code
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Steam Halloween sale has begun - mostly crap or stuff I already have - something that jumped out at me through - Evil within SEASON PASS half price - down to £7.49.... The season pass is half price BEFORE any DLC has even come out for it? Thats pretty stupid and if I had bought it i would be complaining to Steam right now - 2 weeks its been out and its already half price. People have basically paid double and recieve nothing so far - must be some kind of law for that? I know it breaks our consumer law in the UK as they have not received any good and its now cheaper
I also thought that was stupid. Surprised that no one is complaining on the Steam forums
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
unless they are deleting them.... Just looked on USA PS4 account (may have to finally get a PSN credit and top it up!) they have Escape Goat 2, Home (at £1.86!) and Costume Quest 2 all live for purchase. And all much cheaper than they will be over here - plus there is psn discounts or more things than the UK ones. May have to link my console up later and take a proper look
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
don't know if costume quest 2 is worth it hough - its just came out and its already half price on Steam for the PC - so i'm guessing it will be in the next sale from PSN anyway
Costume Quest 2 has been out for about 3 weeks on Steam so having it 50% off already is a huge slap in the face for people who bought it on release