DriveClub fans get a message from Shuhei Yoshida as PS + Edition is 'postponed until further notice'

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has took to the game's official Facebook page in order to issue an apology.

Speaking on the site, Yoshida said, "Hi everyone, I wanted to provide you with the latest update on DriveClub. Unfortunately, the road to launch has been a little rocky, and we are truly sorry that so many of you have not been able to enjoy everything that we had hoped DriveClub would deliver.

"We have been listening to your feedback and realise that patience understandably is running out. Evo is working around the clock to close the gap, and we have deployed additional engineering resources to help resolve the remaining issues as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the time frames required to roll out the fully connected experience will be longer than anticipated and we do not have an exact time frame for when they will be resolved. We will continue to update you on progress and you can find the latest info on the DriveClub Facebook page.

"We are also very conscious that we have disappointed so many of you who were looking forward to playing the promised PS Plus Edition. Our first priority is to provide you with the best possible experience while playing DriveClub. With the high volume of new players and additional server load the PS Plus Edition is anticipated to bring, we are currently not confident that we can guarantee the best online experience. Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice.

"On behalf of WWS we are enormously grateful for your patience and we thank you for the continued support and encouragement. Again, we sincerely apologise for the delay. We are committed to giving you the best racing experience on PS4 – it’s taking a little longer than we hoped."

It comes to something when the boss of worldwide studios has to come out and issue an apology, but it seems Sony are firmly on the case, so hopefully it won't be long before things are up and running fully.

Our recent tests on the DriveClub servers show that connecting is generally pretty easy, although there are still some issues in that not every feature is switched on.

Edited On 30 Oct, 2014

Comments
Chris 2 years ago
The game is running a lot smoother but still seems to have the kicking from lobby issues during peak times,will be giving this a break as I have completed the offline and maxed out most of the accolades just waiting for the challenges to be put into the game so I can complete the 3 remaining trophies for platinum.just got email code for evolve alpha for the next 3 days then it's COD
Gatatog's avatar
Gatatog 2 years ago
"The road to launch has been a little rocky". I'm sorry but it isn't the "road to launch" when the game has been out and available to buy for 3 weeks - the "road to launch" was the 10 months it had been delayed after the PS4s release. I understand games having launch issues, and we've seen enough titles experience such things in the past, but the problems with Driveclub are ones that should have been seen long before it was given the go ahead to be put on shelves and sold as a full price game. Unfortunately I'm one of the people who bought on release (albeit with a PS+ discount on the digital upgrade) and I quickly got bored of the game when it didn't deliver any of it's supposedly special features. Now it's been sitting on my PS4 for 2 weeks (since I last played) and no matter how much I like Sony, I can't help feeling like they rushed out a game with a broken online aspect just to capitalise on the few people who hadn't already given up waiting.
lukas83's avatar
lukas83 2 years ago
Absolutely agree James couldn't of put it any better. We have to put a stop to this purposely releasing broken games to keep share holders happy over the customers that are paying for broken products at increased rates who are unable to return the products they were sold on false promises and information. It's illegal in any other industry why is the gaming industry any different!
jaijai's avatar
jaijai 2 years ago
LOL The road to launch has been a little rocky Every one stand back ,nothing to see here just a few bugs in the code ,so much for a "Few bugs in the code " Remember that bullshit Joe ? Im so glad i didnt put any money down on this ,if i had i would be demanding a refund .Evolutions reputation is now flushed down the shitter ,who would buy any game of theirs in the future until its released and working properly
ANTHONY 2 years ago
I think the single worse aspect of all this is sony uk complete lack of customer care not replying to emails in fact rejecting them even! ignoring facebook requests. i will not buy another digital game after this debacle as if i had purchased a disc version at least i could have sold it on to get some of my money back. i feel very letdown over whole issue even to the point of knocking my ps4 on the head and selling it as i dont trust sony at all any more if this is the best next gen can do i think im going back to my ps3 and xbox 360
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Actually, I'd still consider getting Evolution Studios' 'Motorstorm' for PS4, if it were to ever get made. I came into this with high expectations round visual output and vehicle handling and was rather non-committal round online. Visuals are nice of the Scottish and Tamil Nadu, India tracks. Handling is o.k. in some spots, terrible in others and interesting on some points too (some of the vehicles handle tightly and a bit, I suppose as their real world counterparts might; I don't mind the ingame penalty system, I mean, it sometimes kicks in when I'd be slowing down to take a corner anyway; some of the vehicles do skid off the road too easily, though!). Online has been abysmal though! I wouldn't mind if Sony and Evolution were to give (or made to give) everyone who purchased it on or around launch a complimentary Season pass; what says you lot?!! ”
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
i.e. gave a Season pass away as a perk of even having Playstation+. I am sorry but till now I do not see any perks of owning a Playstation+ subscription for the PS4. The games they give away each month have been lousy till now and at this rate I shan't be using the online features till February 2015 (hinthint: 'Dead or Alive 5 Final Round') as there aren't any decent scrappers to take online on the PS4 Console! As for the lowdown on DOA5FinalRound; TECMO WILL be releasing more costumes DLC. #@:$#@!! Honestly, after that piece of info I have a good mind to cancel my existing pre-orders on a rival site :)!!
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
One word Perlopp!!!!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Which means what exactly? Are you referring to the facial cream? It must mean something as you follow it up with quadruple exclamation marks, no less!! ! !!
ade0410's avatar
ade0410 2 years ago
I tried this again last night for what turned out to be the final time. The handling is suspect, the AI is atrocious, and every else is so poor. The frustration reached fever pitch and for the first time in my gaming life, I ejected the disc and snapped it in two and destroyed the box before throwing in the bin and deleting from my PS4 forever. What a complete abortion of a game and they keep feeding us BS to try and placate the people that spent money on this. When you have Horizon 2 and Forza 5 why would I, or anyone, have to settle for this garbage?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
You know instead of snapping it you could have taken it back to the shop and got a full refund as you had technically bought a faulty product.
ROB 2 years ago
What a joke of a game. 1. Can't get online 2. Can't use club 3. No replays 4. No dynamic weather 5. Sound effects are dreadful ( tyre screeching sounds like super hang on from the 80's ) 6. No upgrading or tuning of cars. 6. Only European cars. 7. Can't download promised pre order super cars ( just get error message ) 8. Can't get refund on digital download, Sony should be ashamed of themselves for letting this on there machine, oh and evolution studios if you want to see how to make a racing game take some tips from Forza Horizon 2 on X box one, that is how it's done !!!!