Friday Chat: October 31

So, What are you plans for the weekend? Trick or Treating, partying? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Is it party time or sleep time? Are you going for a Halloween theme weekend?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 31 Oct, 2014

Comments
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Has anyone imported from Play Asia before? I'm importing a New Nintendo 3DS XL and I want to avoid customs. I emailed them and they're willing to write half of the value on the invoice. But if I did this and customs didn't believe the value what would happen? Do I just pay the customs charge then? Is it still worth getting Play Asia to mark down the value?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
once ive got back from taking my son trick or treating, so no locking your doors you miserable adults pmsl, Ill be on the Evolve Alpha, pre downloaded it last night ready
joe 2 years ago
Spear at the end of the day custom fees are there for a reason so suck it up and pay them. Asking someone how to dodge custom fees is basically like asking someone how to dodge taxes.
I've ordered from Play Asia a few times in the past, never got hit with custom charges. Going out with friends for drinks tonight for Halloween, gaming wise will be more Bayonetta over the weekend, and finishing off Evil Within.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Customs is hit and miss last thing I ordered from there got caught but other things have come through fine with no charges. Asking them to reduce the value on the customs label is breaking the law but no idea what happens if it is caught by customs.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 2 years ago
@spear i get a lot of records from the america and i could spend like $70 and they just write on the customs form $5. And i have never had any problems.
joe 2 years ago
The biggest piece of news for me which is sort of gaming related this week has been YouTube adding 60fps support. It is about time.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Be mainly on sunset overdrive and some destiny if i can find the time , want to go back and play the old assassins creed games for some reason lol
Smash Bros release date has been brought forward a week to 28/11/2014
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Cheers for the advice. I'm just going to take my chances with it. @Gloria that's great about Smash Bros.
Yep, and to think that there were some negative nancy's who thought it would be delayed till next year.
Always expect to be hit by customs
As I have said before I'm fine with paying customs, it's the stupid "handling" charge I hate
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
I will be playing evil within today for halloween, and any other horror based games. Also will watch the excorcist, if I can find it to steam somewhere, or carry on watching american horror show, I am currently on season 2.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i got a cd from USA - £12.00 it was - customs was about £16 to get them! so annoying. i'm off to watch Ouija, Horns and badadook at cinema later (got cineworld unlimited card) and this weekend i'm re-installing windows and all my apps :) (got a 160 gig ssd from CEX for 30 quid! - works perfectly)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Well have the choice of Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Bayonetta 2 and Evolve alpha so lots to choose from.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Tiny Trooper has just been discounted on PSN (wasn't when it came out the other day so feel sorry for people who paid 1.00 more!) - it states - This Cross-Buy product entitles you to download PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 versions. - not out on PS4 though - do you recon if I buy for my Vita then I will get the PS4 free when it comes out?