Xbox One owners suffering from Advanced Warfare install issues

Xbox One owners seem to be having issues downloading Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, while some with the disc are also having issues installing the title.

Multiple users on Reddit report that Advanced Warfare pre-load on Xbox One is suffering from multiple issues, while our own Colin says that he's had a few issues install from disc, having to try multiple times in order to install the game.

Microsoft has acknowledged the issues in an update on its status page, and advises those suffering to delete any installed data and try again.

Edited On 03 Nov, 2014

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
lets hope the very small 20GB day one mandatory patch for Halo doesn't fail to install half way downloaded and corrupts itself causing a re-download over and over. That will annoy one or two people :P
Hallix's avatar
Hallix 2 years ago
pretty fed up myself, managed to get the Day One issue, but have spent several hours trying to install game. All to no avail. My friend said that he turned his internet connection off and re-installed, but for me it then refused to load at all
Hallix's avatar
Hallix 2 years ago
I should add that it was the xbox one version on disc !!! Phooey.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
@Hallix, If you havnt got it working yet then just go to my games and apps and deleted COD AW then disconnect from Xbox live and install the game, this is what i always do now as its just better, For myself i just unplug the Ethernet cable from my Xbox one before i install as disc as it installs games a hell of a lot faster and once its fully installed i just pop the Ethernet cable back in and it automatically connects back to Xbox live then i just go to play the game and usually there is an update which i just download, then it works fine, ever since i stated installing disc based games offline while not connected to Xbox live i have had no problems at all and i now suggest this method to friends and other people as i am doing now because it really does help a lot.
Hallix's avatar
Hallix 2 years ago
Thanks for the info Danny, will give it try ASAP, fingers crossed. Just polishing off my Fish Finger sandwiches first.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
No problem, let me know if this works for you.
Hallix's avatar
Hallix 2 years ago
GREAT NEWS ,managed finally to install COD AW . Had to disable my wireless connection and delete earlier attempts, as Danny 936 above suggested. And ,yes, I too am part of the xbox one preview update malarkey !! PS. the game does look very good , a bit Haloish though, spooky !!
taggy san's avatar
taggy san 2 years ago
i started installing mine and it was only at 7% in an hour and half were lots of mates said it took 30 mins to complete what is this all about