Tuesday Chat: November 4

It's Tuesday and the official launch day for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

So have you picked the game up or are you saving your cash for some of this month's other new releases, such as Halo Master Chief Edition; Assassin's Creed; PES 2015; LEGO Batman 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Edited On 04 Nov, 2014

Comments
joe 2 years ago
I haven't got call of duty yet but I will be picking it up soon. Interms of this months pre orders I have pes2015 pre ordered. With the recent stunts ubisoft have pulled with the whole "30fps is more cinematic" I won't be touching assassins creed
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
I was one of the lucky few to get my advanced warfare Saturday, the plan was to play through story then trade for new halo. But this game has blow me away, it's so good! Great gameplay, online is best in years New survival mode is top notch with 13 maps. The graphics are the best I've seen on the xbox one. Some of it looks so real and story ain't too bad either. My only problem now is how do I pay for new halo and what to remove from hard drive to make way for the 65 gig needed. Also got a crew beta key coming thur. I'm thinking of selling my ps4 but don't really want too even if I hardly use it. Most of my friends play on xbox one. Have a great day everyone!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I have DA and AC on pre-order (DA here, AC with Ubishop) - got the Crew on PS4 - goign to see if its better than the PC Beta (see how many people complain you can't go about level 10 this time :P) - Also tried to get into Evolve on PS4 last night (as supposedly went live) - i was in a queue for over 20 mins 4 times before I gave up and deleted. Couldn't get into 1 game! so instead I just started playing YS on Vita (new rental)
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
I managed to play evolve Monday for 30 mins before I gave up and deleted, this game needs so much improving as not much too it.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Finished the Call of Duty campaign this morning, actually thought it was really good. Played 3 MP matches and that was enough to know it isn't for me! Got an email today saying I've got into the next The Crew beta, hopefully this one will impress me more than the last otherwise my pre-order is being cancelled. Halo MCC collection 1 week away, going to be a long 7 days :( Cannot wait for Dragon Age ( glad I get to try it out early ) and Assassins Creed, Far Cry 4 etc, going back onto Sunset Overdrive today, one of the most fun games I've played in years! Going to be a busy run up to Christmas games wise!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
PES is the only game I am really considering at the moment never really got into any of the other franchises on that list. The Evolve alpha was buggy on the xbox one on the weekend matchmaking did drag. And wasnt to impressed with the game itself didnt seem much to it
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Finished the campaign on call of duty last night and though it was the best campaign since call of duty modern warfare. I want to get Halo MCC but because I've got a busy month of pre orders I might not be able to get it on release day.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Really looking forward to PES, gonna have a PES boys night round mine on the 14th :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Have you played the demo Rich? I must admit I found it hard to get used to lost most games I played.
Not touching CoD, don't care if it is good, the genre bores me senseless. My preorders for the month are Lego Batman 3, Sonic Boom and Smash Bros.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Not that interested in Call of Duty, really. Just looked at Shopto's 'Conan O'Brien's' footage of it & it doesn't seem all that great to me. Just bought 'Battlefield' for PS4 on the PSN, and, to-be-fair, I'd say I'm more of an EA'S 'Battlefield' kinda guy :)! The military action just seems more gripping and true-to-life! Must say though, not enough good-looking White male characters in these games of late; what are some of these characters ethnically?! I mean, in the opening campaign, I felt a bit sorry for losing Hawkins. Besides, I don't like the sound of a series where its letters could also be used to spell 'C$sh on D$livery', sounds to me as if they know they're milking their punters :)! Got 'the Crew' on Amaz0n pre-order as the incentive seemed o.k.; just see how the Beta goes before I decide to truly get it or not! Personally, I'm waiting for 2015 now to play some of my pre-orders such as Saints Row Re-elected, Dead or Alive 5 Final Round Xbox One, Raven's Cry Treasure Chest, The Witcher III and Senran Kagura PS4 :)!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Ooh, and can't wait to play 'Battlefield:Hardline' in 2015; will only pre-order it though if it comes with a collectible military SUV and White male or female figurine and Season pass:)!
Tbh I am kinda interested in playing the new COD but I doubt I will get the chance since Acti pretty much never discount their games on PC. £10 is how much I am willing to pay for the single player
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I wouldn't worry about it Adam, every demo I've played of a PES game has almost put me off getting a game I went on to really enjoy. I usually lose the first few games and It's usually down to some new intricacies they've added to the gameplay which we don't know about yet(like the timing of a button press to control a pass for example), does the demo have a training mode? Haven't tried it yet myself but might give it a go on the weekend
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I dont think there was a training mode think it was just a match with a handfull of teams mainly Spanish teams no English teams. One thing I didnt like was how realistic it was with shadows of stadiums on the pitch as there were certain areas of the pitch I couldnt work out what was going on as it was in shadow.
Now I am really interested in Advanced Warfare after watching the new WTF is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06xIb1Q_nD8
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
If it turns out to be a problem they'll surely patch it... failing that you can turn up the brightness on your TV set a little or choose to play night matches :P Speaking of which, my mate had 2014 on ps3 and it had a brightness setting in the options (in the "theme settings" if I remember) so presuming this one will too
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
just been send Walking Dead Season one (PS4) by my rental company - will be going back in a few days hopefully for season 2 (didn't want to buy these as they are only a 1 play event for me)
joe 2 years ago
Boomerang by any chance turnip?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I'm going to give Boomerang a chance and rent Sunset Overdrive from them at some point.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Possibly :p really impressed so far. I can't afford to spend 2-300 a month on games anymore (which I have been doing :/) haha. So I'll rent single play games and just buy biggies like dw 8 empires, bladestorm, dragon age, ac, smash bros, pokemon, tales r and gta 5. So I still have a few orders on the go. Saying that though, my first rental was Lego hobbit on ps4, 38 hours to get a platinum! That would have been worth the 13ish u can buy it for.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
If u do sign up, in the first 3 weeks (where it's free and can cancel whenever) you can't have games less than 3 months old. Can only access them when u are paying. I'm gonna use it as a 'demo' service. If I play a game and see a few weeks enjoyment or a good online mode then I'll buy it from here or them.