PlayStation Plus for November/December *update*

Update: Sony has confirmed the rest of the PlayStation Plus content for December, with subscribers able to download PS3 versions of the Hitman Trilogy HD and cult hit Deadly Premonition.

On PS Vita you can grab a free download of tower defence title Final Horizon.

These offerings are in addition to the already-confirmed PS4 games Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos.

Original: Sony has revealed the line up of games PlayStation Plus subscribers can expect for November, including Binding of Isaac (PS4), Steamworld Dig (PS4), Luftrausers (PS3/PS Vita), Frozen Synapse (PS3/PS Vita), Hungry Horde (PS Vita) and Escape Plan (PS Vita).

None of these may be retail titles as such, but with Binding of Isaac riding high on Metacritic with an average of 84, Steamworld Dig sitting on an average of 82 and Luftrausers also sitting around 82, these are critically acclaimed titles.

Hungry Horde meanwhile is a new PS Vita title which seems to involve growing a zombie horde.

In addition, Sony has revealed that in December it'll be adding Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition to PS4 (the first Blu-ray title to be added to the service for PS4) and
Secret Ponchos.

The in January, Sony will add inFAMOUS: First Light and The Swapper for PS4.

More is to be confirmed for December and January and Sony will also add DriveClub PS Plus Edition once it's ready to be released.

Here's a video.

Edited On 26 Nov, 2014

Comments
Neil 2 years ago
No retail titles again... Oh wait we get Injustice in December!!! Oh wait, Injustice?... PS Plus not renewed
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Would recommend the 3 games in there that have been released to anyone that hasn't played them. Got Injustice on PS3 but wouldn't mind it on PS4. Infamous is class, Fetch is a great character and the arcade is also great afterwards. The Swapper is just difficult but fun. Loking forward to Secret Ponchos. @Neil - Infamous: FL is also a retail game, like.
You're getting Binding of Isaac: Rebirth & Steamworld Dig. Those two titles right there are better than a lot of the retail games you want so badly
Neil 2 years ago
They may be good games but I had a SNES through the entire 90's, personally I'm wanting games that push the system, I'm sure this mass load of 'creative' and 'trendy' game explosion didn't exist throughout PS1, 2 or 3, where has it all generated from? I'm not oppose to people's efforts but I do feel indie games in general have taken 4 steps backwards in terms of innovation and progression and people give far too much undeserved praise for their 'niche' interests in them
They sure as hell have more innovation and progression than most AAA games nowadays. Though I do agree than a lot of Indies that make it to console are taking steps backwards
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
Focus less on how a game looks and more on how it plays. support these makers because tomorrow they might be making the huge retail games you hold in such high regard. play station are obviously doing it to get a little faith back. but dam if they ain't decent offerings
This ^^^^
Neil 2 years ago
Derek, don't get me wrong, I appreciate some of the designers efforts but it seems to me there's a lot of gold which is simply buried under this mass of a shitstorm because every indie developer is jumping on the bandwagon and producing such a mass of unplayable timewaste I do focus on how a game plays, but when 98% of these games play like a broken record how can I feel any other way I'm simply fed up with this wood for the trees business and all the undeserved praise when these games are just becoming cliche...
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
that can all be said about aaa to
Neil 2 years ago
It can, but while 90% of games are indie, they are my biggest problem, if AAA games were that 90 they would be my target also
Sure there has been lot of crap indie releases but that can also be said for games in general.
For every Dust, Amnesia: TDD, One Finger Death Punch, & Cave Story there are games like Afterfall: Insanity, Ravensword, Deadly Sins, Ethan, & Finding Teddy. While the latter games aren't bad they aren't that good either
squarewindow's avatar
squarewindow 2 years ago
Injustice PS4 was on sale on PSN for £7.99 a couple of months back. Poor show really.
joe 2 years ago
Squishy the suicidal pig.. what a game.. £2.74 need i say more about these indie games..
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
First Light is actually pretty cool Fetch is a much better character than that nobber cole from the second son, sony are consistently wank at the moment arent they dont think im gonnna renew my plus subscription I mean every game i either have or just looks utter shit!!!!PS4 more like PS Phwoar!!! and thats as in the foul odour of a stale arse!!!!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
and everyone is complaining again - do people not like getting things for free anymore? They have to be the latest games for free otherwise you're not happy? If I had just made a AAA title in the last 12 months I would NOT release it as a free PS Plus title. Not when people are still buying it in the shops. The Devs and Publishers lose out as I imagine the percentage they get for it being on PS Plus is a hell of a lot lower than their percentage selling it in a shop/on PSN. I can see why they have done this though - its Christmas soon, get a PS4 and here are the games you will have for free on your new console if you get PS Plus. Not bad - plus will stop all the annoying and pointless 'Guess the PS Plus' threads on other sites (they are so stupid, why guess about something that could literally be anything!)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
That being said - I don't like the 'new' injustice - got the original on Wii U which is great - everything locked you play to unlock. The re-release with all DLC has everything unlocked from the start, so apart from trophies, there is no need to work on unlocking things - which to me made it get boring fast on the pc. Will give this one a shot though as I guess there is the trophies to work towards :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
People moan when its indie games and then moan when retail games hit PS Plus. Just cant win with gamers. I think gamers just like to moan for the sake of it.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 2 years ago
The thing is you won't please everyone i have first light and don't care about injustice. Getting onto indies i don't mind some i just feel we are getting to many of them in general not just on ps+.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 2 years ago
Also another thing is i don't get if i want a game i buy it, don't get me wrong im not super rich but i can buy a game every couple of months. And i don't get people who have ps+ waiting for a certain game to be on it, if you want it that bad buy it.
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
Turniplord I would just like to point out that ps plus is not free, it's £35 per year. Drive club was originally meant to be a complete free game, then it was a big demo and now its been delayed. I don't think we will ever see it. I own both xbix one and ps4 but ps4 never gets used.
Since you now need PS+ to play online the games are considered free, & who pays £35?
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Oh Give your head a wobble MrG, show me the proof that "Drive club was originally meant to be a complete free game"... you've said this before here and it's BS. Ever since Sony announced it at E3 in 2013 they specified PS+ subscribers would get the "ps plus edition". Here's an article from June 2013 with more specifics: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/e3_2013_what_do_you_get_in_the_ps_plus_version_of_driveclub
Why would Sony give away retail games when they are still selling them at £20 a pop? (Talking bout Knack and Killzone)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
MrG if you really wanna play Drive club then just buy it of eBay.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
You're missing the point Danny, he isn't saying whether he wants to play DC or not. The issue is he's making a misinformed comment which sounds like it's straight out of the xboy fanboy handbook
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Xbox fanboy handbook? are you saying that xbox owners make misinformed comments? if you are then why? coz to me that just seems dam right childish!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
the £~35 a year is for the online aspect - games are a free bonus. if your paying for the games then thats the problem - just save the money and buy the games you want..... I have Second son: first light too - but i bought it on day one cos I wanted it and never expected it to be free. My bonus is I got to play it without having to wait to see if it was made free.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Danny you need to read people's comments a bit more concisely. There's a fundamental difference between the terms "xbox fanboy" and "xbox owner". The comment MrG made which I touched on was a misinformed one as it is incorrect.... It seems you've read my comment then added 2 and 2 together and made 5...
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Turniplord, i could not agree more with you, personally i have paid for Xbox live gold every year for the past 6 years never expecting anything in return other then being able to play online and talk to other people and then a few years ago random games started to appear and now everyone is so obsessed with what there free games are going to be for the following month and forgetting that theses are just bonuses/incentives, I mean how can people expect free AAA games on basically works out as £3 a month subscription? Okay fair enough with the PS3 and Xbox 360 they did hand out AAA games but only after they had been out for 3+ years which the PS4 and Xbox one have not, i don't expect to see a AAA game on the Xbox One till at least 2016 but that dose not bother me as i don't have Xbox live gold for free games, i have it to be able to play online and to chat to friends in party chat.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I dont really care about whats released on ps plus I see it all as a bonus, the big games I want I buy them, if in the future they become free then great, ill download and sell the retail disk, but my kids are young so they find indie games far more playable, so I bought them both a vita, the PS3 is upstairs, PS4 downstairs, so I get massive savings for my 35 quid
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I wholly dont expect to start seeing the bigger titles till 2nd quarter 2015 or a little later
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Danny, I think the main problem is that for a while PS3 and even Vita owners were getting plenty AAA games with ps plus (some even less than a year old!) and now they expect to keep getting that. Typical of human nature that instead of being thankful for some of the high quality games they got for next to nothing in the past that instead they just *expect* more more more... Starting to wonder now if Sony or MS will ever offer *recent* AAA games for free again considering it only seems to breed expectancy & greed in their customers as opposed to gaining their favour
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
That's the same with most thing's tho really, people always want more.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Injustice is 7.99 when ON SALE and we are getting it on our 3.33 p/month subscription?! Hail Mother Sony
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Some people are getting a bit emotional. Wether you like them or not it is still a free game you are getting every month.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I have not enjoyed many free AAA games as only signed up a few months ago on the strength of the past AAA titles, now they suck you in with it all, and then yank it away. 3-5 AAA titles each month and now none, and not sure about Binding of Issaac as had many opportunities to buy that in Steam sales for next to nothing. I will not be downloading any of these PS3 free games this month. If I was subbed from the beginning I would be happy with what I got, but now I am not happy with what Sony are giving out on the PS3, and the PS+ has not been worth it so far, but if I was subbed to it last year, even paying 3-5 times the cost of the PS+ fee, it would have been well worth it. The reason I never subbed sooner is that I thought the quality would die off, but it didn't, until I subbed. The Games with Gold games are free as I sub to the service for more than the free games, but with PS+ I am only subbing to that to get the free AAA PS3 games, so they are not free, plus you need to keep subbing to play them. PS3 also does not need a sub for online gaming. If they keep dishing out these kind of games that I do not want, then I will not be renewing my PS+ sub next year. If I was subbed last year I would still stay subbed next year due to many of those games would still need playing as there were more games I wanted dished out than time to play them. If MS stop giving out free games altogether I would still keep subbing, even if I can play the games without subbing, as I sub to that for more than the free games. AAA titles are needed more so, as it will be more cost effective just to buy indies from STEAM sales. Also MS seem to have ditched the indies on Xbox 360 and just giving out AAA titles, so their quality of freebies are getting better, last month was Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Darksiders 2, this month is Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise and Red Faction Guerilla. I guess Sony are cutting back on the awesome game as they are now the console leaders and no longer need to impress, and get back some money.
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
2 questions. would anyone buy plus without something free? would Xbox give any free stuff if plus wasn't sucessful with it? both answers are no. this is business 101. noone is looking to do you any favours. deal with it or cancel your membership. players arent entitled to anything.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
ahhhhh it feels like home again...
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Derek yes they would buy it if it wasnt free.. there are thousands of people who log onto there ps4s daily and play online.
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
what bout before it was required for online? ps added it to pay for servers and needed a reason for people to buy it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
The time before it wasn't needed for online play is totally irrelevant because the fact is that it's now required for online.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
The point is if sony removed all free insentives from psplus there would still be thousands who would still buy it.
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
actually my point is sony couldnt have started plus without giving you something. its hardly irrelevant when until plus came out live wasnt giving anything away but you still needed it for online. no free stuff means the system is dead before it starts. whether or not its needed for nextgen is irrelevant
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Listen to Tony and his Microsoft agenda. He would give MS money for nothing but not Sony lol.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Derek what a load of bullshit saying that " no free stuff means the system is dead before it starts. whether or not its needed" I gamed with boats loads of people over the years on the Xbox 360 and now on the Xbox one and every single person has Xbox live gold and this was way before free games were being dished out and in fact about two 3rds (66%) of my friends list never even bothered downloading the free games simply because they couldn't give a shit about random arcade games or old campaign games, this might of had something to do with the fact that most of my friends list consisted of multiplayer only Halo, COD and Battlefield players tho but still saying "no free stuff means the system is dead before it starts. whether or not its needed" is just complete and utterly ridiculous.
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
danny if you read what ive been saying I said that introducing plus this late in the game after all those years of people paying for live would have given sony a doa subscription system. Noone would have just given away £40 for online after all those free years without incentive
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
the only time live should even appear in this talk is when people realise games4gold wouldn't exist if ps didnt give free stuff and ms needed to remain competitive
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Wasn't plus released in like 2008? And they didn't gove anything free away till 2010ish?
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
no. plus started june'10. wipeout ps3 was 1st free game that month
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
It wouldnt have been doa. If Sony said they were charging for online for PS4 people would have paid it. Most people I know dont even know they get free games, and its why they have a much bigger memberbase for Plus now. People expected to pay after MS charged for XB all those years, so figured it was just the thing they need to do at Sony.
Decent for PS3