Destiny has 9.5 million registered users

Activision announced during its latest financial report that Destiny has more than 9.5 million registered users, while also revealing that the next game is in development.

Calling Destiny "the largest new franchise launch in history" and one of the 10 largest game launches ever in the US, the firm also said that people are currently playing on average around 3 hours per day.

While the game has 9.5 million registered users, Activision's Eric Hirshberg said the number wasn’t indicative of how many units were sold, as many players have more than one registered account.

"There's a relationship to sell through, but it’s not exact as some people have more than one profile."

Speaking of Advanced Warfare, Hirshberg also said “purchase intent” was incredibly high and the firm expects it to sell extremely well this holiday.

Are you playing Destiny or Advanced Warfare? How about the people on your friends list, are they?

Edited On 05 Nov, 2014

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
'the next game is in development.' - doesn't sound good. don't companies kinda stick with one until everything is sorted then move on? Moving onto the new game now will probably mean poor DLC (which it looks like it is anyway - probably already all made and in-game already and just needs unlocking) and less time spent fixing any issues - for me Destiny died about a week after release when I finished single player and was then expected to grind for purely cosmetic items - AFTER i've finished the game - then if you go multiplayer everyone is leveled the same anyways o finding those great weapons meant nothing in the end. Really started to bore me after 12 hours
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I thought it played really well as a FPS co-op shooter but my god the story ( if you can call it that ) was dull! The Strikes, Daily Bounties were fun for a while I'm with Turniplord, boy did it get boring after a while doing the same over and over! Another Destiny in development? well if you folks could see me now you would see a surprised look on my face. In my opinion Bungie should have stuck with doing what they done best in the past ;)
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
You know destiny took five years to make, the scale of the world etc etc, so its probably just drawing board stage at the moment, ive come to the conclusion that DLC is becoming the norm now, yes we already know that the dark below and the house of wolves is finished already, this used to bother me now but 70 percent of games now have DLC, so i just deal with it now, ive put 147 hours into Destiny so ive had my moneys worth and still playing,
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Its a game that seems to polarise people some people love it some people hate it. I agree the story is pretty weak. I am not a big FPS fan but there is something weirdly addictive about this game. One thing the game has done has got me playing with other players as usually kept myself to myself online and only played with people I know. But I have played with a few people on here with this game and had some really fun times. Reminds me need to do the raid more as only done it once and need to farm ascendant materials.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
me to bro, you did the raid with me, remember, I disconnected at the moment the Templar was killed and missed out on my raid gear
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah remember you in the raid I didnt realise you disconnected at the templar fight I remember couple disconnecting at different times think Rich did at the oracles bit. That is so gutting that you got kicked there. Think I was pretty lucky loot wise as got to bits of raid gear and a shotgun as well.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Rich said he had to leave for 15 mins, I got disconnected by the servers and I jumped straight back in, but in that 2 minutes the rest killed the boss so I missed the armour item, got 3 raid weapons though
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Had some great gear from it too like Suros Regime, Corrective Measure, Kabr's Wrath and just got that raid scout rifle yesterday, something(can't remember) of Confluence :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
isnt it Vision of confluence? Well we have to try and find a time where 6 of us can get on each week and crack the raid out once a week.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Yeah I think that's the one, meant to be good for getting shields down and killing oracles. The weekly thing is a good idea although Sat evening is probably not the best for me, Sat morning b4 lunch would be a lot better or a particular weekday evening. Learnt a couple of cheeky exploits from my mate's Z and Bagamba too :)
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Seething about Raid yesterday, I got a repeat weapon, 20 Shards & a ship. Not happy
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Would be happy with 20 shards as would mean my raid gear would be nearly fully upgraded lol Weekends are usually better for me but on a few nights during the week
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Vision of Confluence maxed up is an epic weapon. According to Planet Destiny top 5 Scouts, the VoC is best followed by MIDA multi tool. Solar is amazing against wizards and with the Oracle perk
ADAM 2 years ago
Please anyone help me out I now have a PS4 and started again on destiny would love some help starting over and lvling up my tag is Burnell85