Wednesday Chat: November 12

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 12 Nov, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
We've all spoken about recent games we are looking forward to but what are some of the games due in next year everyone is looking forward to? personally i'm looking forward to The witcher 3, even though i haven't played the previous two just because it looks soooo goo.
If you don't wanna play The Witcher (I don't blame you) then you are best watching a let's play, You MUST play Assassin of Kings though
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
The Order, Persona 5 and Tearaway. The Witcher is a maybe game never played them but like the way the company is working with the free DLC.
Next year, Splatoon, Zelda, Devils Third, Starfox, Kirby and the Rainbow Cuirse, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World and RE Revelations 2.
If you still have a 360 play Assassin of Kings. It might not be as good as it's PC version but it's a damn good version nonetheless
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Beginning next year for me, it's The Witcher, The Order & Project CARS
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Just seen Dave and jay discussing the amount of time put into one game so here is my question what's the longest you have ever put into one game. Mines 47 days play time so 47x24= 1128 hours!!! Wow wtf
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I would guess about 500 hours into Final Fantasy 7 over multiple playthroughs over the years.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Star Wars Galaxies I played that for over 10,000 hours. http://social.xfire.com/profile/otakutreem which does not include my time from June 2003 to Oct 31st 2005 when I began using Xfire, so recorded time is just 31st Oct 2005 to Dec 15th 2011. Someone else managed to reach 17,294 hours http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6166436 (in the sig) It was a game I played daily, and even had it running while Beta testing PS2 games for Sony, to do some hand sampling. MMOs are more time consuming than console games though.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Early next year will be the Order and Witcher 3. I want to get Uncharted 4 if it comes out in 2015.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I've actually just quit my MMo due to it being to time consuming tony.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I dunno if this has been brought up but by the looks of it the Amiibo figures can only used for one game at a time. So if you have the Mario Figure and use it on Smash Bros you have to delete the data before you can use it on Mario Kart or any other game.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I could look past the lack of detail which originally got posted but having to delete your save to change game.. No.. Not good.
Kwan 2 years ago
What game was that if you don't mind me asking toots? Back in my young teenage years, I had a horrible addiction to ... runescape ! I have 70+ days play time, which I wont bother to calculate because It'll make me cry with disappointment.
That's not actually true Bindania, an Amiibo can be used by multiple games, it can only be written to by one game at a time, but there's only one game that writes to Amiibo's so far, Smash Bros. Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors only read Amiibo's and all three games can use the same Amiibo with no problem.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Runescape is the one! I only quit becauE my account got hacked.. If it didn't id still be on it now.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
The company says on the official Japanese Amiibo page: "Amiibo can only store data for one read/write compatible game at a time. "If you wish to use the data from other read/write compatible software, please erase the data in the 'Amiibo settings' section of the Wii U settings menu."
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Mario Kart just seems to unlock costumes that data will be held on the figure at all time but any game in the future that has anything like virtual fighter like smash bros will have to delete data not sure if you can save the data on Wii U or not thats not very clear.
I'm sure when there's another game that can actually write to Amiibo's the Wii U firmware will be updated so that Amiibo data can be backed up.
The deal breaker with the Amiibos for me was that you need to rip them out of the box to use them
The Witcher 2 is free on GOG if you collect 7 stamps or £1.89 right now. You get stamps by visiting the site once a day
Yeah, saw that over at Eurogamer, along with a mind scarring picture of David Dickinson.
Kwan 2 years ago
I had a feeling that was the game toots :P Runescape was brilliant in its heyday. If I recall, the period from 2009 - 10, they removed the wilderness and free trading and it just went downhill from there. If they were ever to move to consoles or move away from a browser game I would have to revisit the game.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
My Tales of Heart R was posted today, so was my Assassins Creed Guillotine PS$ edition and the rental copmany sent me Akibra's Trip (can't wait to try this out!) So i'm gonna be busy this weekend - still playing YS on Vita - really really good