Ubisoft working on Assassin's Creed: Unity issue

While we didn't really spot all that many issues during our play through of Assassin's Creed: Unity, it seems that many have and it's something that Ubisoft are planning to address.

Writing on its blog, Ubisoft said it is currently working on the next update that will help address some of the specific issues some players are having, including:

- Arno falling through the ground.
- Game crashing when joining a co-op session.
- Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.
- Delay in reaching the main menu screen at game start.

In addition, Ubisoft are already looking into many of the other issues you’ve told it about and has have more updates planned. This list doesn’t capture everything, but here are the most widely-reported problems Ubisoft has heard about:

- Frame rate issues
- Graphical and collision issues.
- Matchmaking co-op issues.
- Helix Credits issues.

Additionally, they’re working with AMD to combat issues with the PC version.

To avoid these issues again, Ubisoft’s Montreal studio will have “more time” and more opportunities to experiment with future titles, with Ubisoft Quebec being given a more hands on role with the Assassin's Creed Unity.

Edited On 13 Nov, 2014

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Almost all of the above bugs above have been in my game so far and has taken away my enjoyment , i will leave this game for a while till its sorted out , got rouge to keep me busy and in terms of story rouge is much more better and interesting with parts linking the whole series together , unity seems to be the most bug ridden assasins game i have played yet lol
megabug7's avatar
megabug7 2 years ago
Experiment with future titles? How about you not Ubisoft!? You had 4 YEARS to work on AC Unity and still the product was full of bugs. Release the game when it's finished and not before. Consumers will be a lot happier.
No matter how Ubi try to sugar coat this, the fact is that Unity should not have been released in the state it was, & it seems they have lost a lot of customers because of it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Ubisoft dont seem to be able to get much right at the moment. I kinda get the feeling they think there so big they dont need to try anymore. One problem is making AC a yearly franchise so games are rushed in the end.
If Farcry 4 comes out as a mess then Ubi will lose a lot more customers than they already have.
ROFL
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Another problem is possibly release 5 big games in a 3-4 week window. AC Unity, AC Rogue, Far Cry, The Crew and Watch Dogs for Wii U but I am guessing Watchdogs was ready a long time ago so guessing that one is not much of an issue.
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
LMFAO
Watch Dogs on Wii U is not a big release, next to nobody is buying that till it's in the bargain bin.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I was really looking forward to far cry 4 but with the recent controversy surrounding ubisoft I will not be buying it on release.
No one will be buying Watch Dogs on Wii U. If they included the DLC as part of the package or discounted the game then released the DLC on the eShop then I would maybe buy it, but at full price with none of the DLC coming to the WiiU? No! Ubisoft can go take a run and jump for all I care
C 2 years ago
Complete mess of a game. Also ridiculous you claim you didn't have any issues when the whole world has. need dem sales huh?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
C stfu... get back to ign with comments like that..
A very few number of people had no issues at all
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Seems most reviewers had no issues as not many reviews mentions any bugs and glitches in there reviews.
listerdaleo's avatar
listerdaleo 2 years ago
Don't understand most moans either. been on it most the day hardly had anything. walked on water for a second or so thats about it if i think hard..
Some people just don't get any. I never got any glitches in Skyrim when I played it on release bar the giant sending you skyward (Yes, that was a glitch)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Far Cry's embargo is tomorrow at 6am for a tuesday release. I'm guessing those guys are much more confident in their end product than the guys behind AC:U.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Our Far Cry 4 review won't be tomorrow. Maybe Monday.
Neil 2 years ago
Hopefully not famous last words but, it's absolutely fine for me... on PS4
Luke 2 years ago
Personally I've not had any issues with Frame rates or glitches. I was worried when the flaming started on Metacritic, but I think these days you've got to take it all with a pinch of salt.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
I have fell through the floor once trying to assassinate a guy. And Ive experienced horrid framerate issues in the chapel when you go to get Bellic before meeting the council for the first time. But outside that, the game has been fine running.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I decided not to get this game due to all the problems.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
okay, been playing for a few hours - unlocked all sync points and done a few missions - even managed to do a few online co-op missions too. The framerate is terrible - i don't care if its only 30 but as long as its smooth, but at the moment its too jumpy. I can't seem to get the app to sync to uplay though - is everyone else the same? also I can't get the game to recognise my progress in previous games in AC Initiates so I can't unlock any of he cool past costumes - again, is this everyone or just me?