Friday Chat: November 14

So, What are you plans for the weekend? Are you partying? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 14 Nov, 2014

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
AC: unity if I can be home while it is delivered (Yodel are rubbish for coming when I want them to). Other than that I hope to finish my first playthrough of YS on the Vita - think i'm near the end now. Also need to try out the MK DLC
Got Lego Batman 3 coming today, so will be playing some of that over the weekend, plus some Mario Kart 8, maybe a spot of Shovel Knight too. Also giving serious thought to cancelling my pre-order of Sonic Boom.
Luke 2 years ago
AC Unity, only played around 1~2 hours of it, but, I'm impressed. Metacritic users were butchering it for the PS4 and I was getting worried. But, touch wood I've experienced nothing game breaking or immersion breaking. You can tell they've worked hard on it with all the different things going on the screen. Also Tales of Heart R. Gotta love the tales series.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Played PES for about 3 hours last night it's alot of fun and i've managed to make it look nice with a mod patch. Did anyone claim there Day 1 edition bonus? would be intrested to see who you all got. I got alaba. Which i'm not to bothered about because he is a good backbone to start at as i play him in CDM like he does for austria.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Probably split between PES and Destiny this weekend. I might be boycotting my first company soon. Namco Bandai seem to have got funny about my VIP points but the shocking thing is in the email they sent me they had an old email to a different customer in which it had there name email and address in it which is a massive error in data security! Gloria saw ign article earlier this week saying that they hadnt been sent a copy of sonic boom which doesnt look good also did see a video of a glitch that can make knuckles jump forever in the game.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Considering selling the Wii u as i am tempted to get an xbox one with the good value bundles about. But will I regret it if I do ?
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
I've never had a wii-u, but love my xbox one. I sold my ps4 Mon as never used it. Apart from the last of us. Now i have money to get far cry 4 and some cash put by for other games.you won't regret buying a xbox one. But you might regret selling your Wii-u
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
I will be playing Destiny, need 2coins for The last word from Zuir. my far cry 4 has just been posted, so hope that comes Sat. If so will be playing that. Will be playing halo mcc and sunset too.
Samka's avatar
Samka 2 years ago
Haven't been doing much gaming recently as keep starting games which don't do much for me at all (e.g. Puppeteer which I was really disappointed with). But recently picked up bayonetta and bayonetta 2 for the Wii U so might crack on with bayonetta this weekend. Hoping to get a PS4 for xmas so kind of need to work through some of my unplayed games back log before then...
Yeah, seen the Sonic Boom glitches, and the lack of reviews, definitely thinking my money would be better spent, it'd likely get lost amongst the other games I'm getting this month anyway, like Pacman Adventures 2 did last month. Selling your Wii U to buy an Xbone sounds like a really bad idea to me.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Sonic boom http://i.imgur.com/q8QamPi.png
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
oh yeah - Tales of heart arrived yesterday too - got that to play! AC: Unity was given to neighbor - so i'll be on that pretty much once I get home until Monday morning :)
PHILIP 2 years ago
Nope.... think I'll keep the Wii u after all cause I'll end up buying another when starfox and zelda appear next year. I have a ps4 so after looking apart from Halo box set and dead rising 3 nothing else on xbone really grabs me... apart from the timed exclusive for next tomb raider game... Sunset overdrive does not appeal to me in the slightest.
MrG's avatar
MrG 2 years ago
yeah, the ps4 makes the perfect door stop or book rest. Sunset overdrive is amazing but not for people who have no fun in them, as this game oozes fun! Xbox one has the best UI and its showing in the usa with the xbox one outselling the ps4.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
My nicknames for the new consoles are PSbore and Xbox FUN
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
I applaud the above two's effort to troll. But come on now MrG, PS4 has outsold the XB1 in the US for how long? 10 months in a row? Now they're cutting the price down in a special $50 down deal with 2 games thrown in, no wonder they're outselling them for 2 weeks. 2 weeks!
Just recorded the whole Digimon All-Star Rumble story. My ISP is going to really hate me by the time I start to upload this
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Got my Cod Advanced Warfare platinum trophy today. I've got Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age to look forward to next week. Think I'll go back and play some Shadow of Mordor until Far Cry turns up.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I will be playing Dragon Age Inquisition this weekend, maybe tonight. EA have added some games to the Playstation Now service, and can be rented for a week, costing about a $1 per day. EA Access is so much better value, although Playstation Now is better value to Sony. I bet this is why PS3 retail games are getting less with PS+ for free, so people will then have to rent them on PS4 instead.
I agree, I call a conspiracy
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
superniceguy how are you going to play Dragon Age Inquisition this weekend, it comes out next Friday.
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
ive been playing it for almost 3hrs now. eaaccess is a thing of beauty
Derek Vinyard's avatar
Derek Vinyard 2 years ago
game is good to
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Isn't that only for 6 hours?
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
PHILIP mate the Wii U is awesome but it feels somewhat backwards to me however it has some awesome titles (Mario Kart 8, Mario World 3D, Hyrule Warriors, The Bayonetta double pack) `i dont think it can even be compared to the xbox one I think both are great but for completely different reasons and experiences Xbox one is just awesome Sunset Overdrive is great The Master Cheif Collection is top Dead Rising 3 is great and the Capcom classics DLC for it is utterly mental. Far more happeninig on the xbox one Philip but if its bright colours a childish interface and not too many games then stick with the Wii U mate.Sory the not too many games wasnt a pop what it does have on the way is great just a shame theres not a lot more of it
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
6 hours is plenty to trial it, it is not a proper rental service, more like a demo but you are playing the actual full game and not an edited version, Playstation now does offer a 4 hour rental period too which costs $3 to $5
PHILIP 2 years ago
Hmmm... opinions... opinions...I wasn't knocking xbox one to anyone thinking I was.. i think it looks a good console i wouldn't of considered it if I thought otherwise.. I have been gaming since 1982 with the spectrum and in them days it was people opinionated which was best.. Does it really matter ? I had a 360 and sold it cause it was collecting dust... not that I thought it was shit it had good games of course it did.. Gears of war was brilliant etc.. but I never bothered playing it anymore thats all.. Wii u yeah does come across more of a "family/kids" console but It has some great games.... love the zelda/metroid games... and they are not on ps4... or xbox one funnily enough... Main reason I am more select is I dont want 3 consoles under my tv its crowded enough. If any more exclusives I am interested in come out in xbox one then I will get one... without a doubt. It was the low price that made me consider it for now thats all. I dont hate on any console... can't understand why anyone does. Enjoy gaming. . Thats what we all have in common surely ?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Tony why are you comparing PS Now to EA Access? Two completely different services. It'd be like comparing Netflix to Sky's Telephone packages.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Bloody hell dynamite it seems the onky reason you log in now'a'days is to critize people and defend the PS4... Not hating on you if that's what you want to do. Only making an observation.