Monday Chat: November 17

It's Monday, so what did you get up to over the weekend? What games did you play.

It's been a busy weekend for us in terms of playing games for review, one of which should go live today. So what have you been up to? What games have you been playing?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Nov, 2014

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Been on AC: Unity all weekend - up to sequence 11 - been doing a lot of side missions though and random online games. If you ignore the frame rate drop then its a pretty good game! Just wish the app worked - I want to play dressed as Ezio :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Finally finished shadows of mordor yesterday! Loved every minute of it! Hope they come with some decent DLC.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I can't get into Mordor - was going to take into CEX or something and trade for something else. To me it just seemed like a little story with a lot of padding (open fields with endless orc waves) - I guess its just not my thing :(
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
The app works fine for me, ive unlocked 5 Nomad chests for Arno up to now, once youve unlocked the chest you only have 24 hours to retrieve it as Arno or it is picked up by another agent
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Also put a few hours into PES. Loving MyClub game mode. Haven't got any stand out players yet the best being Lucas moura who plays for PSG. The rest are low end 70s
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
oh, my app wont sign me into uplay - i'm guessing that is needed to link the 2 together? I don't really want to carry on using the app until I can sync them together
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
On another note - Disney infinity 2.0 is about 16 quid on PSN for PS4 - thinking of getting it - I have the base from my Wii U v1.0 so i'm guessing all i need is the Figures? Does 2.0 have playset things like 1.0 had?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Didn't do any gaming over the weekend, but I've got today off so will playing Shadow of Mordor providing Far Cry 4 doesn't turn up early.
bees knees out of 9's avatar
bees knees out of 9 2 years ago
I too have been playing unity great game but like TurnipLord said if you ignore the frame rate dips which can be very jarring and I'm disappointed in locked chests to an app that doesn't work for me. Also tried to play master chief collection online to no joy as servers are still really poor. Disappointing that two highly anticipated games have been marred with technical issues. Let's hope GTA V and Far Cry 4 will be up to scratch.
Played some Lego Batman 3 over the weekend, think I'm getting bored of Lego games now though and this will be my last one for a while. Also had a MK8 session with some friends Saturday night, which was fun.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I'll be very very suprised if GTA V has a flawless release.
Blake 2 years ago
GTA dispatched friday, hopefully arrives today because tuesday is destiny reset day
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I've been playing Halo MCC co-op campaign, Assassins Creed ( about 7 hours in and not had any issues apart from messages telling me I've disconnected from Ubisoft servers ) .. Played Dragon Age through EA access, this is one stunning game and by the looks of it going to be having some fun on Far Cry 4 tomorrow!
Played a lot of Mario Kart 8, & realized I really do need an SSD
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
you do.. they save lives..
I think I have ruined my HDD what with using Dxtory with it. It has about the same write speed as my portable HDD
Hopefully a Samsung 840 EVO pops up on the Amazon Black Friday sales next week
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I have a samsung 840 evo.. All that's on it for me is my OS though.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Just got our Far Cry 4 and GTA5 through the post so thanks for another early delivery guys
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Thinking the AC app isn't' working cos i'm jail broken - just remoted into my home PC (win 8.1) and installed the app on the appstore - works fine. Going to un-jailbreak my ipad tonight and try it on there.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
btw - why do no PS4 games use the second screen functions anymore? I would love to use my ipad as a interactive map for AC without the need for their app (just as a quick setup)