Sony survey reveals that Japanese gamers want Final Fantasy VII remade

Sony has surveyed over 10,000 fans in Japan to ask them what their favourite PlayStation game of all time was and what game they'd love to see remade using the latest tech. The results probably won't surprise you.

As you can see below, both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy feature extensively on the list, with Dragon Quest V being named as the favourite game of all time and Final Fantasy VII being the title most people would like to see remade. Interestingly Gran Turismo 6 is also on the same list.

Why is this list being made public now? We've no idea, perhaps it's a hint or perhaps wishful thinking.

One things for sure, a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS4 would certainly be a big deal.

What’s your favourite Playstation game of all time?
  1. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
  15. Gran Turismo
  16. Kingdom Hearts II
  17. Derby Stallion
  18. Dynasty Warriors
  19. Resident Evil 2
  20. Hot Shots Golf

What’s a game that impressed you more than a movie or a novel?
  1. Final Fantasy X
  15. Tales of the Abyss
  16. Final Fantasy IV
  17. Okami
  18. Final Fantasy XII
  19. Clannad
  20. Final Fantasy V

What game would you want a remake of using the latest tech?
  1. Final Fantasy VII
  19. Final Fanatsay VII International
  20. Gran Turismo

Edited On 02 Dec, 2014

Comments
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Well most people want VII remade but myself don't mind since i like all of the final fantasy games myself. But i wouldn't mind a few dragon quest games remade if they got released over here also that would be nice.
In other news, the sun is hot and water is wet.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Wait, since when was TETRIS a PlayStation game? (Yes, I know it's been remade onto the new systems)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I am a huge final fantasy VII fan and spent a fortune on all sorts of merchandise of it over the years. I am so torn on a remake. I would like the graphics updated but wouldnt want the gameplay touched which it think it would be which would ruin it for me.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Would definitely love a FFVII remake, been hoping one would happen for years now. Similarly I wouldn't want the battle system tampered with (unless it were to add new materia, summons, limit breaks) but I do feel the gameplay in some of the minigames could do with a bit of modernisation (Motorbike, snowboarding, submarine, chocobo racing etc.)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
They were doing a mobile G bike game dont know if that has come out yet so be interesting to see how it does that as would give an idea of the modernisation of minigames would be any good. Rich you raiding this week and doing the weekly and nightfall?
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I'll have to look out for that, think I remember seeing it mentioned a while ago. Getting out of work early today so will be raiding on hard with my lvl 30 titan, I have a lvl 28 hunter now too so will definitely be up for running through it again, we should see when Dave and Jay will be available. Just give me a shout when you see me online in regard to the weekly stuff, they're a piece of cake this week (if you know what you're doing) :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Cool will do have to let us know what the hard raid is like, will be harder now you cant cheese the Templar.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
If they do ever remake it I don't see it getting just a playstation release though unless sony own some of the rights to it but I don't think they do as they have had characters from it appearing in loads of other games.
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 2 years ago
I loved Okami, I would love to see a remake of it on PS4 someday.
Neil 2 years ago
Great lists and on the whole I concur Sony would make a shit load from an FF7 remake Sony - JFDI already you teasing bastads!
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
My first choice would be 'FRONT MISSION 3' without a doubt.