Thursday Chat: December 4

It's Thursday. So what are you up to?

There's a slow down on new releases now, so we imagine you are catching up on November's games or even earlier games.

So what are you playing?

Also, since it was PlayStation's 20th Anniversary yesterday we'd also like to know your best memories of Playstation over the past 20 years. Which of the consoles did you/do you own? What was your favourite and which games do you remember most fondly?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 04 Dec, 2014

Comments
Had a PSOne sitting alongside my N64 back in the day before I sold it to raise funds for my Gamecube. Enjoyed quite a few games for it, stand out games for me though were Speed Freaks and Vib Ribbon.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I own them all apart from the ps4 and vita, my fav games being all the brilliant platformers that came out on the ps2.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Got a Playstation with destruction derby that was a cracking game. Obvious highlight for me being Final Fantasy VII. Playstation made RPGs a little more main stream and showed me lots of different types of game like Parappa the Rapper, Vib Ribbon and Bishi Bashi Special also bring arcade hits like Time Crisis and Point Blank into the home.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Playstation brand has given me many years of enjoyment.. After being introduced to one at a friends house in the 90's and seeing Destruction Derby and Wipeout I was in awe - away went the Snes and I brought one from HMV with Tombraider and Tekken.. I am ashamed to admit I was stupid and turned to the darkside and had my psone "chipped" to buy copies from the local bootsale - not proud of that now I have to say. Too many great games to say favourites, so many good platformers - Ico/Shadow Of Colossus were amazing... One thing I cannot forget is buying God Of War III - - - and a new dualshock controller hours later cause I smashed mine in my temper... Happy memories - Thankyou Sony.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Borrowing Final Fantasy 7 from a friend, then checking out the disks whilst cleaning my window ledge before he came to pick them up, looking out of the window and watching him walk up the drive and dropping the rock (has fossils in it) I had in my hand onto the third disk... Had to buy him the whole game again (and eventually my own copy). Also, asking my mum for a PS1 and my dad for a PS1 and getting one off each (thankfully I have a brother so we each took one). Oh, oh, and the arguments when data was "deleted" from one memory card or another
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Moring all, good news finally got my pokemon: AS today. I'm shocked tho since the postman only had one small bag of mail. If there really behind witch they are since last monday & i am yet to receive my peach amibo trough the post. Before royal mail went private my postman use to have 2 medium sized bags of mail & on busy days 3 bags. But now only one small bag for each day yeah that's going to clear up the backlog since x-mas around the cornier "not really". Back to todays topic my memories of loved playstation games. There's too many but here a few of my favourite games Persona 3:Fes, Persona 4,Shin Megami Tenshi: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 plus also Lucifer's Call, Silent hill & Resident Evil games, Xenosaga, Parasite Eve games. There a lot more but there's a few that i loved
Turns out Europe is indeed getting Rune Factory 4, but only on the Eshop. First SMT4 & now Rune Factory4.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Nox that's upsetting news but at least we still get it. But europe gets the horsey kick again for no physical game release.
I would take Nisa releasing it over a digital release. I don't like digital 3DS games
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
How come ?
Nisa or digital?
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
To digital why don't you like it on the 3ds ?
I think it's mainly the thought of paying 20+ for a game. PC has spoiled me with how cheap it is and I get £60 worth of PSN credit for £30
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
What £60 for 30 that's surprising indeed. But i guess i can see your point but the 3ds is easier to carry around unless you have an gaming laptop.
I could have went for a laptop but I just went ahead and built my own PC.Only time I play my 3DS is when I'm in the house
I have mentioned my little loop-hole to get £60 for £30 (or £50 for £25) but in hindsight I shouldn't in case they stop doing it
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
I see. Well i've got to run, i need to prepare something to eat & chase up what's happing with my tv "sigh" bye for now.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Im moving home on monday, Got keys today so been painting , got a weekend of decorating brfore the big move so very little if any gaming for me,
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
also I still have my ps1, with 50 games in a dvd folder, many a good time with that beast
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Where did you decide to move to in the end Jay?
Kwan 2 years ago
I was very late into getting a PS1, I was only 10 and didn't have too many games. But I did own FFIX which I played like a mad man! Never had the chance to play FFVII, would love to but only if I could mod a psp to speed up the gameplay.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
still no Smash bros :'( gonna have to report missing soon - rather annoyed. I used to Hate Sony - was always a Nintendo guy from Snes/GB onwards. Then went to the Xbox 360 then over to the PC then onto my PS4. I did emulate FF 9 to death on the PC though - even bought a PSP purely to mod and play FF9 and 7 on. A game I loved from the PS2 era though is 'shadows of destiny/memories' - that was an awesome under-rated game. you go back in time to change things to stop people dying in the future - the game revolves around keeping people alive in many different ways. Really enjoyed that - was re-released on psp too - wish it was on vita PSN
I bought Shadow of Memories a few years ago, great game. Don't remember much bar the twist so I think I should re-play it soon
Sucks that your Smash is lost. How will a replacement work since there are no more Adapter bundles?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
no idea - usually they offer refund or replacement - need to wait 14 days though I think. I'm going into the post-office tomorrow to see if its just 'lying around' - don't even care about the adapter anymore but wont be able to re-buy the game until i've sorted this out. I've been thinking of modding my Vita to play PSP emulation copies - purely so I can play Shadow of memories again cos my PSPgo is a bit worn out
Play it on PC. That's what I'm planning to do. PCSX2 can even play games from the disks