343 Industries has released a new update in order to improve matchmaking.
We've not really been playing at all, so can't say if it's helped with the issues, however If you have downloaded the patch and it has helped improve things then please let us know below.
Here are the patch notes:
- Made a change to allow for matches to start once minimum player counts are met, allowing for faster matching times.
- Made an update to resolve issues that caused false matches to be created, which resulted in a variety of matchmaking issues, including slow matchmaking and bad session starts.
- Streamlined the process for maintaining party continuity through the matchmaking process.
- Made an update to the high-level matchmaking flow that will reset lobbies after each match. - - - Moving forward, players and party leaders need to press "B" after the post-game-carnage report, and select a playlist for their next match. This flow is consistent with previous Halo titles.
- Improved user experience through removal of non-actionable error messages. This will allow for a more seamless matchmaking flow with less interruption and confusion.
- Improved the post-game experience to fix an issue that could result in a player getting sent to another player's lobby, rather than returning to the matchmaking screen.
"Please note that while this update will improve team balance issues, we do not expect it to fully resolve uneven teams," 343 said in an update on Halo Waypoint.