The Witcher 3 delayed until May 2015

The Witcher 3 has been delayed once more, this time until May 2015.

"Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe," starts the statement.

"The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

"With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

"We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

"Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so."

We can't deny being a little disappointed, what about you?

Edited On 08 Dec, 2014

Comments
Tbh I'm glad it has been pushed back since it gives my more time the finish my Witcher playthough then start The Witcher 2. Also it's nice to see CD Projekt offer an apology, most og the time when a game gets delayed the dev/publisher basically just says Deal with It
DD13's avatar
DD13 2 years ago
I can deal with a 12 week delay. At least it gives them time to release a finished game instead of just shipping it out unfinished (cough driveclub)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I'm fine with it being delayed instead of it being unfinished and rushed just to hit a deadline while being plagued with game breaking bugs/glitches and having to wait on patches/updates to be released to make it finished/complete, Other publishers should take notes. I'm looking forward to eventfully playing this and everything I have seen/heard of this game just seems to be positive.
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
That's no problem at all. I've been waiting for a good RPG, my favourite genre, infact any RPG as there hasn't been a single one yet since PS4 launched, so I can wait a while longer. The most important thing is for the game to be as near perfect as it can be at launch and not be buggy as hell and require tons of patches ( take note Driveclub, AC Unity, LBP3 etc ). Thanks for the info guys, just make it great.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
You can add Halo MCC to that list too Cheeky Monkey
Neil 2 years ago
I don't mind either, although if FF Type 0, Bloodbourne and Persona 5 delay too I'll be pissed
Neil 2 years ago
Cheeky Monkey - How did you miss Dragon Age Inq?
Bloodborne has been delayed though
HOWARD 2 years ago
I think the game needs the extra development time as that 30 minute gameplay video had a terrible framerate on the xbox one at least. I've also heard that CDPR are having problems getting 1080p on consoles too.