The Last Guardian may now be in development for PS4

The Last Guardian producer Fumito Ueda, has provided a brief update on the status of long-delayed PlayStation game, which hints that the game is likely now heading to PS4.

"Talks with Sony Computer Entertainment on The Last Guardian have been ironed out, and we're making progress under completely new conditions," he said, according to a Kotaku translation.

The Last Guardian was originally planned for release on PS3 in 2011, but due to a change of plan, has since been re-engineered by the game's developers.

Last we heard of the game was back in August, when Worldwide Studios boss Shehei Yoshida said,  "I cannot confirm any timing because we are waiting for it to be in a state where we are happy that this is the game."

"We have a certain time frame in our mind, and the team is making great progress, but still not to the point that we can say that, here you go."

We're guessing that when The Last Guardian does finally arrive that it's going to be a whole different beast and pretty spectacular at the same time. We can't wait for that moment.

Edited On 11 Dec, 2014

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It should be better on the PS4, but I hope they also bring Io PS3 still, as for me, this was the only game that I really wanted on the PS3, and the main reason I bought the PS3 for, and now makes the PS3 a farce.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
So many great games on the ps3 but you bought it for a game no one was certain will release? Yet again Tony you baffle me...
Neil 2 years ago
PS4? more like PS9
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
At the time when I bought the PS3 there was no reason to believe it would not get released. The uncertainty only came about in the last few years. The PS3 has many great games (although no PS3 exclusive has really impressed me) but this one would have been its ultimate best.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It is the main reason why I did not jump on getting the PS4. Why buy a console for a game to come? The only game that impressed me on PS4 was Drive Club, and then that got delayed and delayed and then flopped on release. I am so glad I did not buy a PS4 in the end.
PHILIP 2 years ago
@superniceguy - I have to ask just out of curiosity after observing your comments over the last few weeks why so much hate against Sony ? What "bad experience" made you this way ? I have'nt got a Xbone but I don't think they are s##t as I may get one next year if more than a couple exclusive attracts me. Both Sony and Microsoft have broken promises and failed to deliver at some point - Kinect revamp has as good as flopped but I don't think it's rubbish from what I have seen it's just not my thing. Ps3 a farce ? I was looking forward to BC on the Xbox years ago but it wasn't released - but I never thought Xbox was a "farce" or failed me. I am not having a knock mate I don't do this insulting crap I see on here sometimes cause opinions is what makes all different I am just curious why so much dislike thats all.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
The answers to your questions are pretty obvious, PHILIP. superniceguy is a super-fail-xbox-troll...
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@hymeleon not at all, he is a man with an opinion that's all. You should respect that.
Tony does in fact have a PS4 Philip. He won one a few months back from Shopto