Wednesday Chat: December 17

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Dec, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
What is everyone's opinions on porting games? I think they are ok to an extent when they're done right an example that pops to mind is bayonetta 2 including bayonetta 1 but ports like FF7 are just a slap in the chops.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Morning all, dam i am very happy about more amiibos are coming in the new year. I hope to see some bayonetta amiibo would be sweet. But im kind of shocked that nintendo has of yet to announce an zero suit samus amiibo "fingers crossed they will". Ports are great just depends how many on one franchise or series are made. But if an ton of game fans request certain hd remakes then developers should review & give there fans if they are really wanted hd remakes.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Morning all. Any Square Enix fans out there? If so, for £4.99 they're doing a Christmas gift where you'll get six Steam keys for their games (as well as some vouchers) valued at £70. Keys to be released on the 18th of December. As for ports, FF7 has been done to death and it's become annoying. Sure, it's always nice to have such classic games on the latest machine, but with there being so many ways of playing such a game, it's not really needed and is a money spinner. Must hurt a lot of fans too who were hoping for an FF7 remake.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i want new games though not old games. Lets take a look at 2015 for the playstation 4(portstation). A port of a steam game which was a port of a ps1 game (FFVII) a port of a psp game (FF0). ps3 ports of. (DaSII, DmC, Dmc 4) and a port of a ps1 3 game which was a port of a ps2 game (FFX) lastly A port of a GC game which was a remake of a PS1 game(RE1)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I know it probs doesn't take alot of resources to port a game and admittingly i'd jump at the chance of a gears of war port but that's just my 2 cents.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Wanting new games or sequels is fine. But the resident evil hd remake & final fantasy 10/10-2 remakes was wanted by a lot of people & fans for an long time. But the new dmc re hash of the remake is kind of pointless saying so myself. I would of preferred a proper sequel to devil may cry 4.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I think ports are a big thing at the moment mainly due to the lack of games coming out. Just look whats coming out between now and March which isnt ports there isnt a lot there is Battlefield, Bloodborne, The Order and Project Cars thats it really
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yes but the final fantasy 10/10-2 is just one game ported with absolutely no new content. I as a consumer am not happy about that because i may aswell just go pick it up on the ps2 for a couple of quid.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@bind i'm not disputing ports being important the thing that's doing my head in is companies porting a game over with no added content just the same game and claiming 'the fans want it' just to milk the cash cow.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i can see the sense of it from a business point of view but from a consumers point of view it really ruffles my feathers haha.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Dont get me wrong I am in no way defending all the ports its just if we didnt have these ports there would be very little to play at the moment and thats the sad thing. There is not enough big games being made at the moment. Probably why indie games are doing quite well at the moment but again a lot of them are just being ported from other systems. With FFVII I am presuming it will have trophies that may be the only plus side of the port for me and I am a huge FFVII fan.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am not interested in the Xbox 360/PS3 DMC games, but if they included the PS2 games as well all in one package I would buy it, and especially if there is a new DMC on the way. The Halo collection was good as it redoes Halo 2 and paves the way for Halo 5.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
found this xbox one bundle funny http://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1HW129-xbox-one-console-halo-master-chief-collection-alien-isolation first video is a super mario bros 2 vid for me..
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Yeah super Mario bros 2, it is missing Forza 5. I have/had all those games except ghosts, got it cheap on 360 but still not got around to playing it yet.
DmC is adding throw away content but Devil May Cry 4 is adding a whole new story segment with Vergil. People who are fans of the lore know how big that is
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
The main games in 2015 for me are Legend of Zelda, Starfox, Batman Arkham Knight,, Witcher 3 and Star Wars Battlefront. Also Project Cars and The Order is on my watchlist for early 2015. There are others like Quantum Break, MGS Phantom Pain, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Scalebound, Halo 5 but no immediate release for those yet. It is good that there is not many games, as I have a huge backlog to get through. I also just spotted that Dead or Alive 5 is getting re-released again on Xbox ONE, I may buy that one if I get a desire to buy something new, as I never got any of the Xbox 360 versions, but I did rent it once and did not bother with it much, so may not.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I did not know that about DMC4, but may get it later then when it is cheaper, unless it also gets released as DLC for the Xbox 360 version. They could have just done DLC for the Xbox 360/PS3 than getting people to buy the full games again.
Since the PS3/X360 version already runs at 60fps there is no reason that I can see that they shouldn't, they won't though. The way I see it this is Capcom letting us pick what version of Devil May Cry we want continued. The one we all know and love and are invested in, or the one that fucked up the lore (Still buthurt about Ninja Theory saying Eva was an Angel)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Has anyone tried the 20th anniversary console comp what stupid way of doing it has anybody on here got lucky and been able to get hold of one?