Thursday Chat: December 18

It's Thursday.

There's not really a lot going on in terms of gaming news or new releases, so let's dedicate today to your favourite platform of the year. What one stands out for you and why?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 18 Dec, 2014

Comments
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
My brain says PS4 because that's the platform I've used most. However, Wii U is the one my heart (and childhood) scream louder. I've just experienced more of a "wow" factor from the platform, whereas the wow factor for the PS4 has come from the games; not the system.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Morning all, hrm that's an tough question but i have to say most of my time has been spent on my wii-u & 3ds this year more then anything. The wii-u has had an pretty good year all and all & next seems to be even better. I've enjoyed mario kart & smash bros a lot by far they keep giving plenty of fun. An close second know is the ps3 there's been a few nice gems this year too.
Got to be the Wii U, has had by far the most quality exclusives, and not a single one broken at release.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Just got my princess zelda amiibo, looks pretty nice so happy it arrived well on time. Now im off to sorting office to hopefully find my peach amiibo. If i don't find it today then i will have fill out an lost parcel form tomorrow sadly.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Well this will be my last post of the year. Christmas break has officially begun for me. Just wanted to say to everyone have a merry Christmas and a cracking new year!
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Likewise Joe, see you in the New Year
Got to be PC. It's the only platform Freedom Planet has released on so far
I am so so so close to being done with Shopto. They dispatched my Amiibo's in crappy packaging so now the boxes are all crumpled. Would it have been that hard to stick all 3 in a box? I'll see how Amazon send Little Mac tomorrow & then I'll decided Ninty Store, Zavvi or Amazon (Ninty use The Hut Group)
Oh dear, all my Amiibo's from Amazon have been well packaged and arrived safe and sound so you should be OK. I've got Diddy Kong and Captain Falcon coming tomorrow.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
My Amiibo just came in a bubble wrap packet but it never got damaged in transit
I have to damage the boxes so I can remove the foil that stops them scanning but it's only the bottom of the box I damage, hardly noticeable
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
PS4 is the best platform for me because I've spent the most time enjoying games on it. Such as Infamous Second Son, Last of Us Remastered and Shadow of Mordor to just name a few. I think Wii U would come in at a close second place though because they've released some fantastic games this year like MK8 and Smash Bros. But those Nintendo games don't seem to grab my attention for long, I just play on them for short bursts from time to time.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Also I agree with Loli-Nox-Tan that Shopto should think about changing their packaging for amiibo figures. Even though the first 4 amiibo I ordered didn't get damaged I was very annoyed with the way they packaged them. If my Diddy Kong arrives in the same sort of packaging, then I'm going to go to amazon for my amiibo in future.
New Club Ninty item. Mario Golf golfballs. 850 Stars left now
Kwan 2 years ago
It's close considering my gaming time, but will have to be the WII U, MK8 and SSB are fantastic. Excellent multiplayer games. I have a PS4 too but in terms of pure enjoyment, Wii U wins.
Shopto are processing my Treasure Tracker
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Steam sale is active and I really hate the site layout - it is no longer easy to find anyhting - you either have to specifically be lookign fro something or randomly get 'suggestions' on what to by - which is Steams way of saying - we think you should buy this because all the other sheep are buying it and we make a nice profit on it.... Utter Crap the layout
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Also - I got my Far Cry 4 PS4 key from Ubi today for AC: Unity season pass - downloading now :)
The best deals are the hidden ones. I just bought Dark Souls for £5, Metal Gear Revengence for £4 & the new Humble Bundle for $18 (£11.86)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
All the games I plan on buying are on my wish list. None are that great, and Sudeki has no discount at all. Metrox Redux is only 25% off, but that should hopefully be in a daily sale or something at some point. It was on sale last week for 66% for a few hours and then they dropped it to 50%. I am not buying that unless it is 66% or better as I own the originals. The best plan of attack is to buy them on 1st Jan, unless they get better discounts in a flash / daily sale before then. Another thing to remember is that usually if one game of a series is on sale, then all games in the series has the same discount eg Dark Souls II is on daily sale, so the first Dark Souls is also on special discount for 48 hours. Metal Gear Ground Zeroes is in daily sale, so other metal gear revengeance is too. Beyond Earth is on sale, so that means Civ 5 is on daily sale 2. Sinper Elite 3 is on sale, so Sniper Elite V2 is on sale too etc
There are exceptions to that rule Tony. Star Wars is one example
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am sure there are exceptions, but its the way to find the "hidden ones"