Friday Chat: December 19

So, What are you plans for the weekend and the week after? Are you looking forward to Christmas? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Are you hoping to get any game related gifts or have you given any?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 19 Dec, 2014

Comments
The Amiibo shortage issues have continued in to phase 2, my Diddy Kong Amiibo has been delayed indefinitely at the last minute, god knows when I'll get that now.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 2 years ago
Well, I will probably play Destiny. And I hope that I will have time to wrap up Lords of the Fallen. I also have to do some work on a private project, so... it will be a busy weekend ;)
On the plus side, phase 1 Amiibo's are becoming freely available again and I managed to get a Kirby one for a tenner, plus another free Amazon Prime trial.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
For myself most likely playing smash bro's & watching some anime but we'll see. Yeah im shocked at the amiibo shortage myself gloria too. I'm looking forward to x-mas also, i hope we have some snow on christmas day
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Had a bad start to the day as currys and the delivery company knowhow messed up my delivery for my new tv which was suppose to be delivered this morning. It's extra annoying because I paid extra to have it this morning.Now it's due for delivery tomorrow. On another note I received my Diddy Kong from shopto this morning, and a dispatch email for treasure tracker.
So has my Liitle Mac. I also just get my other 3 Amiibo from Shopto & while they are not nearly as bad (Condition wise) I think I will cancel all my orders and move them to Amazon (Game for Shulk)
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
You know nox got to defend shopto here, most of the online stores are sending the amiibos by parcel packs not just shopto i don't think amazon will be any different. Are you even going to use your amiibos just wondering ?
I'm using them from inside the box. Also the Ninty Store (Hut Group) sent my Marth Amiibo in a box
I'm also on a Amazon Prime trial, so I can fully expect to get them in good condition
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
You can do that ? Hrm didn't know that. Eva way that's one store know nox but now i can understand why your upset since your keeping them in the box. Don't forget royal mail should look after parcels better anyway. But i will say this tho shopto should put fragile stickers on the amiibo parcels when posting.
The way they are packaged it is would be hard to to damage them a little
& anyway what I do with Amiibo's is this. Look at the bottom of the box and you will see two little gaps on each side. Just grab a little knife and cut straight from on gap to the other. Now pry it open as far as you can without ripping it & pull/scrape at the foil until you remove it
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
You say that but the cardboard 9 times out of ten will get folded or bent eva way & so will the plastic wrapper will get dents trough royal mail no doubt sometimes.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
PS that seems a lot of hard work. I'll think ill just open them but still good tip.
That's why they should put them in a box. My Marth Amiibo has no dents or creases whatsoever
You can't defend them on Amiibo packaging when Amazon & Zavvi stick them in boxes & Shopto sick them in bags
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Box or fragile stickers are acceptable i think.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I might start Dragon Age or just trade it in for £35 cash, As I have owned it since release and haven't even to play it once simply because of the fact that it takes 80+ hours to complete is just overwhelming, I sort of wanna play The Crew out but don't wanna pay more then £25 for it but i'll more then likely just carry on playing Halo MCC's multiplayer as it's working better then now a days.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Your joking right danny. Jeez that's what you call an game 80+ hours of gameplay & story is great it just shows they put a lot of effort into it & gives you your money worth. Unlike some games these days not pointing fingers.
Moved all my Amiibo Pre-orders to Game since Amazon aren't taking Pre-orders for any Amiibo now. Will be looking at the Ninty Store later
Btw Gloria Diddy is available on the Ninty Website
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Game they proper overpriced the 1st release set of amiibos plus i would of just waited for the restock next year. Or used Nintendo sore i suppose.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
No why would I be joking? I only bought it because it looked alright to play, I didn't realize it takes so long to complete and I don't really have the patience or attention span to put that much time and effort into a campaign game, I would rather it be somewhere around 20 hours to be honest, Think I would rather spend that time playing COD AW's multiplayer or Halo MCC's multiplayer instead but I did buy Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris so I will play that at some point over the weekend.
You have it so you might as well play it. Who knows, you might enjoy it
Game are the same price as the Ninty store
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Game aren't same price in store know. Danny really cod is as shallow and no depth put into there games for years story wise. If you do sell dragon age you'll be losing out on an great game & story but its your choice i suppose.
Oh & isn't the new Dragon Age got around a 30 hour Story? No idea were you're getting 80+ hours from , since the word from most people is 120+ hours for all content
Mangaman1's avatar
Mangaman1 2 years ago
Yeah I agree shopto's amiibo packaging in a Jiffy bag is inadequate.i received two which came in dented box's.i raised a ticket to complain as well.like others have said Nintendo store and amazon use box's with air filled packing..no damage! I did go to my local symths toy store to buy replacements and I then returned ones shopto sent back to symths for a refund..lol
Hahahahahahaha. You evil, evil person you
Ian1969's avatar
Ian1969 2 years ago
Merry Christmas to you all got 12 days off now so gonna be firing up call of duty and get my butt kicked for the next few weeks,happy days!!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am still waiting on my Amiibos ftom ShopTo, ordered Captain Falcon, Zelda, Diddy Kong and Luigi. Zelda arrived Friday, Captain Falcon turned up today, and the other 2 are still yet to arrive. I got most of my first batch from Toys R Us as everywhere else was out of stock at the time, and they turned up in one big box, and delivered swiftly. One I ordered from Nintendo Store, and took 10 days to deliver via hermes courier, I am not buying from there again, and customer services has not replied to my query in over a week.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Now is a good time to buy all Telltale games on Xbox ONE. I am so glad I held back :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
My broadband is now supercharged to 50MB. The Elder Scrolls Online of 42GB took just under 2 hours to re-download. :)
Nobody cares.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
50/8=6.25, 1024x42=43008/6.25=6881/60=114, Yup all checks out in under 2 hours.