ShopTo Game and Platform of the Year Winners

It's time to announce the winners of our Game of the Year and Platform of the Year.

We've decided to do this via video, but before we do, a big congratulations to Gloria who was chosen at random to win a game of her choice for taking part in the vote. Please contact us to tell us which game you would like.

Also, we'd like to say a big thanks to everyone who took part in the voting. The participation was fantastic and we love the fact that you all took time to give us your opinion, it means a lot to us.

So anyway, let's announce the winners. It was a fairly close battle for first place in the Game of The Year, but there was one clear winner in the Platform of the Year, so let's have a look shall we?

Edited On 19 Dec, 2014

Comments
Wicked, can I have Captain Toad please?
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Congratulations gloria hope you enjoy your new game.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Its nice to see the wii-u came second but i thought it had the top spot for sure. Even so the ps4 has done really well so props to sony. Game side know no smash bros "shocking" but even so mario kart shined as always. I'm glad dragon age won game of the year deserves it a lot, been an huge fan since origins was first released great gameplay & wonderfully supreme storytelling.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
You could have added Wii U and Xbox One's vote together and PS4 would still have won very easily. Was a pretty overwhelming majority for PS4. Dragon Age and Destiny were very close, only a few votes in it.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
True i guess. By the way very nice award video joe, i hope bioware will make plenty of story & not multiplayer dlc for dragon age III.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
No offence Joe but you sound way to fragile and nervous to be voicing over a video and you also seem to have and issue with pronouncing some words, Right at the begin you said "Queer winners" when you was meant to say "Clear winners" its almost unbearable.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Congratulations Gloria. Still haven't got around to playing Dragon Age yet, will have a go on it later this week. Shame Shadow of Mordor wasn't 2nd as I think it's a better game than Destiny.
Scots talk perfectly normal. I assume Joe has just lived in England a bit too long & just mixed both accents together
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 2 years ago
Congrats to Gloria :) I am glad to see that some of the games that I have spent most time with this year (Destiny and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor) are among the top :) I still haven't played Dragon Age Inquisition though.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
My wife said I should speak slower. I found it difficult lol :D
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
No you speak to slow enough already, Could do with speaking a little bit faster, louder and clearer with less mispronunciations or maybe get the other guy (Graham, is it?) to do the voice overs for videos and/or host the podcast's? Sorry if I am coming across as rude or what not but I just think it needs to be said.
In other words: You have a crappy voice & I don't wanna listen to it (J/K)
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Well that's your opinion obviously. I don't speak slow, I was speaking slow in the video. I speak twice that speed :D I was also improvising instead of speaking from a script as I didn't have time to write one, which is probably the reason for the hesitation if there was any. Hope everyone else enjoyed the video. :)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Well that's one way to put it Nox but I was trying to say it in a constructive way with the reasons as to why I think that, If that makes sense?
It does and I know what you mean. When I started doing live commentary people just told me to talk the way that feels natural to me
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Understandable Joe, saying things on the fly without a script I can see how that would cause hesitation (or as I called it, nervous).
It's mainly the feeling of talking to nobody & feeling weird about it (At least it was for me) but it passes after a while. Also it wouldn't hurt to run your commentary through Audacity Joe
Assuming you aren't
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
I'd rather we discuss the game of the year and platform of the year, that's what this post is for, tho I appreciate the feedback :D
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Okay so back on subject then, I'm quite surprised that Destiny did so well considering a lot of people including myself thought it was a massive disappointment and simply a farming/grinding fuck fest of a game.
The fact that no one else other than me voted for Freedom Planet just means that you all don't play good games
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Just Google'd that game and saw the trailer, Looks like a fake Sonic game.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Danny, you're just one of many people who bought into the hype without actually doing your research into the kind of game you were buying. It's essentially an mmo hence the grinding, if you don't like mmo's then Destiny is not for you. I find most mmo's demand too much of your time (world of warcraft for example) but Destiny for me was the perfect middle point between a life swallowing game and your average casual gaming experience. Seems like a lot of other people feel that way too as millions are still playing it daily and it's still by far the most played game by people on my friend's list. Cynics can say "people are stupid" until they're blue in the face but if so many people are still enjoying Destiny this long after release then it must be doing something right... right?
Overwhelmingly Positive User reviews speak for themselves. Also while the trailer on the Steam page isn't the best one imo (that goes to the Greenlight trailer) it still is a good showcase for the game http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/
Thanks everybody, got my fingers crossed shopto can get my copy of Captain Toad in to the post by tomorrow morning so I get it in time for Christmas.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Congratulations Gloria nice little christmas present for you. Destiny isn't bad I just fell that is missing too many things just now that I hope they address in the future. I just don't feel that the game was ready for release when it was. I don't like the lack of story with unskippable cut scenes, the lack of trading with friends, small fireteams, no matchmaking for raids, increased loot drops (not really legandaries but more blues). The actual gameplay is solid though. I also don't think there should be a weekly cap on the vanguard marks.
Neil 2 years ago
I like your positive attitude to all the voted games and consoles, ignore the people commenting on your commenting Joe! Everyone loves to be a critic The Wii U seems to have and be building a hardcore fanbase, reminds me of the Dreamcast fanbase in a way
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Before the poll was pulled due to cheating the Xbox 360 and PS3 were options for platform of the year too. While the PS3 and Xbox 360 have slowed down a bit in the past few months, they were still full swing for the majority of the year, and there are tonnes of games and stuff to get on there at bargain prices. The PS4 and Xbox ONE have been complete fresh starts, with no backwards compatibility at all, and a lot of games have just been re-released to buy again on them. Xbox 360 and PS3 has still got more going for them than PS4 and Xbox ONE.