Crash tops fans list as PlayStation Icon

Official PlayStation Magazine have asked the top hardcore gamers, their readers, who have voted in their tens of thousands to crown their favourite PlayStation Icon and the results are probably not surprising.

The magazine presents the top 20 PlayStation Icons of all time in its February issue, and Crash Bandicoot was voted top of the poll.

It's an interesting result considering there hasn't been a new Crash game since around 2008. What's also interesting is that both Batman and Lara Croft make the list. It's unsurprising to see that Nathan Drake and Kratos are in the top five, although both are beaten to the runner up spot by Solid Snake.

The top 10 are:

10 Batman
9 Cloud Strife
8 Pyramid Head
7 Big Boss
6 Lara Croft
5 Scorpion/Sub-Zero (joint placement)
4 Nathan Drake
3 Kratos
2 Solid Snake
1 Crash Bandicoot

Edited On 16 Jan, 2015

Comments
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
What about Sackboy? He'd be in my top 3. I've never even heard of those at 5 and 8.
paulaw's avatar
paulaw 2 years ago
Good list. Cheeky Monkey, I guess the reason sackboy is missing is because he is a more recent addition, he was not around in the early years of Playstation. Scorpion/Sub-Zero are from Mortal Kombat, I think more of the Mega-Drive when I think of that game and not Playstation so Sackboy could replace them for me. As for Pyramid Head, that's from from Silent Hill. I could think of a few that are missing which some would argue about...Chris Redfield being one ;)
Bonesinferno's avatar
Bonesinferno 2 years ago
I would say that's a good list, Crash & Snake would be my one 1 & 2 but not sure which way around. Some missing that im surprised is not on there, Spyro for example. Never played one all the way through to be fair. I agree I think of Mega Drive when it comes to Scorpion & Sub Zero, No Idea who Cloud Strife & Pyramid Head are. Kratos not surprised but not a hack & slash fan. Huge Batman fan but Arkham games arent exclusive so cant include them. Who remembers Croc?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Can understand people not knowing who Pyramid Head is but surprised people have no idea who Cloud Strife, Scorpion and Sub Zero are. Would of thought Ratchet or Clank or Spyro might of snuck onto the list as well as Parappa.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
No jak or Dexter no party...
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
Yeah I remember Croc wasn't there a couple of Croc games on the PSone?? I was really into 40 winks and I absolutely loved Speed Freaks and Muppet racing (I 170% that game collected and won everything) ha ha and what about the dude from Syphon Filter??? Na this list is amateur hour without Parapa, Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Klank on it ; )
Stuart 2 years ago