Borderlands: The Handsome Collection announced for PS4 and Xbox One *Pre-order Now*

2K Games and Gearbox Software have announced Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, which bundles Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PS4 and Xbox One, complete with all the DLC and some visual upgrades.

The Handsome Collection arrives on PS4 and Xbox One on March 24, 2015 in North America and March 27 everywhere else.

As you no doubt know, Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel chronicle the escapades of Handsome Jack, the delusional villain who's convinced himself that he's the good guy.

Not only does this new package include all the DLC, but the game also delivers 60fps at 1080p, and now supports four-player split screen at 30fps, meaning you can play through the campaigns with a full party.

Have you already started Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and/or Borderlands 2 on PS3, Xbox 360 or Borderlands 2 PS Vita? Then with cross-save functionality you’ll be able to transfer your save to and from PS4 (or Xbox One for Xbox 360 owners) to pick up right where you left off, along with your levelled-up character, Badass Rank, and everything else.

Are you excited to play Borderlands on the PS4 or Xbox One?

Edited On 20 Jan, 2015

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I will be getting this, has all the DLC as well which is really good even the unreleased stuff. Also you can transfer save file from 360 to xbox one as well.
Bit strange they aren't including the original game.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I was thinking that as well, it is a bit rubbish especially seeing as Lilith and Mordecai were my favourite characters so far.
MARCIN 2 years ago
Any news about Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition.Pre-orders start today only 5000v worldwide
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
“ @Gloria@Zombieflamingo, the clue is in the title it's the handsome collection, handsome jack was not in the original borderlands so it makes sense to just have borderlands 2 and the pre-sequal in the collection.
Or, they could have just called it 'the complete Borderlands collection' or something similar and included all the games.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I agree with Gloria, also he may not have been in it but he still set up the events of the first Borderlands.
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@Gloria i agree that would have been better what an amazing collection that would be, better yet wait a few months and include tales of the borderlands as well.
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@Zombieflamingo it's obvious 2K only wanted to include the games he appears in i also agree with gloria but they made their choice fingers crossed for borderlands 3 at E3 with Lilith, Mordeci,Maya and Zero playable (2 or more per class) that would be awesome.
ch33zy's avatar
ch33zy 2 years ago
2K Australia are working on the remake of Borderlands 1 (google it).. But it is kind of silly that they release these 2 first and then the original later o_O.. Good idea 2K, Good idea.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I think what you googled was this collection, and not Borderlands 1. There is this news http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/12/borderlands-remastered-on-the-way-for-xbox-one-and-ps4-4984631/ which makes it to be most likely borderlands 1, but there was no clue which games were being remastered, and probably the reason why Borderlands 1 is not in the collection, is like what they said in the article I linked - "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! was only released this year, and both it and 2012’s Borderlands 2 make it slightly redundant." Plus the first game probably would need more work to look good on Xbox ONE and PS4 - I have it on PC with setting up to max and the game looks outdated. I doubt I will buy this collection, but if they do Borderlands 1 and make it look good on the new consoles then I will probably buy that, but Borderlands 2 and the Pre-sequel may end up being like Saints Row IV re-elected - a slight improvement but nothing major.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I would have bought this but 45 quid :/ I'll probably end up renting it - I just hope the DLC is included and not a 1-time code for you to redeem so second hand and rentals get vanilla - that's what they did with Borderlands 2 on the Vita. I would have expected this to be about £30. I paid 35 for Saints Row 4 (from Game as they had a few extra exclusive DLC on pre-order) but that includes a brand new expansion which i've not played. This is priced at pretty much retail for the 2 together on other systems.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Think i've just found my answer - small print on the order page: "Internet connection as well as a PlayStation®Network account or an account on the Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft is required to download certain add-on content." - so it will be a code to unlock the DLC so second hand you have a high chance of it already being redeemed and rentals won't get the DLC because you rent. I'll just wait until someone has it for about £25.00
Kwan 2 years ago
I havn't played the original so I won't be interested, seems odd no?