DayZ sales hit three million

Wiggle for this man!

Over the weekend, Bohemia Interactive announced that DayZ Standalone had reached over three million in sales from Steam.

"We would like to say thank you to every single one of the three million players, that have joined us on the journey of making DayZ." said David Durack, Project Lead.

He went on to say - "You all have helped make DayZ the best open world, zombie survival game. This is an amazing achievement, and we are really looking forward to start sharing with you all of our game design improvements, anti-hack solutions and other optimizations we have been working on for a majority of the last year."

Recently the DayZ team outlined their development plan for the rest of 2015, with features including improved anti-cheat system and many multiplayer optimisations. You can read more about the development plan here.

Edited On 26 Jan, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Zombie survival game.. LOL the zombies are terrible and just run into walls.. This is just a massive deathmatch.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I've seen quite a few stream of this on Twitch just to see what all the hype was about from what I have seen there is very few Zombies and as JoeToots said its pretty much a free for deathmatch game.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I'm not saying that's a bad thing though, i remember a time i was fully geared up to the nines with my mate. We was just chilling in cherno looting and stuff then came along a clan of 5-6 people where i decided stuff it lets have them. So it ended in an epic stand off where they where telling us to lower our weapons but we wasn't for backing down. It ended in an epic gun fight which unfortunetly we lost..
Isn't that what would happen for real, the zombies being a shambling inconvenience whilst other survivors were the real danger? In my long experience of zombies that's nearly always what happens.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I actually agree with that yes. I've always said push comes to shove and there was a zombie apocolypse then shit would get real and you'd need to worry more about other humans than zombies. As us as humans are pricks.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Isn't this game still in the Alpha/Beta stage? If it was under £10 and available on the Xbox One I would buy it.