Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns has been announced as the first expansion for the popular subscription free ArenaNet MMO.
The expansion was announced at PAX South 2015 over the weekend and is set to offer new training opportunities beyond level 80, all new quests, enemies and player professions.
The new main features of Heart Of Thorns are:
- An entirely new area in the Heart Of Maguuma made up of three layers: Core, Root and Canopy. This area is filled with new content, bosses, creatures and events.
- An ability to Hanglide and travel on wind currents.
- A new Mastery system that's Account wide, designed to add greater depth to your character.
- A new WvW Borderland and significant improvements to the game mode and mechanics.
- A new Specialization system designed to change your class completely. Ranger's can specialize into Druid's.
- A new PvP game mode called Stronghold where Guilds can fight it out to be crowned the best.
- Guild Halls to act as a hub for your friends.
No release date has been announced for the expansion at time of writing.