Woah there Xbox One owners.
If you're in the Xbox One Preview Program it's time to update that controller you have. I still love the idea of controller updates. I'm hoping that one day they make it float, now that would be an update.
The new update halves the time that the controller takes to turn on, from 4-5 seconds to roughly 2. Take a look below for the full features.
If you are a member of the Xbox Preview Program, I recommend you update your Xbox One controller(s) with the latest preview build (OS version > 1502.150120) which provides the following updates:
• Quick Connect – previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in ~2 seconds
• Stability improvements – the firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants
To update your controller firmware • Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller. • Connect to Xbox Live.
• Press the Menu • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller. If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
• Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller… progress screen
• When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessoriesmain page • Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0 For additional information, please visit the Xbox controllers website or read this article about Xbox controller connect issues. Thanks for helping make Xbox One better and better!