Rumour: The Witcher 3 is 1080p on PS4 & 900p on Xbox One

German gaming website, Gamester have posted that The Witcher 3 will have different resolutions based on what platform you play on.

Here's a quote from the german site via Google Translate because my German language skills are pretty abysmal. Take the information below with a pinch of salt as the game still has 4 months in development.

In the duel console PlayStation 4, meanwhile, has clearly ahead of the graph. Although the textures are a bit more blurred than “high” PC details that falls within the normal TV-distance but hardly noticeable. In addition, the witcher adventure runs on the PS4 in 1080p – but only at 30 frames per second, which did not bother us.

On the Xbox One Geralt goes also with 30 fps on monster hunt, but only in 900p, the textures also seen slightly more washed out than on the PS4. However, polishes CD Projekt own words yet on the Xbox version, maybe you can still screw up to 1080p, but you would not promise anything. Stand now is the PS4 image the sharper and stronger colour.

From my time with the game at a recent preview event, I actually thought the Xbox One version looked the better of the two.

The Witcher 3 is out May 19th on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC

Edited On 28 Jan, 2015

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It is not fact yet, as they say they will try to get it to 1080p but no promises. I am intending on getting this on PC anyway, but will need to upgrade PC though, otherwise I will be getting Xbox ONE version.
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
my pc is not powerful enough to play this so ps4 version it is thanks to the confirmed 1080p
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I have a PS4 too, and have rebought some games on PS4 and there is not much difference at all. It is just the thought that it is worse on the Xbox ONE, but reality is that both versions are just as enjoyable. I have no friends on playstation, and playing with friends even on the even worse Xbox 360 version is better than playing with no friends on PS4. Also while the PS4 can achieve 1080p, sometimes it struggles slightly whereas Xbox ONE gives a more smoother all round experience. I also prefer the UI on the Xbox ONE, you can customise it to how you like, and it is such a social experience, you can see players and Xbox staff having fun through daily videos, and there was a video showing where open world games came from which highlighted GTA, Zelda, Elite and a load of others. Also MS gave 1 month extra GOLD subscription from Halo MCC. Has Sony given 1 month free for Driveclub? I am not buying Driveclub until it is available free on PS+, as while it is not available is tells me that Sony are not satisfied with its performance.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Oh god not this again. Having both consoles I'm still struggling to see this difference and not just with the whole 900/1080p malarkey, let's not forget even though quite a few games hit 1080 on PS4 but lower on XB1, many sites reported games like THIEF and COD ( until COD was patched ) why looking slightly crisper on PS4 actually ran smoother on XB1 so take your pick. I still say if you want the best graphics/framerates possible then a decent gaming PC is your best bet because up against this both consoles are behind on horse power. Also if the PS4 is this all singing dancing power unit then why are not all games hitting the magical 1080p/60fps. Even recently Uncharted 4 devs said they won't go 60fps if it sacrifices looks. Personally I just wish people would concentrate on writing about the games, what's the story like, does it run well online etc but the usual fanboy crap gets the hits so so called gaming journalists carry on, pity really. What does make me giggle though, people always carry on about how under powered the XB1 is yet in recent votes, polls, Ryse Son of Rome and Forza Horizon 2 have been voted by a lot of sites ( not saying I agree ) as the best looking new gen games so far, not bad for a flimsy console ;)
TL;DR
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I never said I did not see any difference, but when played the PS4 version after the Xbox ONE version I did not think it was any better after all. I go for the Xbox ONE as there are more games on it I want to play. If I do not upgrade the PC then I will still choose the Xbox ONE version over the PS4 for Witcher 3 even if it is still 900p.
My mistake, I meant TL;DC
Neil 2 years ago
It's becoming a stage of diminishing returns, unless you got a 108" plasma you're likely not going to notice unless you're a complete nerd. Nice to have all 3 platforms it will launch on anyway