Rise of the Tomb Raider details arrive from Game Informer

Xbox One exclusive (or is that timed exclusive?) is the next game to grace the cover of Game Informer.

In the latest game, Lara will take to Siberia to find the lost secrets of immortality, and will make use of new survival gear which she has hunted down and crafted, in order to get her through this latest ordeal.

There will also be new puzzle tombs and a deadly new enemy to negotiate.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a holiday exclusive for Xbox One and Xbox 360, which likely means that it'll launch on other formats a few months down the line.

With Uncharted 4 launching around the same time it seems likely that PlayStation 4 fans won't miss Tomb Raider too much to begin with. In fact it's very possible that when/if it does release on PlayStation it could sell more than it would have otherwise, after all, it's likely that if it came to it PlayStation fans would buy Uncharted 4 over Tomb Raider.

What do you think?

Edited On 03 Feb, 2015

Comments
PHILIP 2 years ago
Hopefully it will release on Ps4/3 I can wait no rush. As stated alreadly Uncharted 4 will be more than enough to keep me occupied. I have always loved the Tomb Raider games but not enough for me to get an Xbone for.
megabug7's avatar
megabug7 2 years ago
The Game Informer article states: 'Lara will gear up for her new adventure on Xbox One and Xbox 360 this holiday season' When will the Xbox 360 version be available to preorder?
MICHAEL 2 years ago
I would have chosen Uncharted over Tomb Raider in a heartbeat but I really hope Tomb Raider does come to PS. Would really love to play it. Loved the last one which was released on PS3. Wouldn't buy an Xbox One for it tho but someday I will get an Xbox One so either way I will get to play it. Just hope it will come to PS4 so I can play it sooner. While most of us PlayStation gamers would chosen Uncharted, it doesn't make it OK to leave out Tomb Raider. Better to play both than only one
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Based on the last Uncharted and Tomb Raider I will have to go for Tomb Raider. It will come to PS4 eventually, I just don't see why people are making a big deal about it being timed exclusive for xbox.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I know, im not bothered how long as long as I can play it at some point
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
I dunno if it will come to PS4 but it makes business sense really. It would dampen any future titles if the fanbase missed out on the story. Like if they skipped Uncharted 2 and expected you to buy UC3.
Neil 2 years ago
I'll be shocked if it doesn't come out on PS4, likely as the definitive edition...