Wednesday Chat: February 4

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 04 Feb, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Question to Joe and anyone who wants to answer? What originally got you into gaming? i remember as a little kid playing crash bandicoot but my first real gaming moment was playing BF:vietnam online on the PC. i use to do the mouse and my mate use to do the keyboard.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
10 years old, SNES on christmas day, mario allstars, Looney toones etc, Honestly have no recollection even asking for one, Hooked on gaming since
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
My first memories of gaming is my dad letting me play his Atari 2600 playing games like Yars revenge, Advendute and Peles soccer which was just two teams of three blobs in a triangle and a ball! Probably what got me into gaming was getting a Master System one Christmas with Alex Kidd built in.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I feel soooooo young now... Cheers guys..
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
I think my dad bought me some atari machine lol.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I've been around since they were main stream with Space Invaders, and then borrowing a friends Atari VCS, having a ZX81 and then playing a friends Spectrum with Jet Set Willy and determined to beat the game (unknowing that it was flawed) and then getting one, and that lasted me until the N64 (skipped the NES/SNES and megadrive/Saturn era but I did backtrack), then bought every console generation since. I feel lucky being born when I did as got to enjoy the games as they grew and expanded and got better and better with each generation from the 70s to now. Very few games, and I don't think any were, in the 70s and 80s were rated 15 or over. Now the games are pretty much the best they can be and not much room now for improvement, and for new gamers not being so awe struck by the progression, plus majority of new gamers probably can not play old pixelated games when spoiled with the graphics of today.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Some Peles Soccer in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OCRa6mamGI
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
OMG them physics..
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Arcade machines were very popular when I was a kid, and chucking in 10p and 20p coins here and there, my favs were Outrun, Gauntlet (with friends), Kung Fu Master (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung-Fu_Master) to name just a few. But does anybody play Arcade machines now, with the many ways and better to play games via mobile and console plus no need to keep feeding the machines with money to keep playing? I had many great times in the arcades during the 80s. Sadly they seem redundant now
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
My first computer was a ZX Spectrum 48k. I was unbeatable at Chuckie Egg, 200+ levels. Been gaming now for over 30 years
Pong for me, or something very like it, on a binatone jobby. There were no home computers back then, no Atari VCS, no Space Invaders or Pacman or anything much in the arcades but fruit machines, it was a dark time.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Anyone else notice that Game have started to show the following under the prices: 'Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk' - do you think they are going to go the way of Play and start letting anyone be a seller?
Looks like it.
Chris 2 years ago
my first console was the Atari with its brick cartridge since I've had more consoles and computers than I can probably remember here is a list of a few zx81,spectrum 48k,commodore 64,vectrex,Atari ST,amiga500,megadrive,snes,megadrive CD,N64,amiga32 bit CD,Panasonic 3DO,sega dreamcast,Playstation 1,2,3,4 and Xbox 360,ONE might be 1 or 2 I have forgotten
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Cant see the point of Game doing that. Used to use Play a lot back in the day cant remember the last time I bought from there. They went downhill once the VAT loophole they were exploiting closed down.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
GAME may be coming part of Amazon, they always mirror Amazon prices and Amazon say "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon"
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Met up with a friend who was at an internet café, (not my kind of thing at all) most people were playing battlefield on PC but some were playing Halo 3 on the Xbox 360, I saw what everyone was playing and the only thing that looked fun was Halo 3, So I watched some people play for 5 minutes and then they asked if I wanted ago and I was “eh, what, okay sure”. Next thing you know we’re taking turns playing Halo 3 lone wolves online for nearly 2 hours and it was awesome but the one thing that really got me interested and made me want to get better at the game was the fact that you had to win in order level/rank up because if you lost you were more than likely going to level/rank down and that right there is LITERALLY THE ONLY REASON why I got into gaming.
My Dad brought home a Playstation 1 that he "acquired" when he was out at work with a game called Ready 2 Rumble. Looking back the game was kinda crap but it did lead to me getting games like Wraith of Cortex & Blaze and Blade (I loved that game)
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
My first memories of gaming were playing games like New Zealand Story, Budokan, Turrican, Llamatron, Bruce Lee among others on my uncle's PC. My friends then all started to get NES's with TMNT & Super Mario which blew my mind, wanted one for myself but ended up getting a Master System II with Alex Kidd built in cos it was only £60 in Argos. Saved my pocket money for nearly a year to get that :)