Wednesday Chat: February 18

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 18 Feb, 2015

Comments
Danny_936 2 years ago
Which RPG game is the better one out of Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne? Both on the PS4.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
You can't really judge a game that's out against a game that isn't.. Play it safe and go with dark souls 2. People raved about it on consoles.
Danny_936 2 years ago
True, I just made my PSN account redeemed the free 14 day trial and redeemed this months free PS4 games and that will take me into next month so then I can redeem next month's free games too, So then I'll have a handful of games to play on my PS4 when I order it on the 10th of March, That's if no unexpected bills or damages arise before hand.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
are you keeping the xbox one>
Danny_936 2 years ago
For a few more months yeah as I have Both COD's and Battlefield 4 along with all the DLC for all 3 games and there's no way i'm re-buying all of that again but I once I think once I have played Tomb Raider in November then will sell my Xbox one, I also plan on buying nearly all my future games for the PS4 as oppose to the Xbox one, yet again I couldn't play Call of Duty online or access my save for Dying Light last night because Xbox live was having issues (again) which seem to happen every single Tuesday evening - night, I ended up just turning the thing off and watching a film on iTunes instead.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
@Danny you can add me on PSN as well same as my xbox one gamertag - dark572assassin i noticed last night you were on my xbox friends list lol
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I still have the day one Xbox ONE, after I bought the COD AW 1TB console, so it is not easy to sell. You may not want to get rid of the xbox ONE either, especially as PS4 use black borders more so, as Sony like doing cinematic experiences as they are invested in that area (http://www.sonypictures.com/) than fun games. Grim Fandango and The Order 1886 has them - both console exclusive to PS4. MS uses windows and they like using the whole screen, and made Halo Anniversary widescreen on Xbox 360 when original xbox Halo was not
Danny_936 2 years ago
@DarkAssassin, I'll add you when I get my PS4 but I don't really know what I am going to play such as multiplayer or co op wise as I don't want to re-buy games I've already played on the Xbox one, I'm mostly looking at getting TLOU, Infamous second son, First Light, Bloodborne and maybe Drive Club or if that's still broken then I'll get project Cars instead. TLOU's online MP looks quite interesting as its 3rd person so I'll play that a little bit and try and get into it, Anyways what kind of games do you play and do you have headset?
Danny_936 2 years ago
@Supernice, How is the Xbox one not easy to sell? Take a few pictures and put it on eBay, It'll sell for around £250 or if you can't be bothered trade it in at CEX but you only get £160ish cash for it so its not worth doing that. Both the games you mentioned I have no interest in, I was a little bit interested in The Order 1886 but once I found out that it's only a 6-8 hour campaign and half of that is cut scenes then its in letter box mode along with a £50 price tag, Its just a big fat NO, I think you and me have very different tastes and needs/wants when it comes to gaming.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I dont think it's to do with his needs and wants, it's just him picking things that he can slate about the ps4 and praise about the xbox one. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion though.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
So let me get this right cinematic games cant be fun games its only one or the other. You do pick some random things to bring up just to have a pop at PS4 and Sony.
Danny_936 2 years ago
@Joe, I do think he is a tad bias but what ever, I try not be and just try to say it how it is, As you've probably noticed from my little rant about the Xbox one the other day.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
@Danny the ps4 is my main console so i pretty much buy all the new games lol just thought you might as well add me on ps4 as your already on my xbox list , yes i do own a head set and will prob be playing games like battlefield hardline , borderlands ect , i get most new games so if u need a extra player just give a shout
Danny_936 2 years ago
I forgot about Borderlands box set, I'll get at some point too, Not sure about BF Hardline, The beta was okay but I prefer BF4 a lot more, Good to know you get most games as its always good to have someone to reliable to play co op games.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
@ Bindiani, that is not what I am saying, Danny keeps banging on about hating black borders, and that what usually comes with cinematic games. I personally do not have a problem with cinematic games or black borders.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
yeah i have that problem as well finding co op partners had to play dying light mostly on my own as not many people play it lol or some of the other games
Danny_936 2 years ago
I've got Dying Light on the Xbox one but no one to play it with as they're all still on the Xbox 360 apart from one person.
Kwan 2 years ago
Chinese new year tomorrow, will be celebrating with the fam, doing a lot of tidying up around the house like every CNY. Treated myself to a new phone, some books, and best of all - PS store sale, will be buying Danganronpa 1 + 2, Persona 4.
Danny_936 2 years ago
@supernice, The reason why I have mentioned black borders a while back is because they're annoying distraction, I don't need black bars in my games to make them cinematic, There's absolutely no need for them at all within games as all they do is take up real estate on the screen and completely ruin the whole atmosphere of the game even while using an high end headset, which is why I traded in The Evil Within.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Free copy of Joy Ride Turbo for 360 code TJXCM-PF7Y2-PW6MP-PQWC2-X447Z
Finally got something for the Bamco VIP corner. http://www.bandainamcogames.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/naruto-shippuden-dxf-shinobi-relations-itachi F5 was my friend
While I tend to agree that the "Cinematic" black bars are annoying most of the time there are some instances where it works. Dragon's Dogma did it will (imo) & this Oblivion mod does it well http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45492/?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
The cinematic look is what put me off playing the Evil Within as much, the camera was just too close to the back of the character it made it really difficult to see things. Dragons Dogma I didn't mind it in though. Not really feeling the Order just now, I will probably pick it up cheaper especially with taking an average of 6 hours to complete. I know it should be quality of quantity but that is pretty terrible I fell, especially with no option for multiplayer.
Doesn't The Evil Within have an option to turn off the black bars?
Danny_936 2 years ago
Unfortunately it doesn't Nox.
PC Master Race strikes again!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I know I could get the PC version for cheap and have the black bars removed but it all seems like too much effort. If they can't be bothered giving people the option then I won't bother with getting the game.
Danny_936 2 years ago
@Zombie that last sentence cracked me like lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
just get a massive telly , problem solved lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Or sit closer to your existing one..
Danny_936 2 years ago
No TV's suck for gaming because of the huge amount of input lag and response time/refresh rate, Which is very noticeable within Call of Duty, I have a 50" 3D LED TV that I only use for Sky+ HD and I already sit about 2 maybe be 2 and a half foot away from my 24" monitor, Point is games aren't movies, If I want an cinematic experience then I'll watch a movie.