Thursday Chat: February 19

It's Thursday.

There's not many new releases this week, but The Order 1886 is out tomorrow. So who has pre-order it? Are you excited about Ready at Dawn's cinematic title? Our review will be live later today, so we'll let you know what we think later.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 19 Feb, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I read somewhere that 40% of the ready short the order game is cut scenes.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
*all ready short.
First episode of RE Revelations 2 is due tomorrow, I'll be downloading that, along with they season pass, also got Sonic and Megaman Amiibo's coming tomorrow.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
My copy of The Order arrived yesterday and ^^ yes it has ALOT of cut scenes! I finished the game in one sitting ( including food and tea breaks ) it took me just over 7 hours. If a game was judged just on graphics, which lets be honest a lot of journalists tend to mainly focus on then it would score HIGH, stunning looking but in my opinion good but nothing new gameplay, once finished I was left with ... "What could of been" ...... Enjoyable but not worth the asking price, well not for me.
Said all along it looked meh.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
It doesn't look as you so ignorantly put it 'meh' It just looks like it isn't worth the £40 they want for it. I bet if the asking price was between £15-£20 it would be a belter of a game.
Reducing the price won't make it a better game.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
No where did old timer say it was a bad game. He basically said it isn't worth the asking price.
Meh doesn't mean bad, it means nothing special.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
You know what, you're right.. I'll give you that one.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Glad I skipped the Order 1886. It has been the most expensive game since launch, and being a short game is a real turn off. It is only selling because of its amazing graphics. Dying Light next week, but looking forward to ScreamRide in a couple of weeks more so, that is a lot cheaper and will give unlimted gameplay (only limited by your imagination), no where near as good looking as The Order but will give way more value for money.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
playing it now, yeah price is way too high, but price factor out of the question , its damn a good game, excellent story
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
a damn good game
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Is it just single player Jay or is there any online co op?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Single Player, yes i agree wholly with the crazy price for a short story, shame really as its so polished, so smooth, and brilliant storytelling, but if the release price was half this, you would have very high review scores indeed as the length is the only fault i can find
Michael 2 years ago
I wouldn't go that far it has re hashed boss fights and tons of qte that isn't implemented very well, it's definitely an avoid rather than a buy, anyone unsure about this game go check the kotaku review it has video to back up why it isn't worth owning, it's flawed as hell, very short and definitely not worth full price the only positive is it looks great really and plays alright, no things to level up or skills to enhance it isn't even as good as other 3rd person games like gears of war etc 20 quid game this at best and what's with borders on games these days it serves no purpose.
I told you all that it would be the PS4's Ryse. Though I assume that this isn't a bore to play
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Lol probably a blessing that mine didn,t turn up (thanks shop to) might just send it back and get a refund then buy it when its cheaper still got plenty of xbox games to crack on with
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
this is my opinion, I dont mind qte, Ive banged it straight on hard too and am searching for all viewable items so ive got a 10 plus hour campaign, im happy with that, I finished the last of us first time within ten hours
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
its getting a right hammering on the reviews on the net some as low as 4/10
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I don't give a monkeys about reviews lol, If I want to try it I will pick it up, I can always bang it straight on eBay if I feel its bad, Already got The Order active on a 3 day auction now , simply because I know I will have completed it sometime tomorrow, hehe, so im not saying its a keeper, just I am still greatly enjoying it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah I look at it this way if I buy for say £45 complete it and enjoy it then sell it/ trade it in for say £35 it only cost me £10 which is about the cost of a cinema ticket. I prefer my 3rd person action games so was always going to try this game.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Im at 35 quid now, its only been on half an hour
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
I have never understood the "this isn't the right price for a game that is only 7-8 hours" opinion. It would mean we are happy to pay £200 for a Destiny, Skyrim or Dark Souls as I sure as hell get hours in them.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
£40 is about the average cost of a new game, this one is close to £50. Popular / more lengthy games people would be willing to spend £50/55 on. The Order seems to be selling loads, and with not much replayability, and only single player, there will be loads for sale, the more people selling a game the faster the price will drop. It will probably be about £20 in a months time, for preowned. You can even rent the game too, from £3.99, even if subbed for a tenner, could play the game over the weekend and get something else.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I will probably get it when It comes down on price, it was a choice for me between this or Monster Hunter 4 and I figured I would get more out of Monster Hunter just now. Nox have you actually played Ryse? I wouldn't have said it was a bore, it could have done a lot better but it also had a pretty fun multiplayer mode to keep it going.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
So by me selling my copy of the order allows you to get it cheaper, faster, THANKS JAY
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@DynamiteWhyte you browse to much ign.. that's exactly what one of there guys said.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
I never visit IGN, can't get on anywhere at work bar Polygon really. And £40 isn't the average price, it is for some games like Dragon Age. £45-50 is the average price for new games these days.