Monday Chat: February 22

It's Monday, so what did you get up to over the weekend? What games did you play.

We've been playing The Order 1886, Evolve and not much else. We've not been playing much else, well apart from a little Pokemon Shuffle.

So what have you been up to? What games have you been playing?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 22 Feb, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Only managed to get an hour in this weekend which I spent on sleeping dogs.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Ended up completing Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 on Halo MCC, I really enjoyed playing through them and now I just wanna play Halo 5's campaign and see what unfolds.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@danny, i see you avoided dying light again haha.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Oh yeah you just reminded me about that, Here's how that went down, I tried to play it yesterday while my friend (Person I was playing Halo with) was watching football (I don't like football) so I tried play Dying Light instead and it was just incredible boring, I felt like I was forcing myself to play it so I rage deleted the game and thought I would try my luck with getting a refund for it via Xbox.co.uk and I was going along with the totally made up bullshit excuse that every time I tried to play the game that about 30 minutes into it my Xbox one would crash/frezze and that I only have this issue on that game, I told the guy that I had already re-installed the game twice and done a few hard resets and it still doesn't work, So then he agreed to refund me the £54.99 XBL credit as that's how I paid for the game as I originally got a £50 XBL code of eBay for £40 and Microsoft gave £5 something for free that month from the XBL rewards, The refund was applied to my account within a few minutes so I bought the following games along with the season passes, Life is Strange, Telltale Games - Game of Thrones and Telltales Games the Borderlands, I have £11 left of that refund money and I think I will put it towards Resident Evil Revelations 2 when that comes out as I think it is going to be £19.99 digitally as opposed to £34.99 on disc, So yeah that's what happened to Dying Light.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I did something similar last week with origins for the BF4 ultimate shortcut bundle.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Hey up. Played some more of The Order 1886 and played a lot of Peggle with the GF. I've also got a request, does anyone have any recommendations for games similar to Peggle that are on the PS4? My partner's not a big gamer but Peggle has hooked her and I'm hoping to reel her into that part of my life a little more as we genuinely had a lot of fun gaming together on Friday night.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@kaysar this might sound really stupid but a great game which is easy to get into is the rayman game...
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
That's not stupid, I'll give it a search and show her a video. She's got a two year old, too, (who loves Peggle, especially Luna the ghost girl) so if it's a cutsey game, double win.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
What about Little Big Planet 3?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Yeah, I've got that and will see if she fancies trying it again. If I remember correctly it took her awhile to get to grips with the controls and some of the jumps/swings/etc can be difficult for new gamers, and doubly so if it's a series and I can't wait for her.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Although saying all this, she wants to try and play Evolve :P I doubt it'll be more than one five minute try before she decides never to play it again.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
At least she wants to try, you could try searching for some beginner style levels for on Little big planet.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Yeah, I'm very thankful for her to be trying to get into something that I am. She's even let me bring my PS4 to hers as I spend all my time there and as such as I hadn't gamed in over a month. And yeah, I'm sure I could look for some community levels too, although it seems you can't use a "User 1" account as second player on LBP online. Seems it has to be a PSN account (not sure if it needs to be PS+ too) which is annoying
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
What about GTA? you'd be suprised how many women like the carnage they can cause in a game like GTA...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Agree with JoeToots. Lots of females love GTA. What got my girlfriend into gaming was playing Lego games together. Pick a franchise she likes (I started with Harry Potter) and go from there.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Remember on the PS4 the PS+ is used for all the accounts as long as it is set as the home console.
HuniePop! In all seriousness try Freedom Planet (If she likes old school Sonic) If that fails try the Fable series
I would say Persona 4 ass that got my Sister into gaming but I think she might be a unique case
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I'll try and get the Lord of the Rings one. I know she's a big Tolkein fan. And I'm not overly keen on picking up GTA again (and I don't want to bring more consoles to hers) but thank you for the tip. And yeah, I'll just have to set up a second account I guess. Is Freedom Planet on the PS4?
Not on the PS4 but the game could run on a potato. Tbh I doubt it will ever come to consoles as the whole game would need to be redone (Inb4 Strife announces a PS4 version)