Friday Chat: February 27

What are you plans? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Are you doing anything exciting? Let us know what you are up to.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 27 Feb, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Going out for some scran tonight then probs play some Fifa or maybe ASC:U. I remember what i found frustrating about the xbox one.. Only have 7 games installed to it and i'm already under 50% hard drive left. I put Halo in last night thinking i could get a cheeky mission or 2 in.. 18gb update..... FFFFFUUUUUUUU I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY YOU ANYWAY!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Mines always around 80% full but I just delete games and re-download em if I really wanna play em again, I have fast internet so it never takes longer then a few hours, I looked into getting 100mb or 152mb internet yesterday with virgin media but unfortunately they're not available in my area so i'll have have to stick with 80mb with sky but I just hate having to pay £16 or £17 a month for line rental.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Oh wow, Really? Well then good luck with downloading your updates/games but what I would be if I was you is invest in a external HDD like 2, 3 or 4TB as I'm guessing better/faster internet is out of the question, other wise you would have upgraded by now?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
This is why I had to get a new 1tb internal drive for my PS4 - the amoutn of games I have that require a mandatory 30-50 gig install to play off the disc is stupid. If I have the disk, let me play without installing. So I have to keep deleting ones I own, however on the PS that means all dlc and patches are deleted with the data so if I want to play again I have to go through the process of re-downloading all extras all over again. Its rather annoying
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yeh I can't upgrade yet. They're still fitting cable everywhere. I will be investing in a external hard drive but just not yet.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I'll be able to manage for now because most single player games once I've done with them will be deleted off of it. It's just games like halo I'll keep. The ones I casually come back for the MP
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Also any xbox one users feel free to add me: Crusty Whopper
No plans for the weekend, but I have shed loads of games that need playing.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
No plans for the weekend so far, depends if the lady friend has her daughter or not. Off for a pub lunch this afternoon and I'm meeting one of my GF's friends tonight (he's stopping over from Manchester). By all accounts he's a FIFA fan so probably play that with him whilst he catches up with her. Otherwise, see how it goes. Hopefully get a blast on Evolve with my mate, or I'll try and get The Order 1886 finished. It's not a brilliant game, but the storyline is just captivating enough to keep me going. Just wish I hadn't paid full price for it and waited awhile instead.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 2 years ago
Well, it is going to be a very busy weekend (family matters and so on). I hope that I will have enough time to play some more of The Evil Within. Also I want to play The Bright Lord DLC for Shadow of Mordor, but I don't believe that I will have enough time to do that.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I plan on playing the games I planned on playing last weekend (minus Space Engineers), which last weekend got stuffed due to Virgin Media failure - everyone lost all their services on Sunday and Monday, and that is phone, internet and TV, which made it difficult to phone up to complain, but at least mobile services was not affected. I have never experienced such major downtime before, and even in extreme bad weather outages have been a lot shorted and has not affected everything. Fortunately I have Sky and not VM TV. Also I may play Dying Light
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Anyone here used eBay's Argos click n collect service? I've just started it using it and its incredibly convenient for me, I just picked up 8 eBay orders and another 6 will be ready to pickup on Monday.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
@ShopTo could you please chime in on my Support Ticket since my PS4 has become faulty and I wish for it to be collected. Trying to reach one of the reps ASAP, sadly my gaming looks to be nullified this weekend :(
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Just got in an HP running on an i5 and an NVidia chip. Pretty great so far and LOVING PC gaming :) :)!! Purchased loads of games for the system as it is already and will definitely be playing NarutoStorm3 on it this weekend as it looks and plays gorgeously, FAR BETTER than on the home consoles, more New Age and almost like a different game to the 360 version I'd been playing till now! Just hoping KF '94 Re-bout gets released on PC some time soon :)!
NS3:Full Burst is locked at 30fps, but I do agree that it just feels better on PC
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Oh, is it? I wouldn't have guessed, it just looks and plays that fluidly as you say 'just feels better on PC' somehow! I never even saw the roof of the Five Kage summit stage before during a character's super move until I was playing the pc version! Also, some characters' super moves just make the character seem scarier; Orochimaru's super moves never made much sense to me before and now they have a tendency to creep me out! Also, got in Ridge Racer Unbounded but have yet to fire him up! Can't wait to get Split/Second for PC either as from online demos it looks fab on PC once more!! You doing anything on PC this weekend Tan?
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Sure hope ShopTo holds a Mario Kart online tournament this Spring as there are new tracks to compete on. Anyone up for that? Also, wouldn't mind an MK X shopto tournament on Xbox One to compete against others on this network and maybe bag a runner-up prize :)!!
Play Dota (As usual) some FFXIII, some Valkyria Chronicles, & maybe get of my backside and record some videos (Doubt that)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
JoeToots I've added you on Xbox one, My gamer-tag is "Mashable PixeIs" but the I in PixeIs is a capital i
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
@Danny How often does your Sky Broadband go down? My internet was on and off last night again too. My internet with Virgin Media is 50MB and costs £43.18 per month which includes line rental of £16.99. Line Rental was a requirement with broadband too. I may switch to Sky if you can get 80MB and is cheaper, but when looking at the Sky site the best I can get is 40MB, plus may need installation. Slower internet is better than no internet.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
It's been down/offline 2 times in 3 years, 1st time was because BT broke the green box on the street and the other time was due to really bad weather. My internet is £30 PCM and is Sky Fiber Pro which on paper is 79.99 down and 19.99 up but I actually get 75 down and 17 up with no data caps but I do have to pay line rental which I'm guessing is £16 PCM? I'm not sure as my entire Sky package is £109 PCM. What speeds do you actually get on your ADSL connection because I don't think you'll be getting anything close to 50 on an ADSL connection before I had Fiber the maximum my line could take was 19 down and 2 up (£10 PCM) with Sky, BT, O2 and Virgin (About 5 years ago, I choose Sky as at the time they offered the best ADSL deal) and just over 2 years ago Sky sent me a letter saying that Fiber is available in my area so I just pick the phone up and and upgraded from 19 down, 2 up £10 PCM to 75 down, 17 up £30 PCM. I also have everything networked and wired up using Ethernet cables and a splitter/switcher box.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It being down 2 times in 3 years is really good. Sky brag 99.9% reliability and VM brag high speeds. This year alone if the 99.9% is based per year, then after last week with it being down for over 24 hours VM reliability is already down to 99.5% and still has 10 months to go. My Sky TV only goes down when in bad weather, but VM TV seems to go down / not solid more often. Last year there was loads of bad weather and Sky TV was down a lot so I took up VM TV for a month, and in that month there was a lot of freezing. Virgin Media internet was unstable in Dec too - every 30 mins kept losing connection for about 1 min. It does not affect web browsing much but can royally screw up online games. When trying to do the race event in Star Trek online, I lost connection and the game then logs you out, then it fails the event and have to wait another day to do it again. The connection varies with 50MB, it depends on how reliable the Xbox ONE connection test is, the best result comes back with 53MB, I do not think it is ADSL, but do it several times then it can be as low as 20 or 30MB, but I find that is usually when downloading stuff at the same time. When I redownloaded Halo MCC the other day, on my 500GB Xbox ONE it was downloading it at around 45MB/s and that was via wireless connection, and took about 4 hours. I think the up speed is about 1-10MB, the up speed is not that great, but will have to double check, I only mainly take notice of the down speeds.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I would just cancel Virgin and get Sky, Simple reason is you would get better, fast and more stable internet, Every time I do a Speed Test while not downloading it will say always say 75 down and 17 up, So much so I could put more on it but for obvious reasons (Bandwidth) when I am downloading something my download speed will be slower until that something has finished downloading.