Latest version of Project Morpheus shown off in new video

Sony's released a video to show us the new Project Morpheus headset, it's new virtual reality device which it hopes to launch in 2016.

We're still not sure what to make of the device, but whether it's successful or not will ultimately come down to price.

What do you think?

Edited On 05 Mar, 2015

Comments
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
Im sure like the PS4 with its lack of promise fulfilled this will sell 10 million units in 10 minutes or something I won't go near this with a bargepole ta very much I don't fancy this whatsoever soever ever!!!!. Ive supported sony day one since the PS2 and have just been utterly disappointed and as the PS4 just continues to underwhelm me its a really pretty box to charge my vita from.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I can't see this getting much support off of developers.
Jason 2 years ago
Just cant understand even now how Sony are selling so much units the console is lacking in every department to the XB1. Its truly one of lifes mysterys
Neil 2 years ago
Personally I feel both the Xbone and PS4 are lacking in the game availability but PS4 currently looks to have the brighter future hence the sales on the console. I want 2 exclusives for the Xbone which release dates have not even been announced yet... PS4 I have maybe 5 on my list. So many companies are announcing VR I'm not sure how they are all going to sustain
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
PS4 had a bright future, and will only keep having a bright future if Xbox ONE becomes a true contender, as Sony do not have the funds like MS do, so while the console is selling they are not going to be pouring funds into it to be the best, when it is not needed. When the PS3 was behind, they gave us tonnes of top free games via PS+, now the PS4 is ahead, they have reduced the number of free games. I do not care if PS4 is ahead but Xbox ONE needs to get more sales so Sony put more effort into the PS4 to stay ahead and bring out the best. Also MS will probably buy up less exclusives, and games like Minecraft, Tomb Raider and Elite Dangerous will be available on both PS4 and Xbox ONE at the same time.
Neil 2 years ago
Tomb Raider has an at least timed exclusive spot for MS, unless they buy the company lol
If the Morpheus is locked to Sony platforms then it's going to fail, HARD.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
yes, Tomb Raider is timed exclusive, so is Elite, but if Xbox ONE was not so far behind PS4 in sales then there would be no exclusivity and PS4 owners would be enjoying these games at the same time as Xbox owners. There was not much full game timed exclusivity with PS3 and Xbox 360 in the end, as both consoles were pretty much equal.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Project Morpheus is one of the reasons why I am interested in the PS4 as I think its a much better product then Microsoft's HoloLens, I know Project Morpheus is VR and HoloLens is AR but personally i'd rather have VR, I wouldn't mind having an Oculus Rift but I doubt that it'll be compatible with either the PS4 or the Xbox one.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I feel VR will have to break through into the PC market before it succeeds in the console market only due to the fa t they're working with very limited hardware when it comes to the consoles.
There is already a bunch of VR games on PC. Hell Elite Dangerous fully supports the Oculus 2
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yeh but what I mean is that he needs to break through from a consumer point of view. What developers in there right mind is going to develop a console game that fully supports Morpheus for such a nichè market?