Friday Chat: March 13

What are you plans? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Are you doing anything exciting? Let us know what you are up to.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 13 Mar, 2015

Comments
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
A lot, but no gaming. Tonight I'm travelling with my girlfriend to the next city over to sell her car, tomorrow I'm in Manchester on a uni course, and Sunday is Mother's Day (polite reminder peeps) so I've got some family over in the evening, although I'll be waiting for a plumber during the day. I may try and sneak in some Evolved on my phone, else I'll probably get no gaming time.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Same old weekend old me.. same old blasting it and that giving it big bits and, I'm having a fat ket and beake sesh.
PHILIP 2 years ago
@JoeToots.... Fat Ket and Beake sesh ? Whats that ? :-) Well I've decided it is time to go into the loft and sort through all my old computers and game consoles.... Not touched them in years so it may be time to part with them... Grandstand table top consoles (Astro wars/Caveman etc), Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Snes, Ps1/2, N64, Gamecube, Wii, 360 .. Going to be a tough decision to sell - Apart from the spectrum... setimental reasons make that impossible to even consider - so that will pretty much fill Saturday - Mothers day Sunday so all time accounted for already and be back to bloody work Monday before I know it :-(
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Where are you planning on selling, Philip? I still have a lot of my old consoles and wouldn't mind picking up games/parts/consoles. So if you do decide to sell, would you mind putting a link on the forum somewhere?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Na i'm joking i'll probs just play abit of Cod haha
Will be hammering raid mode on Revelations 2 mainly, should probably try and finish something on 3DS or Wii U too, got a big backlog at the moment and Mario vs DK is out next week.
PHILIP 2 years ago
@Kaysar I will let you know on Monday if I am going to sell anything and it will be Ebay ok mate. The Dreamcast went before Christmas so I no longer have that and the Spectrum reminds me of my last Christmas with my Dad (1986) so never will sell but I can't see you interested in that as compared to most of you guys I am probably the oldest one on here at 41.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
You'd be surprised. I'm only 29 (only!) but I still have all my old computers from my first Amiga 600+ (we upgraded it, wooh!). I just seem to have lost games and controllers over the years, and my brother has my PS2 so I'm open to picking up a new one of those, one day. I don't know what Amiga you have, but looking on ebay, the 600s are going for between £75 and £150
i keep thinking about grabbing myself a C64 for old times sake, but I'm not sure I could go back to waiting half an hour for a tape to load, even turboload would be a pain in the arse these days.
Michael 2 years ago
Philip if you have any megadrive, mega cd or 32x games let me know I'd be interested in buying, still play on my sega clusterf**k as much as my xbone and probably more than my wii u lol. Zombie army trilogy, ultra street fighter 4 and a drinking sesh tomorrow after I finish my night shift and had a kip.
Kwan 2 years ago
Sadly have a uni deadline next week, not much gaming for me as I have to work too :( FF type 0 is pre ordered though, buzzing to try out the FF15 demo :D
PHILIP 2 years ago
Gloria Turboload still gives me nightmares now - - - tape f**king loading errors.. The Eidolon and Rescue on Fractalus on the C64 were amazing for their time - REAL 3d - ahem.... Gonna be a retro filled weekend....
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Micheal I am in the process of selling my 32x and mega cd games anything you looking for in particular?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Also anyone seen Games marketplace seems to be up and running seems to be doing the same as what Play.com did.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I have been tempted with getting the C64, as I never had one, and I stuck faithful with the Spectrum (I had the rubber 48K one, then the +2, +3 and Sam Coupe) which lasted me all the way to the N64. the loading times were not so much a nightmare if you had disk drives, all loaded in within seconds. Although still had to wait for tapes to load, and then capture the image to disk, but nowadays is probably worse if you play digitally. On 50MB connection it takes 4 hours to download the Halo Master Chief collection
Michael 2 years ago
Mortal kombat 2 on the 32x would be nice, knuckles chaotix as well and Switch on the mega cd Bindiana.
Michael 2 years ago
Oh and I'm after a ram cart for my mega cd as well.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Good old google images I couldn't find my copy protection colour chart for jet set willy.. :-)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
@ Michael I do have all 3 of those but Knuckles chaotix less inclined to sell as its pretty much mint condition and is worth a crazy amount. I presume by Switch you mean double Switch? as I have Double Switch.
Michael 2 years ago
Nah switch is a jap game where you press switches and daft things happen I don't remember if it got a uk release back in the day or not, I'd keep hold of knuckles chaotix if I was you its worth too much to sell. Only kolibri and that crappy Spider-Man game is worth more than chaotix oh and darkxide as well but I'm not paying a grand for an asteroids clone lol. Mortal kombat 2 is better on the 32x than the ps1 version because of no load times ;) so I want it lol just tell me what you want for them anyway and I will make you an offer, if you have musha on the megadrive let me know (another game worth a fortune but it's brilliant).