Square has some surprises for us this year

Final Fantasy developer Square Enix has multiple surprises for us this financial year, according to Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda.

“For fiscal 2015, I think we have a considerable amount of high-end games both inside and outside the country,” Matsuda said in a Nikkei interview.

“I think we’ll have a little surprise, too,” he added, and then explained that he means “a JRPG for home game machines,” although we've no idea if he's talking about the PC version of Final Fantasy VII coming to PS4.

“With respect to HD titles for 2015, our Japanese and Western studios are both bolstering their lineups considerably, so it’d be wise to keep an eye on them,” he said.

Sounds like there could be some surprises in the works then.

What would you like to see from Square?

Edited On 18 Mar, 2015

Comments
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
Here's hoping it's FRONT MISSION 3 HD REMASTERED for PS4 ;-)
Kojiro-Uchiha's avatar
Kojiro-Uchiha 2 years ago
Hopefully they will be good surprises. Heavensward collectors edition priced at £129 was a surprise but I doubt anyone is happy about it. Personally i'd like to see Final Fantasy XII HD and Kingdom Hearts 3D HD if possible :)
Neil 2 years ago
Yea, I'd take some FFXII HD
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Something new would be nice. We dont always need remakes.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i've just noticed you have a FF XIV expansion on sale! I dunno wether to get it - I need to renew my contract as i've not played for a while but I really enjoyed that game. I don't know if they will have a discount for people with FF XIV as it is essentially just a dlc pack for it. I'm going to wait until closer to the time, but the dragons look cool!! I recon it will be a 3ds/vita game ported across to the ps4 and xbone
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Won't just be English verion of 'project z' will it?!?! Hope it's something else. http://gematsu.com/2015/01/square-enix-announces-spelunker-z-ps4