God of War III Remastered announced for PS4 *update* Pre-order now

God of War III Remastered has been announced for PlayStation 4 and you can pre-order now. The game will be released on July 17, 2015.

One of the most critically acclaimed games of the last generation, God of War III brings the epic battles and carnage to life with 1080p gameplay targeting 60FPS.

Sounds good to us.

Here's the announce trailer.

Edited On 23 Mar, 2015

Comments
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
Sony are just full of innovation and surprises this generation aren't they ;)
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@inspector 74 theres a new God of war in the works and this game is to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series this is for the fans
If they are celebrating the series, wouldn't a remaster of the original game be more appropriate?
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@Gloria god of war 3 is the easiest one to remaster ps3 to ps4 does not require much but a ps2 to ps4 would take a while
PHILIP 2 years ago
Fantastic series and I Loved God of war 3 I even "platinumed" it (maze section on hard difficulty made me swear many times) but I would'nt play it again I thought it looked great in its original Ps3 form. Excellent for people who have not played it yet though.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I think Sony and Microsoft should have named their consoles differently, should have been called ... Xbox/PlayStation Remastered Editions!
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
adding to my previous comment theres a rumour that the new god of war is set after god of war 3 instead of a prequel with different mythology so it's two birds with one stone scenario celebrating 10 years of the series and reminding those who what happened previously
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It should not take too long get GOW 1 and 2 redone, as they were already redone for PS3, along with the PSP games. There are several packages. collection 1 has GOW 1 and 2, and collection 2 has the PSP games, plus re-released under Essentials, and in the US all 5 games were released in one package, God of War Saga. It would have been good if they re-did all 6 games on PS4. and included Ascension.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
No need for anyone to be surprised. God of War has been remastered so many times. There will be s Collection 3 with Ascension and 3 out after this.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Not surprising, but it is a tad annoying just how many "remastered editions" are coming out this next gen. For all consoles.
LAA's avatar
LAA 2 years ago
...And ShopTo are charging £49 for it... Why are we still getting this "next gen" tax? You're honestly pushing me away ShopTo, still selling Bloodborne got £49, I'm getting it for £39 from else where, much more reasonable.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
This is one game I seem to have missed on PS3, so I may have gotten this, but chances are there will be another collection with Ascension as mentioned, so will wait, plus not getting it for £50 when in the US they are selling it for $40 (£26.93). £50 is no doubt temporary but still anything over £40 is a no sale.
Making my point for me Triforce Protector, if they're really doing it to celebrate the series they would have taken the time and trouble to remaster the original rather than going for the easy cash grab.
tgo's avatar
tgo 2 years ago
And I'm out. How does $39.99 US RRP translate to £49.99 with a £54.99RRP?!, WTF! It should be £25 max. Not blaming you guys, you don't set the RRP but seriously?
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@Gloria like i said in my last comment it probably because the next god of war picks up where god of war 3 left off (not sure how they are going to do it though should be interesting)
And that just smacks of protecting future investments rather than celebrating past events. The word anniversary means to celebrate something that happened on that day in the past, and as the start of that franchise that would be the first game, not the last one, as that didn't happen 10 years ago.
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@Gloria it can be both celebrating a game series and protecting future investments try not to look at thing so negitivly like most people seem to do in the comments sections
I'm being impartial, it's not that hard to remaster a 10 year old game, Nintendo did it without the need of an anniversary.
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@Gloria to be fair all that nintendo has for wii u at least is first party stuff oh and wind waker hd (made to celebrate it's 10th anniversary) does'nt count does it?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Wind Waker counts more for a 10 year anniversary than GoW3 does, as GOW3 remake just celebrates 5 years. Many people on the playstaton blog agree that GOW3 on its own is not much of a 10th anniversary celebration. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/20/god-war-iii-remastered-coming-ps4-july/ Checking out another site it seems that they do not plan on remastering any other GOW game, but after those comments on the blog they may do, because if people have missed the others then will not bother getting this. It really is not hard to get the other GOW games on PS4, even if it is just ports and no further remastering of the PS3 remasters.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Gloria being impartial? ..........riiiiiight
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Is it just me or weren't the first 2 games already remastered for PS3 and Vita? so surely now it's the turn of the 3rd game to get the treatment? besides, isn't the 3rd one more likely to benefit graphically from a PS4 remaster than the previous 2 games? really can't see with the first 2 games how they're gonna benefit more from being on ps4 than they already did on ps3... Also the price.... surely it's a placeholder? we have the same complaining every time a remaster is put for pre-order and then the price goes down nearer the time
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Ascension could have done with a remaster too, and made it Collection 3. It is not too bad if you had a PS3 and then have a PS4, but a lot of people skipped PS3 and just had Xbox 360, and now skipping Xbox ONE and getting PS4. That was the reasoning behind The Last of US. They had a great opportunity doing all games on PS4, like Halo MCC, the first Halo was already remastered on xbox 360 and then that was ported to Xbox ONE, and Halo 2 was a true remaster for xbox ONE. I guess the 10 year celebration is remaster GOW 3 on PS4 and offer the other games on PS3 at discount via the PSN store, as GOW 3 is not available for PS3 on the PSN store. When I go to buy Ascension on the PSN store it asks me to choose between a £7.99 (£7.19 for PS+ members) version and a £15.99 version - whats the difference? An error? Collection 2 had this option too earlier today, but is now only £7.99.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Tony, fair point about the people who have moved to ps4 from 360 but you lost me halfway through your 3rd sentence at which point I quit reading for my own sanity
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I blame the site, when ever I post on other sites where I can write with proper paragrpahs I always get treated with respect, but here where everything is a huge wall of text and can't do anything about it, and even checking back through it is hard through a wall of text, I get treated like I am nutso!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
TLDR version: 1) Sony could have taken a leaf out of MS book and did a GOW collection like the Halo MCC, 2) Sony seem to be ripping customers off with Ascension by giving people 2 versions to buy, but yet they must be the same version, 1 for £7.99 and 1 for £15.99. Collection 2 was like this earlier but is now only has one choice - £7.99. I wonder how many people will pay £15.99 thinking that it is a more complete version, when it is really the same?
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@superniceguy, RTFL said it right the 3rd one has not had the remastered treatment it seems right that this is the game that celebrates the series
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
The PS3 had all games, it just seems silly to have just GOW 3 on PS4 with newcomers left out of the other games, unless they go buy a PS3 (or PS2) as well. GOW 1 is 10 years old, and the best way to celebrate the 10 years is either remaster the 1st game (with the others to follow), or do a package with at least the first 3 games. I missed GOW3 on PS3, but even having a PS4 just getting that one game, I am hesitant in getting it. and may just get the PS3 version instead still. If they released the other games all in one package (even just GOW 1-3) I would buy that collection without hesitation. As one person said In the playstation blog, it is like remastering the Star Wars movies, and only redoing Return of the Jedi, Yub Nub!
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 years ago
@superniceguy except god of war 3 was built for ps3 the first 2 were hd ports it's the only one of the console series not to get an updated version i think thats why they chose it over the first 2