Wednesday Chat: April 15

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 15 Apr, 2015

Comments
PHILIP 2 years ago
Just noticed Donkey Kong 64 is now on virtual console Wii U. I never did get round to playing it in the 90's has anyone downloaded it yet and can say is it worth it or is it a case of rose tinted glasses ?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
ive already picked it up, plus mario 64, the memories, such a great game
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Just reading through some of the GTA V user reviews on steam. Some of them are brilliantly thought up haha http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/
Got DK64 too, some of the controls are a little fiddlier than I remember, but it's still a great game.
My Mewtwo codes just arrived, looks like I'll be playing some Smash Bros today.
Looks like they've patched in a bunch more 8 player Smash stages too, with this, and the MK8 DLC & 200cc next week and Splatoon next month it's a great time to be a Wii U owner.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
^Lol you don't half come out with some rubbish.. a patch, a DLC and a game makes it a 'great' time to be a Wii U owner... if that's what gets you off then fair play.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Lol games release each week on every console , witcher 3 next month great time to be a ps4 /xbox owner
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@Dark don't forget the bloodborne patch and also Dragon Ball Xenoverse GT pack 2 DLC..
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
GTA V this month, Witcher 3 next month, great time to be a PC owner! Both games are better on PC than console
Guild Wars 2. Nuff said
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Superniceguy only better if you have the hardware to run them better ;) lucky i do then ;)
Kwan 2 years ago
I wouldn't say a 'great' time to be a wii u owner but it's certainly not bad. Things could be a lot better. MK8 dlc tracks look superb once again. Best Mario Kart in the series IMO. Splatoon seems like a great IP with a colourful twist :) My worries with Nintendo are how they wrap their customers in cotton wool. We all know there's no voice chat in splatoon. I think it's absurd to not be able to talk to my friends online when i'm playing a public game on MK8 or even during Smash Bros (albeit you can hear them on the results screen). YES YES children are protected and I don't have to hear any fools spouting nonsense, but to not be able to talk to my friends?! Nintendo need to catch up with the times.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
If you are a PC gamer you will have the hardware to run them. I currently do not have the hardware to run the Witcher 3, but will do. Also the Witcher 3 on PC is affected by saves from the previous Witcher(s), so gameplay will be different on PC if you have previous Witcher saves. This feature will not be on PS4 or Xbox ONE as the previous games were not on them.
I you want to talk to your friends while playing online just open up Skype like a normal person :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Not really Tony. That's the same as saying if you're a F1 fan you're going to own a Ferrari. Not everyone has money to throw on upgrades every time a new batch of gpus and cpus come out. Heck I know people still running 4 year old cards who consider themselves PC gamers.
I think it's been said that The Witcher 3 will have the same options The Witcher 2 had when you didn't import a save
If it's a 4 year old AMD card then you won't get THAT far but if it's an Nvidia GPU then I would say they might still be good. Nvidia do a better job of supporting their cards than AMD does (imo)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I know but the point I'm trying to make is that I'm no more of a PC gamer using a recent card than someone who is using older hardware.
True. I would call someone who updates regularly an Enthusiast
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
The F1 analogy does not quite work, as with playing PC games you need a PC, but do not need a Ferrari to be a F1 fan and enjoy it on TV. With my current hardware I can not run Witcher 3, so now that means I will have to get new hardware, as I would rather continue playing Witcher 3 on PC than on Xbox ONE. If they released Wicther 1 and 2 with Witcher 3 on Xbox ONE, I may have gotten the Xbox ONE version. A PC Gamer who does not play on consoles would get new PC hardware than get a console to continue playing. If you can not play games you are not a gamer! SWTOR made me buy a new PC. as that game is PC only. There is always a need for a PC, but consoles I could live without. If the next gen consoles are not backwards compatible in any way then I will not bother with consoles ever again. There is no need for remasters on PC, as all you need to do is upgrade your PC, and you will have a remaster!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
You shouldn't need to open up Skype to have a conversation on a game your playing on your console...
I've always hated how crap the mics are for consoles. Even a crappy laptop has a better one
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
That's why you buy a decent one, The ones that come with any console are simply throwaways.
Michael 2 years ago
I almost cancelled my preorder of Splatoon when I read it wasn't going to have voice chat online but at the end of the day my step son and niece will still enjoy it but come on nintendo for a fps where teamwork is essential how can you possibly omit such a feature it isn't 1990. Currently having a blast on mortal kombat x on the xbone it's a cracking game and the best fighter I have played next to ultra street fighter 4 in the last few years, highly recommend it.
I never ever used the ones that come with the consoles. (partly cos I never get them) My last console headset I bought was the PX5 & even that had a bad mic (imo) Console Headets are overpriced & have no other use
PHILIP 2 years ago
I agree big mistake splatoon missing voice chat it was one of the few Wii u titles I wanted... won't be bothering with it now. I have always loved Nintendo and always will they have made some fantastic games but sadly I am struggling to warrant a reason to keep the Wii U now. Not trying to upset anyone its just my opinion.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
sent back Akiba'S trip from rental company as Plat on PS4 (amazing game) and they sent me the Order - played for an hour and i'm bored now so gonna leave it til weekend - its pretty much just a quick time event game isnt' it - its like A tell tale game- thought it would have had some action by now where I wasn't just waiting to press X over and over again. Glad I didn't buy this game
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
The Order will get better for you further you get in with some difficult chapters. It isn't for everybody