Friday Chat: April 24

What are you plans? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Are you doing anything exciting? Let us know what you are up to.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 24 Apr, 2015

Comments
Mario Kart is going to be dominating my weekend I think, also got a Wario Amiibo coming today, and think there's a Nintendo Direct later today covering X.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Will give NBA15 a go for definite as it is free, plus maybe the previous Witchers on PC, the usuall MMO rotation, including more TESO on PC (I am not invited to Xbox Beta, but no worries as have the main game on PC to play instead!), Neverwinter on Xbox ONE, State of Decay on Xbox 360, another episode of the Walking Dead Series 1 on Xbox ONE and maybe Survival Instinct on Xbox 360, Escape Dead Island (I personally prefer this to the original games) I will have a break from Sunset Overdrive and Mordor as they are no longer doing weekly challenges, and I have been playing these games on a weekly basis since they were released, but there are some Saints Row challenges needing doing now.
hanzoadam's avatar
hanzoadam 2 years ago
Dragon quest heroes, I received my copy from Japan yesterday it's a lot of fun so far, so gonna be playing that maybe try finish Senran Kagura Estival Versus too
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Working & trophy hunting on Destiny. Tried ESO Beta on PS4, God it is awful. thankfully I have Witcher coming
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Steam are letting people Sell their mods for skyrim and the creator gets 25% with Steam getting 75% (split with the developer o the game) - pathetic, will not be touching any mods on there then i guess. if an update or another mod breaks the one you paid for then you are screwed, all you can do is 'politely tell the creator what has happened on the mod page' - stupid
Neil 2 years ago
Are those figures right for the split? That is horrendous, if anyone should get that 75% it's the actual game devs or the modder, not Steam...
The cut for Skyrim mods are 30% Steam - 45% Bethesda - 25% Mod Author. Also while Steam cooked up this scheme it was Bethesda that decided the revenue split
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
have you got a linkn to that split info? there is nothing one the sites i've looked at and google which states how the 75% is being shared. it just says you get 25% (less if you used another mod in yours as it splits between all of you) and you ONLY get paid if you reach 100 dollars and you are only paid i dollars. So if you sell 99 dollars worth then you are not getting anything back. The 75% is decided by the developer supposedly - if it was why would they give steam anything? surely they would chose to keep it all?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
loads of people are protesting it though and Gabe has said if it isn't beneficial then he will disable it. Steam have also stated they will not moderate it, so if you steal from Nexus and upload as your own you could in theory get something for nothing - its down to the community to moderate it and report things like the above. Thats pathetic. if you are going to set this up it needs a proper process with being screened, tested, proved its original and nothing copied then released. Someone (as a joke) has released a bucket to put your rubbish in - as early access - if you buy now you get some wood in a pile, but a future update will put it together as a bucket! funny, but i hope Valve get the message!
I think Chesko posted the split info is on Reddit (Don't quote me) *PLUG TIME* I shared my thoughts in a video https://youtu.be/pep6UiYqQ_A *PLUG TIME* The only things I'm actually unhappy with are the fact that Valve won't have any quality control for this scheme & 25% is too low for the Mod author. Unless Beth are going to take the Paid mods & make them play nice with each other they shouldn't be taking that large of a cut
On the topic on Valves cut. I think the 20% is going to be non negotiable (It should be 10%-15%)