Wednesday Chat: April 29

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 29 Apr, 2015

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you!) is near, and new (old) Star Wars games have been released on Steam and GOG, including the X Wing and Tie Fighter games - apparently better versions on GOG than Steam, also GOG has Rogue Squadron, Galactic Battlegrounds and Rebellion all in one awesome "blaster" bundle. I think I will be getting this.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
just bought myself a PS TV - was on offer and through why not. Now my PS4 can stay next to my PC for streaming and I'll stream to my main TV without having to keep setting it back up. Also means I can play Persona 4 on the telly :)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Ordered myself a PS4 with Battlefield Hardline for £255 of eBay this morning, both of which are brand new so I should get that in Friday, Last week I bought the following games for the PS4; TLOU, Infamous second son and first light, kill zone, borderlands collection and destiny which altogether cost me £108, I also got a blue PS4 controller for brand new for £40 and I'm tempted to order a 2nd one, I already have a decent headset the 2014/2015 Astro A40 with the Mixamp and I'm going to be getting Project Cars and the Witcher 3 but do t think I'll be ordering em via ShopTo due to a lot of people complaining about them being a tad shit with the deliveries as of late.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
There are sales on Star Wars games on the PSN store and Xbox Live marketplace.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Not a Star Wars fan tbh but the upcoming game sounds kind of interesting though, Also with the PS4 I am making an effort to buy all my games on disc as I bought most of my game ps for the Xbox One digitally (from the US store) and it annoyed me that I was stuck with the games when I lost interest in em or simp,y got bored of em so I'm not making that mistake again Plus I think it would look quite nice having a small collection on 20 games or so on a cabinet/shelf.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
MS did say they were going to allow digital trade ins in the future. I tend to buy games digitally if I do not intend to sell them or at a decent price. If you buy them on release and sell them quickly you can lose £10-£15 on it, so if you wait until they get to be around £10 digitally then not much difference. The Telltale collection on PS4, is still on sale for 2 more days, saving £47, if you want more games for your PS4, not disc but a very good price https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-telltale-games-collection/cid=EP2026-NPEJ00413_00-TTG0000000BUNDLE
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Played TWD games on the Xbox One and thet are decent and I'm looking forward to playing season 3. MS say a lot of things but they don't do much and also have you seen there free game for the Xbox One for May? It's embarrassing compared to PS4 offerings even if I think the PS4s games aren't very good at least there's like 4 of em compared to 1.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Hopefully they will bring something in, as people are not going to keep buying digital if they don't but that was said when they were doing DRM, so could end up not happening now. MS do more than Sony. probably too much. MS have come out with some sweet deals and surprises, and releases are usually not delayed but if they are is only a week or two, and last month brought plenty of freebies to make up for May, plus FH2 ft F&F and being free was awesome. Sony are full of long delays and cancellations and false promises: Silent Hills, Drive Club, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo.
Neil 2 years ago
Don't remind me, I'm still annoyed about Silent Hills...
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I was looking forward to Silent Hill also and never got round to playing the PT demo and it's to late now as its getting or been removed from the sore and I'll only get my PS4 on Friday. I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4 but as I've never played Uncharted 1, 2 or 3 I would really like Sony to release a remaster collection as it would be nice to play through em, follow/learn the story then play Uncharted 4 when it releases.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
May mention this tomorrow too, but I'm not getting the new fire emblem anymore I don't think. It advertised 2 paths, choose your side. This has now been announced that means 2 games, like Pokemon, black and white versions. White easy and black permadeath. Supposedly you can buy DLC to add the other to your game as it only affects chapters 6 onwards. But that's a piss take. 2 games when originally announced looking like 2 difficulties that altered the game
The Japanese are getting two versions. When it comes over here we get both of the in one