PlayStation Plus titles for May announced

The PlayStation Plus titles for May have been announced, with Ether One, Guacamelee, The Unfinished Swan and Hohokum, all coming to PS4.

Of course given that a lot of these are cross-buy titles, they will also arrive on PS3 and Vita, with the latter getting the added addition of Murasaki Baby.

Here's the list.

Leaving PS Plus:

6th May: Tower of Guns
6th May: Never Alone
6th May: Dishonored
6th May: Aaru’s Awakening
6th May: Killzone Mercenary
6th May: MonsterBag

Entering PS Plus:

6th May: Ether One (PS4)
6th May: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
6th May: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
6th May: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
6th May: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
6th May: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Edited On 29 Apr, 2015

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
quite a few Ps4 games this month and Vita - only own 1 as well, so thats good.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Not a great selection there, none that I would actually buy, but at least they are free.
PHILIP 2 years ago
I agree but unfinished swan looks "different" so looking forward to that.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Load of shite really tbh but at least there free.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Actually it is not quite free, but £3.33, and there has been quite a few months now where there has been no games I would have bought, and so has not really saved anything. Dishonored last month and Quacalmalee this month was given free with Xbox Games with Gold in the past. If it was not for the fact I would lose access to these games I would cancel, and if they carry on with this quality of games over the next year, I will cancel the PS+ subscription, as should get done with the games I do want to play from it, by next year.
Guacamelee is shite? Now I've heard it all
Neil 2 years ago
I suggest you remove your payment details from any of your accounts with PSN if you're cancelling. I cancelled the autorenew and it somehow activated itself again, likely when I made a one off purchase. Sony do jack shit to resolve the issue so I'll never give them my payment details ever again...
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Yes Nox Guacamelee is shite, Played it on the Xbox One when it was free and deleted after half an hour, Believe it or not but not everyone likes the same games.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Superniceguy I literally have the membership so I can play/talk online with friends, the random games they dish out each month are simply a bonus but tbh if I had a choice I would quite happily swap those free games for free movie rentals as I only really like AAA games, some indie games have been alright like MineCraft, Limbo, Vallent Hearts and Child of Light but the rest have been trash.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
So gucalamelee isn't actually shite, you just think it's shite?
Neil 2 years ago
Could be said about any game
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
@Danny The games on PS+ were awesome, they used to release about 3 or more AAA games per month, now this. I am only subbed to PS+ for the free games, and PS+ discounts, so if it continues then it is not really worth it. I did initially say it was free myself in the first comment on this article, so I was manly correcting my comment more so than yours, as would assume you would get PS+ for online if having PS4 as main console. My online gaming is mainly on Xbox but their games have improved, and getting to be as good as what the free games with PS+ used to be. this month was Gears of Wars Judgement which has been on my wishlist for ages, but did not get around to buy, and if it was not free I would have bought, plus I wanted AC IV Black Flag digitally, so now I can sell the disc version, so Gold is getting super value for money especially when I end up finding deals to renew it for about £20 for a year, as opposed to £40 for PS+. I am not too bothered by no AAA games on PS4 / Xbox ONE, but as long as they keep dishing them out for PS3 / 360 then I will be happy, but nothing on PS3 this month.
When you said "A load of shite" you were making a statement.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Joe, yes I think it's shite but that's not to say it's a shit game just because I think it's shit. Nox they all look shite which of course is my opinioin. I generally prefer proper AAA games as opposed to random indie games apart from a few of em like literally 5 or so.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
if i want a AAA game i do something really strange.... I buy it! i'm sure buying the game helps support it more than the percentage they take from PS+. the small indie games to me are great fillers, If I can't be bothered playing for a long time I'll boot up the PS4 or vita and pop on a new game they gave this month - its something new, something different and usually something short and sweet. just think of the online subscription as payment to use their servers for multiplayer, games are a bonus - just like Xbox live was for the first 5/6 years of its existence minus the free games
"Look like shite" is different from "Are shite"
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
No shit Sherlock, I've bought far to many AAA games over the past 5 years and as I've already said somewhere on this site today I only sub to the membership so that I can play and talk online with other people. I wasn't saying that I've wanted AAA games to be free, I was simply saying that these free games just look trash. Try not twisting my wordS.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
FFS Nox, I've played gucalamelee and IMO it was shite, I've haven't played the other games but (and a fucking gen IMO) they look shite. Is that better for you? Prick!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
wasn't trying to twist your words, just saying, people (not yourself) seem to come on every month and complain because its just indie games - I don't like most the games we get free, but its cost nothing and they kill time, plus some have been fun, recently been going back completing them in-between big releases. i'd rather they gave games most people wouldn't have bought, less chance of them offering games i bought haha! although last month I already owned pretty much everything they offered. I don't mind indie, i'm just bored of pixellated indie games - they need to change their art style like dust for example - pixel games honestly makes me not want to play them - i will but i wont straight away
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
btw, that Ether one looks alright
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Fair enough.
Charming
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Just thought id jump on the Bandwagon, I also thought Guacamelee was shite, But i do like the look of Ether One
Fair enough
Saddler's avatar
Saddler 2 years ago
Not downloaded one single PS+ game so far. All a pile of shite again this month, as usual.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Like TurnipLord has already said the subscription is for online play the "free" games are just a bonus. Xbox live gold never used to have free games but no one moaned then. Can't please everyone I guess. ...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Some people here. Geez. Get better game talk on HotUkDeals or some crap...
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
@PHILIP Xbox Live has always been about paying to play games online, and the free games are a bonus. PS+ needed for online gaming has only come about with the PS4, so on PS3 the PS+ subscription was only for free PS3 games and no sub needed to play online, so the games given out had to be a lot better, to persuade people to pay that fee, and for free PS3 games should still be good really, as you still do not need the PS+ subscription to play online PS3 games. If you are paying PS+ for online gaming, then the free games are a bonus, but I do not play online on my PS4, so it is now getting less and less worth it, as the quality of games decline. As I use the online services on Xbox, I do not mind if the games given free on Xbox Gold are rubbish.
PHILIP 2 years ago
@Superniceguy you sound quite bitter about this; it sounds like you prefer Microsofts console so fair point in your situation. Your best choice then would be not to renew it then or sell the Playstation for funds towards more xbox stuff. I use it for the online and the free games and have been more than happy with the content over the last couple of years. As for your point about Sony giving free games to entice people isnt Xbox guilty of that as they started adding free "games with gold" too which at first were either average or very old titles. I am not knocking Xbox so don't take that the wrong way mate. Like everyone on here I love games regardless of the console it's on. If you're not happy with it get rid of it :-)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@DynamiteWhyte and your comment was brilliant was it? It sparked a flurry of interesting game debates! Keep coming back with the amazing conversation starters!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
I forget. Should have called someone a prick, or trolled like a 13 year old. Alas, my conversation isn't needed.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Exactly.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
I made the utter mistake of buying everyone of these games (except Ether One which looks pretty good) and Unfinished Swan is really impressive (and you get two lots of trophies ! ) ) Murassaki baby is warped and a lot of fun, Guacamole is pretty uninteresting to be honest but Hohokum has to be the biggest tub od w@n< I have ever played its just appalling you will have more fun shopping in Tesco on a friday night so yup in all another cr@p selection as I was stupid enough to buy all this rubbish ha ha!!! Ether One though could be a little gem though
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
@PHILIP I was happy about the content over the last couple of years, that is what made me sign up last June, but since then it has gone downhill rapidly and I missed on loads of awesomeness. It is like bait and switch. I only have a problem with the PS3 side of things, as without the AAA games, the PS+ sub is not worth it. You do not need PS+ for online. Force Unleashed 2 costs less than £3 on PSN store atm, and I would rather pay for that than have all these free games this month at £3.33 with PS+, but I would have loved to play through Mafia 2 and F1 2013 again on PS3 and get trophies for it, than it be free on Xbox 360. I have too many PS3 games to get rid of the console, and there are still some free past games I would like to finish first, so if I cancel PS+ I will not be able to play them. but If they keep churning out more games I do not like over the next year I will probably not renew next year, and I'll make sure I am done with those games.