Thursday Chat: April 30

It's Thursday already, so what games are you playing this week?

Nothing? Well did you know that you can now play internet archived games in a tweet? Useful information, I know. We will be streaming again this morning, although which game it'll be that we are playing is a mystery at the moment, to me anyway.

So what are you up to?

Edited On 30 Apr, 2015

Comments
JoeToots 2 years ago
Been playing the witcher 8 hours into it and only really at the beginning of chapter 1. I just find myself walking around soaking in the atmosphere.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Which one? Witcher 1 or 2?
Number 2.
PHILIP 2 years ago
@joetoots do you need play the first Witcher game or is it in any way beneficial before playing the second ? As in does the story carry on ?
JoeToots 2 years ago
I haven't played the first one but I'm still following the story just fine. I actually watched the official round up of the first witcher on YouTube before playing number 2
PHILIP 2 years ago
Ok nice one thanks for your speedy reply. Sounds like you're impressed with it :-)
JoeToots 2 years ago
It takes a hell of a lot for ME to stick to a game. I usually get bored of games so so easy. This one has gripped me.
PHILIP 2 years ago
lol I am the same I downloaded slender man the other night and thought this is really good..... and then 3 hours later it ended.... before I even had chance of getting bored ha ha ha
Splatoon Nintendo Direct next Thursday for anyone interested.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Number 2 is shite ;)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Disclaimer: The above comment is a crap joke!
PHILIP 2 years ago
yeah... crap joke.. but you still made me smile lol
JoeToots 2 years ago
ohh i've just realised, shots fired.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Gamers must be some of the most guliable consumers. Halo 5 Limited collectors edition is up for preorder for £200 come with a statue but no pictures of what the statue is or any details about it but guess there are people pre ordering it.
Amiibo touch & play is on the eshop now, another nice little freebie from Nintendo.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
@superniceguy I've never played either of the Witchers but I will be buying the Witcher 3 as from what I've seen it looks like a decent chilled guy, something I can play for a few hours every couple of days after work.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I was not going on about Witcher games, I was talking toilet numbers and playing with the comment "Number 2"! I like games like the Witcher, and I will be buying Witcher 3 too, and I may even upgrade my PC specially for it.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I've always wanted a decent gaming PC but I'd rather someone else built it for me, what I have in mind is a quad core i5 3.2ghz, 8gb ram, 256gb SSD, 4tb HDD. No idea which motherboard, graphics card, power supply or case would be suitable which is why I just haven't bothered with a PC gaming, it's to much hassle which is honestly why I just bought a PS4 instead.
JoeToots 2 years ago
Danny sounds like you need one of these http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-z97-maximus-vii-ranger-motherboard-plus-512gb-crucial-mx100-ssd-plus-8gb-ram-plus-i5-4690k-plus at least you'd know it's all compatible.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
That's a good idea Joe but I don't see a graphics card or a power supply unit. Would of been handy if I knew about those bundles 4/5 days a go as the £450 I had a spare I spent on my PS4 including games. I might look into PC gaming again in about 2/3months time once I have about £700/£800 spare. I already have a decent monitor, keyboard and mouse so I just need a decent tower that can play practically anything at 1080p and in 60fps which would be a good first PC. Ideally I'd like to play games in 4k but that's way out of price range.
For 4k you would need to spend over 2k I would say
JoeToots 2 years ago
Gfx card http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-msi-gtx-970-gaming-4g-twin-frozr-5-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1140mhz-boost-1279mhz-1664-cores-1x-dp-2x-d PSU http://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-corsair-builder-series-cx-non-modular-80-plus-bronze-1x120mm-fan-atx-psu case http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-source-220-black-mid-tower-case-with-side-window-and-2x120mm-quiet-clear-blue-led-fans-w-o-psu- then you'll just need a HDD
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Aye Nox exactly
Building a PC is kinda easy once you watch some tutorials or read the manuals (Reading manuals, I know) but if you aren't comfortable doing it then you will be spending more but you will get support from Scan or Utopia or anyone who builds it
JoeToots 2 years ago
This is why i like PC gaming.. Dem graphics http://puu.sh/hwv9W/2f15300198.jpg http://puu.sh/hwvis/78b6acedb1.jpg and finally the witcher 2 which i've been hyping on about http://puu.sh/hwvpO/3f86bb7a8b.jpg http://puu.sh/hwvuW/ea0876b187.jpg
JoeToots 2 years ago
Just realized the images looks shite because they're compressed
JoeToots 2 years ago
The inital down payment on PC gaming is expensive don't get me wrong but once you are sorted you can't grumble. Mortal kombat on console £45 on PC £17.99. That's where the savings come from.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Cheers Joe, When I have the money (which could be a while) I will get back to you in building a PC. Nox I've never built a PC before so that's why I'm a bit worried about it but I think I would end up just buying all the parts and taking it to a PC shop and paying then like £60 or something and get them to build instead as I do have a tendency to get annoyed/pissed very easily (you may of noticed?) and id hate to spent that kind of money, then get annoyed/pissed off and break/bin it like I did with my Xbox one.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
That's what has always intrigued me about PC gaming the MUCH better graphics and MUCH cheaper games but as you said the upfront cost is ridiculous compared to console/s.
Tbh I wouldn't recommend doing that. Scan would take an extra £60 more & then you would get lifetime support from them
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Oh okay so scan can build the entire thing for me?
Toots actually got Scan to build his PC so his opinion is worth more but yes they do build it for you
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yeh Scan built mine, They have good support and it's totally worth the little extra but next time after fiddling with mine abit i'd deffo build it myself.. It slots together just like lego.
^^^^This^^^^
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Cool, I'll have to have a look at Scan's site at work during my break or something as its quite annoying on an iPad when trying to use multiple tabs.
Michael 2 years ago
Play expo in Blackpool over the weekend should be fun.